Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Thanks Kirk Miller!

Boolit Master

Thanks Kirk Miller!

I was looking for a Lee Bator mold and Kirk sent me a two banger for no charge. I received the mold yesterday and got out to cast with it today. First thing I had to do was cast 600 slabs for a buddy.

Burnt through almost 50 lbs of lead doing that. Sizes were 3/4, 1 and 1.5 ounces. When I was done with those I mixed some alloy into the pot and got to work.

Casting those little pills is a real hoot! I'm going to need a magnifying glass to inspect them. The cavities fill so quick it's not funny. If ya don't hit the hole directly it seems to have fill problems. That much I could see. Had to crank the pot up to about 750 to get good casts. I plan on powder coating them and shooting most of them in the .22 Mag velocity range. I'll pick up some gas checks and use them on some of them. It's really going to hurt my poor hands dealing with those tiny pills and gas checks.

I need to order a NOE sizing bushing so I can get them sized! This is going to be fun.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun I've had the past few weeks since I got into bullet casting. I've only got three molds so far. Two .45 ACP and the Bator. This "hobby" is going to cost me money, but save me a ton and keep me busy!
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Yessirree, a real gentleman!
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Sounds like great times, now and in your future.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with