Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingWideners
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: New product:ROLLER L HANDLE FOR LEE& HORNADY RELOADING PRESSES

Boolit Master

New product:ROLLER L HANDLE FOR LEE& HORNADY RELOADING PRESSES

Hello all,
    I have been wanting start making these for quite some time, I apologize for taking so long. Anyway, some of you have asked for a roller L-handle for the Lee Classic Turret press, and here it is! Mine is made with a 5/8" solid tool steel bar, and as you can see from the photo it is about 1" shorter than the standard Lee handle with the ball. I tried out this prototype in the shop, and it works beautifully! It just slightly bent, a few degrees more than the original handle, and gives clearance for the Lee safety prime. Unlike with the original handle there is no need to shift hand position on the upstroke to avoid jamming your hand into the priming system. I loaded some ammo with this to give 'er a whirl, and to me it just "feels" better than the original ball and tube arrangement.
    These run $38 shipped, and I'll have an initial batch of several of these available for the Lee Classic Cast Turret press within 1 week or so. I am also gauging interest for these for the Hornady LnL, let me know if you would be interested in one of these. The Hornady model would be a bit higher, due to the fact that the end needs threading, and I believe it is slightly longer, which unfortunately will raise shipping cost some. Anyway, please let me know if you would be interested in a Hornady model as well as the Lee, and I'll see what I can get going for one of these.

Thanks for your support,
    lathesmith
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Handle comparison (Small).JPG   Lee (Small).jpg   Original LEE handle (Small).JPG   LEE Classic Handle (Small).jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    I may be interested in the handle for the Hornady Press!

Terry

In Remembrance

I`d want to see what the Hornady handle looks like also.Robert

Boolit Master
    Received the roller handle for the Lee turret press today and installed it right away. Haven't made any ammo yet, but it sure is a nice addition. Thanks!

Boolit Master

I am looking for L roller handles for the Dillion 550 and SDB presses as well as an extra heavy duty press for my 2 Rockchuckers.

Any possibility for these?

Jerry
    Honor is a Way of Life

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Boolit Master
    Hi Jerry,
    I've thought about the Dillon, if you could PM me some dimensions I believe one of these 5/8" roller handles could be made up for it. I am still working on the Hornady, I want to make sure that it works satisfactorily before offering it.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

Boolit Master

Is that roller handle for the Lee Classic Turret straight or bent to where you don't have to go all the way down with it, like you would with the original handle?

Boolit Master

I bought the Ultimate Reloader roller arm. I like it but the handle on it is tiny!!! I like the look of your roller and think it would work much better. Any chance of a fresh handle upgrade?

And if my wallet makes it through Christmas without imploding then I will be ordering a Lee roller arm from you.

Boolit Master
    41 Mag, my handle matches the original handle profile, it could be bent some if that's what you prefer.

Maxbob, my handle is 1" in diameter, it appears to me those UR "roller handles" are adapted machine equipment handles, and I agree with you, they look too skinny for my preference. That's why I came out with mine, for those who prefer a fatter handle (not to mention, substantially cheaper).

Boolit Master

Is that to say you don't want to or you might offer an UR handle retrofit? I like the UR arm length and shape, but the handle is annoying to a high degree. A handle like yours for it would perk the design up a great amount for me. I doubt I'm alone. I don't have a clue as to copyright legal mumbo jumbo, but I would think there would be a way to market a handle with a certain thread pattern would be possible and not get you chased after by the lawyer police.

In Remembrance

Still waiting for a look see on the Hornady handle and cost + shipping. I`m assuming the Pro-Jector and LNL are the same thread size.Robert

Boolit Master
    Max bob, I', sure I could make you a retrofit handle for your UR, with a cost approximately in the $15-18 range. Once you get one of my roller L-handles, you can use it and see if you think this style would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Robert, I am still trying to get access to a LNL/Projector press, I thought I had this worked out but it fell through, and I have been so busy here lately that I haven't gotten around to a plan "b", I apologize for that. I don't like to make up a handle without having a way of trying it out myself, kinda old-fashioned I guess.
    I have made a few of the Lee handles, and feedback so far is positive.

Thanks,
    lathesmith

I'm also interested in a Hornady LnL AP handle.

Well, Latesmith makes roller handles for the star sizer/luber. I bought one. Am I glad I did. It is 1000% better than the stick handle that comes with the Star. It is also lower priced than the upgrade handle available from Magma.

P.S. I found the thread for the star "l" handles after posting this. Sorry for the hijack.
    Last edited by VHoward; 02-24-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Note added

Boolit Mold
    I would like to buy one of these for my Lee Classic Turret press. Thanks.

In Remembrance

Took the bit into my teeth and made my own version of a roller handle for my Hornady Pro-Jector press. If I knew how to take and post photos here I would.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    lathesmith, Sent you a PM.

Boolit Mold
    would like buy one of your handles for lee classic turret press
    please email at uncleebrown@gmail.com with details.

Boolit Mold
    How about a roller handle for my star press???