Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Carnauba Blue, a softer, no heat, version of Carnauba Red.

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce, just 20 sticks??? Good start I guess

Think I have 20 just of CR!!!!

Anxious to try this....How many sticks would one get to start pan lubing this. I'd like a good stash

Banned

I keep an old crock about 3/4s full of lube. When I start sizing and know im going to need more lube in the star I fire it up and when its melted ladle it in. I do have an extension on my star lube reservoir that about doubles its capacity though. So when it gets down to less the a 1/4 its time to light off the crock pot. Any odds and ends of different lubes I make just get tossed into the pot. Its part felix lube part a couple different lars lubes. some magma hard blue, some grease and beeswax and probably some other things ive forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    just put them all in a pan.
    melt them and pour them into the lube sizer as needed.

Banned

yep.
    the one I'm working on now is probably part everything you can use in a lube and some things you shouldn't be using.
    it's got carnuba red, magma red, felix type lube, bens red type, 2-3 other greases, some different oils, and probably another 3 different wax bases. [plus a dozen or more ingredients] the only thing it's missing is some metals.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm very thankful for the great lubes that White Label sells. Having a crock pot full of a mishmash of lubes would drive me nuts. So would all the time wasted making and testing lubes.

I knew there was a reason I bought a third LAM1. I may paint this one blue since I haven't finished restoring it

Banned

Hours and hours testing lubes is what got me to the crock pot full of mixed lubes. Found out that about any lube except the hard ones does just fine and any advantage in accuracy with one lube over the other is seldom repeated across the board on all my guns. Don't get me wrong I like Lars lubes. Mostly because there the cheapest good lube on the market. His Cordoba blue does anything lbt blue does at less then half the price and his alox blends are every bit as good as something like Javalina. Used to make a lot of lubes and spent a lot fooling with it. Found out for not much more then a guy has to pay for bees wax if you don't get it for free, you can buy good lube from lars.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm very thankful for the great lubes that White Label sells. Having a crock pot full of a mishmash of lubes would drive me nuts. So would all the time wasted making and testing lubes.

I knew there was a reason I bought a third LAM1. I may paint this one blue since I haven't finished restoring it

Banned

you finally get to a point where you look more at the way a lube feels and feathers out than what is really in it.
    there is some science to putting a good lube together, but ultimately it's viscosity and flow properties are what makes it work or not.
    my main lube now is a mix of waxes and mineral oil bases buffered with a very small amount of POE oil, and some moly.

this new one from Glen appears to have just about the same consistency [viscosity] as I was modifying his C-red to have for a long time.
    without even trying it I know it is an improvement over the C-red for the home user, just from Glens description.

Banner Sponsor

Okay, for you Pan Lubers, I now have pound blocks up in our web store.
    http://lsstuff.com/store/index.php?m...products_id=51
    It was very hassle free. I just poured the lube in to cover the lube grooves and let it cool to room temp. Then knocked the lube block out and pushed the bullets out from the top to the bottom.

beautiful job with the pan lubed boolits, very neat!
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master
    I'd love to try some of this, but I don't think I will run out of my "Special" mix until 2025. 50/50 Lotak Hard and Thompson Blue Angel. I'm down to about 4 pounds left LOL.

I love the color. I don't know why, but blue is my favorite color for bullet lube.

Banner Sponsor

Doc44 suggested that I try a diamond target instead of the round ones.

This is 27gns of Herc 2400( 1822fps ) and the NOE 411-251WFN sized to .413" seated to 2.985"

I'm thinking of putting a scope on it for testing. Will the Weaver side mount fit with the factory drilled holes?

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/429...FU6ewAodP0kMIg

Boolit Master

I had a chance to use this today. It looks like you have a winner.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Master

I just ordered 10 sticks.....tired of making my own.
    Denny

Boolit Master

Does it smell as good as CR?
    ive switched almost totally to hi-tek coating but can't help myself to lube size some 45s now and then just I can smell the CR and bring back memories of lube sizing my first cast.
    I think I'm going to load some lubed bullets this week.

Boolit Master
    Anyone had a chance to run the C Blue through their Star?

Boolit Grand Master
    Been using BAC for several years now. I should try this. I just filed the lubrisizer around New Years weekend.

SHiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Master
    Just got my order of Carnuba blue yesterday and ran it through an older Star I just bought, lube ran well but think I have an issue with the Star need to check it out this week end.

Meanwhile very impressed with the Blue lube, Sunday we'll see how it shoots!

Boolit Master

Well, When you have a good product, you make sure to use it!!!!

And I believe in "Just In Time Logistics" as well. No need to be a hoarder when you have a means of getting a steady supply without excessive government intervention.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Bruce, just 20 sticks??? Good start I guess

Think I have 20 just of CR!!!!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Mold
    Fred, show us your home made lube heater and maybe business can get bigger!
    Quote Originally Posted by fred2892 View Post
    Now you've done it. I have been using your carnauba red for years and always recommend it to any cast bullet shooters at the ranges I use. This has brought me a steady demand for my home made lube heater, looks like this is going to put me out of business!!!!!!!

My next order will include your new blue, thanks Lars your service is very much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I ordered some and pan lubed with it. I will have to admit that it pan lubes better than anything I have tried. Stood up 100 38 special 358-477 bullets in a pie pan,preheated the bullets just a little and then poured the melted lube around them. Let it set about an hour and pushed the bullets out. Not one foul-up. All grooves were filled. Lars, I think you have a winner here as far as pan lubing!
    Boolits !!!!! Does that mean what I think it do? It do!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast