Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading

View Poll Results: When do you file your taxes?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • A.

57 56.44%
  • B.

1 0.99%
  • C.

29 28.71%
  • D.

4 3.96%
  • E.

10 9.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Filing Your Taxes

Moderator Emeritus

Every year it's the same story.
    I try to file as early as possible, then some mole hill turns into a mountain, and I end up filing after that mountain is whittled back down to a mole hill. Every year, it's a different hill.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I usually start working on mine as soon as I file them for the previous year with a spreadsheet of expenditures etc. Just waiting on Uncle Sam to release my W-2s so I can get it done now.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Master
    I figure out if I owe or get back in Jan, if I get a refund I file ASAP. If I owe its 4/16.

Boolit Grand Master

ASAP - beat the scammers!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Bub

Sent for Federal Tax Forms first week in Jan. Still haven't got 'em.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    We file as soon as we have the W2s . We do get a dividend statement but it's always March before it comes in and uncle I'm sure will let me slide on $7-25 .

I guess as a single parent I make too much money now my EIC is down to $274.50 per kid .......... Not hardly worth keeping them around anymore
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master

One decent thing about how I am disabled
    I have not had to file any tax in the last 4 years

When I get my settlement I will have to restart

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Well, this year might be different, but we've usually had small refunds, so I have filed once I get everything. Too easy to do yourself.
    Taxact software. Had issue with the H&R SW a few years ago and swapped. I've been out of work half the year and have some extra $ that I'll have to pay taxes on so I expect I'll wait till April...... And Keep praying for more income to come in.

Boolit Grand Master

We hired a CPA a few years back when our taxes got significantly more complex due to rentals.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Perma-Banned

We normally do not file until Oct...the last extension date, allowable. The CPA knows that all of our stuff is late...so, he files the extension and will finish it up when we get the stuff to him.

Boolit Bub
    I usually file as soon as I get the paperwork together. Usually about the middle of Feb. This year all the paperwork came in early.

Jerry

Boolit Grand Master

I have a CPA file one return and I do my personal one. Last several years I've jumped thru the long form hoops and then taken the standard deduction. Since writing a check of any size to the IRS makes me physically ill I put it off as long as possible.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

that is my accountants headache mine is getting the stuff to them and signing when they are done
    Only good thing about taxes is they only come once a year
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Filing Your Taxes

Submitted mine tonight. The IRS has pushed back issuing refunds by a few weeks. I wanted to be at the front of the line to avoid any potential fraud issues. Don't need anyone submitting one for me.
    Last edited by dragon813gt; 01-29-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Boolit Master

Filed mine yesterday, YEEEE HAWWW
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Perma-Banned

I jut got my MD state refund. 8 days. Too bad it's already gone.
    Now waiting on Federal.
    OB

[FONT=times new roman][SIZE=3]Je suis Charlie

Safeguard our way of life...Defend the Constitution against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!!!

Boolit Master

Been using Turbo Tax for years and it has worked fine. But, last year I cashed out an old 401k and that is going to hurt. Not sure if I should hire a CPA to try and weasel me out of paying a bunch, or if there is any way to get out of paying my "fair share" this year.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    Been using Turbo Tax for years and it has worked fine. But, last year I cashed out an old 401k and that is going to hurt. Not sure if I should hire a CPA to try and weasel me out of paying a bunch, or if there is any way to get out of paying my "fair share" this year.
    There isn't, trust me. I didn't intentionally forget to file the 1099 when I cashed mine out. It came late after mine were already submitted. Figured I'd roll the dice and see what happens. Got a large tax bill this year, mind you the cash out was years ago. I thought all the taxes were taken out at disbursement. Wrong on that one, only some were.

They took away a lot of other deductions, one of them being the child tax credit. I had three weeks to pay or decide to fight. The clock starts running on the interest if you decide to fight. I paid up to make it go away. They will find out so it's best to pay up now so they don't take more than they should later.

Boolit Master
    Finished filing today. First time in several years I've only filed in one state. I goofed up my math somewhere, ended up with a refund again. I guess MGM may be getting an order from me in just a bit!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tygar View Post
    S##$! I quit filing several years ago! I refuse to be complicit in supporting the illegals, druggies, & other low life *** that my $s are going for. (+ the Btards always want more)

So, my wife takes care of it with CPAs. That should take care of it, right? Well, guess what?, NO, every year since she has had them doing it, we get the letter, "give us more $s" (for all the various scum bags) Yes, I have some, "interesting" deductions from real estate, investments etc. But...give me a break.

I've been retired since 93 & have had the IRS pukes want more about 1/3 or more of the 24 yrs, & I make less than 100k & they treat me like a dam gazillionaire!

Just hoping the Trumper fires the IRS & we can just do it on a post card.

Sorry to vent, but, the CPA has been working on ours since summer, trying to get it straight with the govt thieves.
    WELL the CPA finally filed the taxes she was working on all summer & winter! Instead of the $7500 the scumbags wanted, she said we should be getting back about $700???? (unless they do their normal BS!)

She also had this years (2016) done & we are supposed to get $400 back. Sure a change from previous yrs.

If it all stays good, she looks like a keeper CPA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast