Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Newbie (Lampasas Texas) looking for someone to coach me while I learn to load

Beginner looking for someone to mentor me while I learn to load

I am excited to learn to load. During learning to reload it would be nice to have a mentor. Someone who knows some of the pitfalls and has some experience, can explain the process and maybe where the best place to look for things are. I live about an hour west of Austin Texas just outside Lampasas.
    I am reading the books (cover to cover Lyman 48th, I've started Lee's Modern Reloading) and watched countless YouTube and ravenously devoured information from forums, local gun shops and manufacturers but, since I had no equipment, never been able to get into the action. Later this week I will have a Lyman press arriving, so, soon I'll be ready to go.

Is there someone who could take me under their wing and show me the ropes of loading then later making ingots then later still casting bullets? I do well over the phone and love to send photos to clear up confusion. If you wish, (Depending where you are) I can come to you since I am asking an awful lot.
    Last edited by bbogue1; 01-24-2017 at 07:30 PM.

I live down in New Braunfels. I may be able to help you some. PM me and maybe we can exchange numbers or something.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Buddy

I'm a long ways off but drop me a PM and I'll send you my email, I remembered your name when I saw it since you just bought those bullets off me and I would be glad to help you get going. I'm pretty new to it all myself but I can help you with the basics so that you can save the expert's time for your harder questions. I'm under the weather at the moment so i've got some time to kill on the computer.

I've been reloading for 44 years and I almost know how to do it....... PM me with questions if you wish. It's a wonderful hobby. Best, Thomas.