RepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Think I May Be Done With BH209---Long winded sad story

Quote Originally Posted by Themoose View Post
    I think some have missed my point....
    I got it. Life's too short. Stick with what works for you. Sounds like you've got the plan.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Banned
    I have some spare barrels so I can put this to the test some time and see how things improve with pyrodex.

Boolit Master
    Tomme that is one nice buck. As for Roger Johnson, he is one of my best friends, though we live over 1500 miles apart one way. I have shot with Roger, he introduced me to paper patching and BH 209, if he states his guns shoot a ragged hole at 100yds, you can take it to the bank. We have had dealings for years, everything has been exactly as stated. One of Rogers Rifles he recently sold, was shooting about 2" groups, at 250yds, I forget the weight, but very heavy paper patched .50. I was shooting it, with peep sights. What Roger knows, he knows. I was skeptical of BH 209 after my first outing, but after further reading the company's tech stuff, and reviewing what Roger had explained to me. I currently have 2 TC Omegas set up,with BDC scopes made for ML rifles. One of them will shoot under 3"at 300yds, can show you the groups. Range was shot with a Leica Gevoid rangefinder. If the gun you are shooting is not made to shoot this powder, Roger offered a easy fix, some people wont like it, but the drilled hole will help. I would try to get a different breechplug for most inlines first, if it was me.Like I stated previously, it has been around for a long time, with folks using it who shot trad ML's, most with a drum/nipple setup, to make sure it went off every time, especially in the more humid areas of the south, from my research. I have a .50 TC Renegade barrel, that has had this done, and fires much faster with 2ffg, than my std Renegade .50 barrel. As for the BH209 issue, I have went thru 5 cans, all different lot#'s, with no issues, in either of my TC Omegas, guess I got lucky.

Banned

You mean like this?

If it works for you and other, then hey, what the heck, why not. But it is not for me. I just don't like the powder. It's like I like Chevys and you like Fords. To each their own. None of my rifles need to have this done. And if they did I would get rid of them. Mine go off without delay. The only time they did, I was using Pyrodex. It was with powder I had sitting around for about 5 years. Pyrodex goes bad after it has been opened. At the time I did not know this. The article I read said it was about 9-11% reduction in velocity for each year after the container was opened.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234