Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your First bb gun or pellet gun and what do you have now?

Boolit Buddy
    It was Christmas Day in 1972, and I was 8 years old. That was when I received my first BB gun, a Daisy Model 102, which I still have.

Banned
    Crossman .22 "pump up" pellet gun, that I received in 1956 for my 10th BD. - It's one of the few things from my childhood that I still have.

yours, tex

Boolit Master
    A Daisy Red Ryder that at age eight I sold 12 cases of the miracle salve that was advertised on the back inside cover of Marvel Comic Books to acquire. The next spring/summer I sold 15 more cases of and got the Whizzer 1/3rd HP motorized attachment for my bicycle. That baby would top out close to 20 miles an hour.

Today I have a Feinwerkbau 300S and an HD with a 130 horsepower and torque 120R package in. Some things never change, they just get more expensive.

And, like many others here, I have NOT shot my eye out!

Perma-Banned
    My first real pellet gun was a Daisy Powerline, today it is called an 880 Powerline, seems like it was a different number back in the 80s? Anyway it looked just like this.
    Attachment 186424

And my rifle today is a Crossman Nitro Venom Dusk .177
    Attachment 186425

Boolit Master
    First? Daisy Red Ryder. Current? Same style gun but without the Red Ryder decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    The typos on the first line are courtesy of my cat who decided to dance across the key board while I was posting. Still no edit function with this browser.
    He Heh, I thought maybe you were having a little fit as you typed, but the cat is a much better story!!

Grandad was a horse trader and figured that a boy taking care of a horse had less time to get into trouble so we were all saddle hands. My first one got walked into the living room, a smoky dapple Shetland. Happy birthday!
    So while we were out terrorizing the countryside the dogs liked to bark and try to bite. After we had gotten hand tooled belts we had to have tooled leather rifle scabbards and lever action Daisy's.

With a six year old that thinks he's Hoot Gibson backing up his eight year old big brother that thinks he's Roy Rogers... look out!

Banned
    Daisy 111 was the first, lots of sparrows fell to that one. Have owned several over 50 years. Even though I can shoot anything safely in any direction from my house there is a Bluestreak by the front door and a Silverstreak in the barn.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    My Dad Bought me a Daisy Model 99 Target special in the early 60's I became deadly accuate with it picking off tent caterpillars and birds when I was young.
    I recently revamped it and put in all new parts that were worn & it is back to it original state!
    I has a place of honor next to the back door! ( to deter critters)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lside.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	186474
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rside.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	186475
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    "He Heh, I thought maybe you were having a little fit as you typed, but the cat is a much better story!! "

A few minutes ago three of the cats took turns jumping on the table while I was placing a crucial parts order. I was so distracted that I drank half a cup of hot water before I realized I had not added the instant coffee.

from now on when I have something important to do at least those three are going to be locked in the back room till I'm through, I already put a litter box and food and water bowls in there to be ready for them.

If I could edit my posts it would not be such a problem.

Boolit Master
    Still have the Crossman 22 pump that I bought in the mid '60s. Shined Dad's shoes, vacation sat neighbor's pets and yards. Mowed neighbor's yards. Took friend's paper route while he went on vacation with his family. Saved every penny for six months to buy that rifle. It was about $24.00.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Daisy 25 Pump Gun - Gift from Uncle Bill - Christmas 1959? - Uncle Bill - US Marine - Purple Heart - Iwo Jima, twin brother died on Okinawa; my brother-in-law 'Shorty' US Navy - Mediterranean/Italy 1945 and Uncle Bill started a shooting contest - Christmas tree balls on the tree, the ladies put a stop to all the fun!

Here if I aint gone,, Were there's a gator in the bushes & SHE"S callin my name
    "70s Crossman pump, killed a many tre rats with it, had a few more . Then moved on to 22 LR ; ) PS Brings back memories.
    H/D

I got my first pellet rifle at age 61. A Hatsan model 95 vortex with a Leupold VXIII 3.5-10. Awesome trainer and practice rifle that we can shoot in the backyard.

Boolit Mold
    daisy m188 one cock pistol
    daisy 880 for rifle

Christmas of 1952 saw me receiving a plastic stocked Red Ryder that I kept until hurricane Carla claimed it in 1962. Then I acquired a few CO2 guns that I wasn't impressed with. In the 1980s I bought a Beeman 250, that was actually a Diana model 45. That was an impressive pellet gun, but I traded it for a 30 quart All American pressure cooker!

I did buy another Red Ryder, a Diana model 45 and a Hammerli .22 PCP.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Daisy Model 25, way back in 1948 when I was 6. Today? My collection numbers in the 12 to 15 number range. Everything from a chinese side lever to a Walther LGR Match Universal side lever, to a PCP rifle.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master
    Started with a used Red Ryder (maybe 7 or 8), then a Model 25 (?) pump, and finally a Model 99 that broke when I was about 13. Didn't have one until my girlfriend (later wife) bought me a Sheridan Blue Streak that I eventually put a peep sight on. Still have it. As luck would have it the LGS a few towns over is a service center and so had it rebuilt about 5 years ago. Very accurate and will kill small game at close range (25yards or less) as well as a .22 with shorts.

I've a nice indoor range for this sort of thing- 50' with a trap and backstop- always the first stop when I'm asked to teach someone to shoot, and I shoot pretty much daily.
    Crossman 150 .22 pistol- (it was my mom's, she gave it to me for my 8th birthday- my first pistol)
    Crossman M-1 Carbine- (new- on the same birthday- my first rifle)

I still have those, of course, and have picked up a few over the years, I've the usual Gammo stuff, but my favorite is a Crossman MK-II- same weight as the Ruger- makes the segue from the shop range with air to the outdoor range with a .22 very smooth for new shooters.

At a yard sale a couple of years ago I picked up a King 1000 shot repeater, shoots at about 38FPS and will hold a 10' group at 10'... but still consider it a dollar well spent.
    The essence of education is self reliance- T.H. White.

Currently seeking wood carving tools, wood planes, froes, scorps, spokeshaves... etc....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12