Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Davidson's Single Six .32 H&R

Boolit Buddy

New Davidson's Single Six .32 H&R

I just picked up this Davidson's Exclusive Single Six in .32 H&R. It has green fiber optic sights both front and rear and those sights are the ticket! I can't wait to load up some .32's and try this baby out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170123_203946_zpsctqwcirk.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	186060

Boolit Master

32h&r

Nice ! your going to like the 32, great small game getter.

Boolit Master

Is it offered with a Bisley grip?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hickory View Post
    is it offered with a bisley grip?
    no...

Boolit Master
    I have his exact one. I love it partially because the fiber optic is much finer than most of my fiber optic sights. I really enjoy shooting it, even though it's funny to me that my SP-101 in 327 can handle a much hotter round than this big old thing.

It would be neat to have a nice single action style cowboy belt/holster with ammo loops to fit the caliber.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    ....it's funny to me that my SP-101 in 327 can handle a much hotter round than this big old thing.
    The Single Seven is built on the same frame and just has an additional hole drilled in the cylinder, so it should be able the handle the hotter .327 round just fine. Right?

Boolit Grand Master
    depends on the location of the bolt cut. Cylinders with an odd numbered chambers usually have thicker chamber walls than their even-numbered counterparts
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

H&R SAAMI specs are low for the capability of the cartridge, mostly because of inexpensive revolvers chambered for the round not up to the task. I shoot mostly S&W long loads out of mine, but I do carry warm H&R self defense loads. 98 grain wadcutters at 1250 fps, though that is pushing a wadcutter fairly fast, I have not seen any extreme pressure signs. I don't think you would have any problems with limited use of hot ammo.

The only problem with mine is with warm ammo the report is very sharp, even wearing ear plugs, without them it can be almost painful. But in a SD shooting temporary hearing loss would be my last concern.

Boolit Master
    Well I have never been too eager to try rounds the gun isn't officially rated for, but I do know 327 won't fit in this one. I guess I could load up toward 327 pressure but I just don't want to do that. Too many variables I don't understand 100%.

I'm a lot more likely to load down my 327 to below 32 H&R levels anyway. Now if only I had separate die sets for both because I hate setting dies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dilly View Post
    Well I have never been too eager to try rounds the gun isn't officially rated for, but I do know 327 won't fit in this one. I guess I could load up toward 327 pressure but I just don't want to do that. Too many variables I don't understand 100%.

I'm a lot more likely to load down my 327 to below 32 H&R levels anyway. Now if only I had separate die sets for both because I hate setting dies.
    Make up a washer to go under your seat/crimp die that is the thickness difference between 32M/.327M, and adjust your dies for the shorter round. RCBS shipped lots of their 38Spl/357mag dies this way.

Boolit Master

Well, I've got a couple 32H&R's but they are converted 22rf single six's. Couple dandies.

Love the grips on your 32! Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to shoot, and economic to boot.

Boolit Master
    I can't seem to get over the rosewood and stainless combo Ruger is known for.

Boolit Grand Master

Triggernosis;
    If you want some practical loading data, send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward the information to you. I am a serious user of "things .32"...

Dale53

Boolit Grand Master

New Davidson's Single Six .32 H&R

Quote Originally Posted by Triggernosis View Post
    The Single Seven is built on the same frame and just has an additional hole drilled in the cylinder, so it should be able the handle the hotter .327 round just fine. Right?
    Longer case so the round won't chamber in the cylinder. Same as trying to load 357 in a 38 Special.

But this doesn't stop you from loading the 32 case to 327 levels. You have a limited OAL w/ this cylinder length anyway. So seat the bullets out and you have the same case capacity as the 327. One less round means the cylinder walls are thicker. Would be nice if they came out w/ one chambered in 327. While I've gotten used to the Single 7 quirks one less round w/ proper cylinder alignment would be great.

Edit:
    Remembered the Single 7 cylinders aren't fluted. The fluting may negate the ability to handle the higher pressure.

Boolit Grand Master
    Is that revolver still available or is it an older run special? I can't find it on Davidson's website.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    I found it at a LGS in January of 2016, so it's not exactly brand new.

Looks like a good, useful gun, but the plastic in the front sight will not do for real precision. Rod

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodfac View Post
    Looks like a good, useful gun, but the plastic in the front sight will not do for real precision. Rod
    Fortunately, the plastic is entirely covered by the front "post", so when you line up the 3 green dots the flat top of the post lines up with the top of the rear sight blade notch. A win-win, in my opinion.

Nice gun and one of my favorite cartridges too. I haven't seen one of those yet but have a stainless Single Six Birdshead and a 3" SP101 in .32 magnum.
    Keep moving forward!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast