Titan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Think I May Be Done With BH209---Long winded sad story

Perm-Banned
    ok this is the last time im going to say anything about the bleeder hole. of course there is air coming out of your nipple when you load. BUT there is still air in there. the flame has to compress this air to reach to powder. sometimes the compression is too much and blows the flame back. as far as the hole eroding, thats going to take a real long time. and if it does any one with any skills at all can drill out the hole and tap it and put in a screw of stainless steel with a 1/32 hole in the middle of it. it sounds like i brought up politics or God or something the reactions that are coming in on this. frontier muzzleloaden, your not the last word on every thing. your new to this shootin black, you sound like you have been doing it for years and are about to right a book on it. because you dont like it doesnt mean its bullshi------. learn a little more and keep at it but again your not the last word on it all.

Banned
    NJ (but usually somewhere east of the east coast)
    Hey, if it works... Half of those old wives tales die hard in the BH myths. Most of them were from when it was new, and the kinks were still being worked out. (which mostly ended up being a breech plug issue) The magnum charge thing is BS too. My Knight Mountaineer .32 conversion shoots a 15-20 grn. charge under a patched roundball flawlessly.

Banned

If you have to use or do all of this just to use this powder, it is worthless. All of these subs are for the people that are too lazy to clean their guns properly.

But that is my opinion. You what they say about that!

Boolit Master
    Some folks on here, seem a bit high and mighty with their feedback on the pressure hole being drilled. This was published in Dixie Gun Works catalog for years, as some facts for beginners, by Turner Kirkland himself, who has probably forgotten more about traditional American made ML's than most of us will ever know. Do some research, it was used a lot in certain schools, of Southern rifles. Take a deep breath guys.

Perm-Banned
    thanks sam, lots of mice trying to roar like a lion.

Banned

I just don't get it? Why bother when you can use regular black and not have to drill anything.

Perma-Banned
    [QUOTE=koger;3938013]Some folks on here, seem a bit high and mighty with their feedback on the pressure hole being drilled. This was published in Dixie Gun Works catalog for years, as some facts for beginners, by Turner Kirkland himself, who has probably forgotten more about traditional American made ML's than most of us will ever know. Do some research, it was used a lot in certain schools, of Southern rifles. Take a deep breath guys.[/QUOTE

I just can't imagine drilling a hole in the barrel of any of my rifles just to use a certain brand of powder, personally i would never do that! But i am definitely not against you doing it to yours, If its your rifle 2 or 3 holes might be better than 1?

Boolit Grand Master

Considering that drilling this type of hole has been done for the past 200 years without issues is good enough for me. I don't own any that's are drilled but I have drilled them for other people. They have been happy with the results.

Perm-Banned
    tomme boy, this was invented in 1840, not yesterday. it was invented for black powder users, not modern powder. some side locks with number 11 caps dont go off all the time due to back pressure with BLACKPOWDER. i think talk here by some is with out reading what is being talked about. we could go to double spacing and all capital letters and use the out line form of talking like back in school. some people get wound up over nothing. this is old 1840/s tec. and some are saying it was just invented, WOW, there is something in the air.

Banned

Someone seems all high and mighty???

Really don't care when it was invented. If the gun has to have this to work properly, then that gun is defective. Someone messed up making the breach. How many million of these guns have been made and do not require a extra hole to work? It is a work around for someones screw up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Someone seems all high and mighty???

Really don't care when it was invented. If the gun has to have this to work properly, then that gun is defective. Someone messed up making the breach. How many million of these guns have been made and do not require a extra hole to work? It is a work around for someones screw up.
    Not lazy and not a screwup ,just faster /reliable ignition and I"ve done 5 !If it didn't I would not done a second one and sounds like you don"t have the experience to even voice an opinion (just a wild A** guess) !

Perm-Banned
    tomme boy, please write a book for all of us to read. bet you know everything about every thing. you bring joy to a party when you walk in a room. let it all out, every piece of knowledge you have on muzzleloaders. i know one thing your groups, are nothing to my groups and my friends groups. the thing about the internet, even mice can roar. go ahead, contribute, tell us all about muzzleloaders. show us your groups, bet you know all about politics,God and the american way of life also. lead on great oh great authority, lead on. guys like waksupi has forgotten more about black powder than you could ever learn in a life time. you should listen and learn, instead of nay say, anybody can nay say.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    If you have to use or do all of this just to use this powder, it is worthless.
    No it would be the rifle that is worthless LOL. Its like saying my old f250 uses Type F fluid for the power steering. Now my NEW ford uses automatic tranny fluid! This is BS! I bought a 55 gallon drum of Type F, Now I can't even use the ****! This truck is junk.

Banned

Someones rear end hurts! Johnson, are you sure you are not Mr. Humble using a separate account??? Because you act just like him.

So lets see some groups there Johnyboy

Perm-Banned
    i wish i knew what you are even talking about, have no idea with your babble. put forth some clear ideas here, teach us something. give us something to read and ponder with science behind it. your just a guy who wandered into a real meeting and has nothing to say but says it anyways. keep punching the keys and show us how really smart you are. lead on tommy boy, you light up every room you walk into, light us up. i want to learn something from you.

Banned

Still waiting on those groups????????

Banned

Johnyboy, sounds like you need to take a time out. You are acting like a 3 year old that was told NO. Just because someone does not believe in something you do does not give you the right to belittle them. You have attacked two people on this thread already. I guess it shows your mentality of a being a liberal. You attack when someone does not think like you.

It does not matter if you or anyone else is right. But people that act like you are what gives forums bad names. Did you not just reply to a thread about people being rude on forums? You are acting like the thread was all about.

Like I said above, it is my opinion. And you know what they say about that. I don't try to seem demeaning or attack people. But you sir seem to do it on most threads you post on.

At least I am in the Iowa record books for shooting a deer with my muzzleloader. Can you say that? 189 3/8"

And here is a 200 yard group with said muzzleloader.

Boolit Master
    Man, i don't care what anyone says that is a nice buck!

Banned

Here is a little better pic. My phone is not that great.

Boolit Master

This thread sure went downhill. Tommyboy and Johnson1942, you both contribute a lot to this forum and are better than this. It must be hunting season over and fishing season still not here.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast