Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who else is truly living rural?

Boolit Master

kcso
    I would have loved to have that much tuff to run around on my decades ago but getting older and health issues one needs to understand that you don't want to have to have a helicopter ride every time you need to go to the hospital and they are very expensive to boot.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    The Scandinavians, Russians, Inupiaq, Inuit and other Northern peoples know the solution for cold winters:

After a good soak in a sauna, banya, whatever you call it and your joints will be young and supple.

Boolit Master

I live in the Chihuahuan Desert in West Texas, in the largest county in Texas comprising of over 6000 square miles of land with a population of around 9000. Alpine the county seat houses around 6000 of them I believe, leaving the other 3000 of us the other what, 5000 square miles to occupy... I live 60 miles south of Alpine, nearest neighbor is over a mile away, the next another mile, and the next another mile. Closest town is 30 miles south, has a PO, gas station, liquor store, and several bars and motels for the tourist visiting Big Bend National Park. I have 120 acres to roam around in, solar power, rain catchment for water, and my only bill is the phone/internet bill. Wouldn't have it any other way, only thing I wonder is what took me so long to get here!

Boolit Master

Kcso, I know the area; that's about as rural as you can get. You're just a bit north of my folks.

Boolit Buddy
    Im 18 miles from a gas station, nearest Walmart is 40 MILES ONE WAY, I deer and hog hunt out of the window of reloading room, shooting bench is next to back steps and range is 900 yds. long.