Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: New AR item for Cali-legal options

Boolit Master

New AR item for Cali-legal options

Just saw this post on my feed so I thought I'd share. Some genius came up with a nice cheap way to make your AR legal for Cali until the laws can be resolved.

http://www.chicksontheright.com/gun-...id-new-ar-law/

https://www.facebook.com/79045482431...9137382117290/

It’s like clockwork. The government puts in a dumb new regulation, private enterprise immediately starts looking for a way to get around it legally. Name a regulation, you can probably find someone looking for a legal loophole to get out of it (Obamacare was a popular one. Plenty of accountants went looking for – and found – ways for their uninsured clients to get around having to pay hefty fines while also avoid overpaying for useless heath insurance plans).

The latest example? According to this, a couple of gun store owners in California started looking for cost-effective ways to deal with a restrictive new gun law passed in that state.

See, the new law redefined what would be considered an “assault rifle.” Semi-automatic center fire rifles now have to be registered as such, as does anything with a pistol grip or other features that evidently make California lawmakers pee their pants when they see it on a gun.

(To be fair, lawmakers in California probably need a new set of skivvies whenever they see a freaking Nerf gun.)

Enter John Bastiani of Bastiani Arms in Redding, California. Rather than make his customers pay $50 for new parts and upgrades to make their now-assault-rifles legal, he and friend Mike Schroeder went looking for more cost-effective ways for people to become compliant with state law –

First off – I was surprised that there are still gun stores operating in California (my hat goes off to these gentlemen for their tenacity).

Second off – I’m not surprised that these guys went to the drawing board to come up with a way to make their guns and their customers’ guns compliant with the new regulation. I swear, leftist lawmakers have this idea that gun owners are going to show up and register their previously-legal-now-criminalized firearms, like they’re a bunch of sheep or something.

But where government meddles in basic human rights, the free market finds a way. That is the one thing you can count on. And now, Bastiani Arms is going to be the go-to place for legal California gun owners looking to stay on the right side of the law.

I will say one thing – you’re probably not going to find any gang members or criminal elements lining up for this product. What do they care about obeying the law?
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

There's no stopping American ingenuity.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Buddy
    Still smells like infringement to me.

Boolit Buddy
    Saw a follow up post to this on facebook. The Jeff Davis law firm is advising people not to use this device as it may not change things enough to be Cali legal. One more reason for me to not live in California, a shame as some of the pictures I've seen it looks really pretty.

Boolit Master
    You could just register your AR as an assault weapon then you could do anything to it.

Before anyone jumps off the cliff here it would be wise to educate yourself on these BS Laws that probably aren't going to stand the way they are or at all for that matter.
    Here is two videos from Youtube that the guy exposes some major flaws in the wording of the new AW Law. Even the 9th Circuit won't be able to uphold them without major rewrites as there is wording that nobody could figure out contained in them.

These Laws are unconstitutional as written because the clearly Infringe on the 2A Right due to completely nebulous and contradictory content. They were written to confuse people and make them want to not have guns, and this is clearly the intent,,, Period...

Have a look at these and nobody should register anything until these laws are finalized and all the battles are fought. There is no rush and the worst possible scenario is to be done before the end of the year. but there are so many loopholes in the law as written that if you simply separate your gun into the two main parts it is no longer a weapon of any kind. Thus doesn't need to be registered as an AW. Or you could remove the bolt, or any other major part of the gun.

There are many simple ways around this law, as it was written by amateurs.

https://youtu.be/DgSTbn7ytak

https://youtu.be/GxUR6GS5bbI

Watch these before you do anything.

This law won't stand.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckiller View Post
    You could just register your AR as an assault weapon then you could do anything to it.
    Well Sh*t, why not just give them to the government?