Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy dbl bbl 22 mag derringer kit gun?

Boolit Master

Where to buy dbl bbl 22 mag derringer kit gun?

I looked through the archives here and my google foo is only turning up side plates and parts.
    Not looking for a real nice one like a bond arms but just a steel o/u with a hammer and w/o trigger guard.
    Are kit guns still available?
    Just something to pass the time.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    Leinad, FMJ or cobray sold kits. Check gunbroker. I don't remember all the calibers, but there were several.

Gunbroker, bud's, I think Cobra makes a slightly lower cost version of the Bond Arm's Derringers.

North American Arms makes small revolvers in .22lr might have one in .22 mag.

Boolit Master
    Those are easy to make and somewhere I saw a fella's detailed post down south of the border making one and it looked and shot great for what it was. I know this is no no area for the ATF so I steered far away from the thoughts of making one!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nekshot View Post
    Those are easy to make and somewhere I saw a fella's detailed post down south of the border making one and it looked and shot great for what it was. I know this is no no area for the ATF so I steered far away from the thoughts of making one!
    Why a atf No no? It's my understanding you can build a gun for yourself as long as it's for your personal use.

Boolit Master
    You can build a gun for yourself, but it still has to meet their guidlines.
    Like to be a handgun, the line of the bore must be above the grip, the barrel has to be rifled, and it is intended to shoot with one hand.
    You also have to do the manufacturing Yourself.
    You cant buy a bunch of parts, like the receiver that someone else made, and just Screw things together.
    That is why you see so many 80% AR receivers on the market.
    They reserve the right to have you prove that YOU actually have the Tools and skills to build what you did.
    But you can not buy an 80% receiver and take it to a friend and have him final machine it for you.
    And it is even Iffy if they allow you to Borrow or Rent his machine so you can do the machining.
    Then when you are all done, will your Local Authorities allow you to Possess a Gun without a serial number or registration.
    The Feds say you can build it Legally, and posess it in their eyes.
    But the States can say different per their local laws.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Gunbroker, bud's, I think Cobra makes a slightly lower cost version of the Bond Arm's Derringers.

North American Arms makes small revolvers in .22lr might have one in .22 mag.
    I seen the NAA folding revolver, like the looks of it

Me too lab, went looking at those little NAA revolvers. You can also get them in switch cylinder models that will shoot .22lr for practice and .22 mag. All for well under 300$

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Me too lab, went looking at those little NAA revolvers. You can also get them in switch cylinder models that will shoot .22lr for practice and .22 mag. All for well under 300$
    I handled one of the 22 mag folders yesterday at a local shop, nib for $269, mag cyl only. I liked the folding handle as it kept the knuckles off the rear of the trigger and made the gun point more naturally.

Yes, 301$ with both cylinders which seems pretty reasonable to me.

https://northamericanarms.com/shop/firearms/naa-22msc-hg/

Boolit Man

I have a 2-inch "Black Widow," and absolutely love the little rascal. It's more accurate than I can shoot it, but, still, I'm very happy with the 2-1/2 to 3-inch, 5-shot, off-hand, groups I routinely post at 15 yards or so. It's actually accurate enough to cause me to consider carrying it as an ultra-light "trail gun." Rabbits or squirrels would quickly become "camp meat" at reasonably close ranges.

The Black Widow is one of the few North American Arms mini-revolvers to come with really decent sights. Both the front and rear sights are drift-adjustable for windage, and it was easy to make mine print "dead-center" at 15 paces with its preferred brand of .22 Long Rifle ammo.

My revolver came with just the .22 Long Rifle cylinder, but I may send the little beauty back to NAA to have them fit an accessory .22 Magnum cylinder to it.

I like the pistol so much that I spent a couple weeks whittling a pretty set of slippery elm grips for her. I couldn't be happier with it; it's just a great little gun.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Gunn View Post
    I have a 2-inch "Black Widow," and absolutely love the little rascal. It's more accurate than I can shoot it, but, still, I'm very happy with the 2-1/2 to 3-inch, 5-shot, off-hand, groups I routinely post at 15 yards or so. It's actually accurate enough to cause me to consider carrying it as an ultra-light "trail gun." Rabbits or squirrels would quickly become "camp meat" at reasonably close ranges.

The Black Widow is one of the few North American Arms mini-revolvers to come with really decent sights. Both the front and rear sights are drift-adjustable for windage, and it was easy to make mine print "dead-center" at 15 paces with its preferred brand of .22 Long Rifle ammo.

My revolver came with just the .22 Long Rifle cylinder, but I may send the little beauty back to NAA to have them fit an accessory .22 Magnum cylinder to it.

I like the pistol so much that I spent a couple weeks whittling a pretty set of slippery elm grips for her. I couldn't be happier with it; it's just a great little gun.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --
    Now come on. After a glowing description like that and no picture of the gun and grips?
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Well I did not buy a NAA. Was browsing through bud's gun shop one day with the wife sitting next to me on our loveseat recliner. All of a sudden she pauses the TV, Points. Whats that???

Why that is a Phoenix Arms HP-22a pistol, shoots them .22lr. Semi auto, holds 10.
    How much? she askes.

Why it is brand new and 107$ I said.

Momma likes, momma will buy it Precious!

A week later it was here, it had a couple of extra unneeded safety's disabled. Made it so that you could drop the magazine with it on safe, disabled the mag safety that kept it from firing if the mag was not in the gun. Kept it from being able to open the action with it on safe.

Tried it at the range, liked it. Week later bought a second and then a 5" barrel and some extra mags. Each of them is now in a zippered bag, with 2 fully loaded mags, + a 100 round box of ammo. One lifes in the drivers door pocket of each car.

I do need to get mine to the range to see if I like the longer barrel. I like the feel of it.

Total sum invested is under 300 $ for all including FFL charges.

Way I look at it, dang cheap insurance.

I would not subject a good gun to the treatment it will get out in those cars. -30 to + 60 then back to -30. Also a more expensive gun I would worry about someone learning of them and stealing them.

These, just not an issue.

But having 20 rounds of .22lr in a tight spot on call with only a moment or two required to get to it. Well that is peace of mind. And thats priceless.

???????

I went to Bud's website just now, and the short-barreled 22a is $121-$124, and the 5" M-22a is $160-$162.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/.../Phoenix+Arms/

Did they have a sale I missed yesterday ? .

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
    Now come on. After a glowing description like that and no picture of the gun and grips?
    O.K., Fishman, here's a pic of my sweetheart.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25 yd. belly gun target.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	190568

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    ???????

I went to Bud's website just now, and the short-barreled 22a is $121-$124, and the 5" M-22a is $160-$162.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/.../Phoenix+Arms/

Did they have a sale I missed yesterday ? .

Sale was a few weeks ago now, just got around to posting about them.

On the 5" barrel I bought the kit which contains one 5" barrel and one 10 shot magazine with finger extender for 36$. This seemed eminently reasonable to me.

As for the little phoenix, bite the bullet or wait for them to go back on sale again. May take a while. Still a very reasonable price IMO.

I got one for 107$ but 6 days later when I ordered the second price was up to 125$ for both of them. Still a good price.

Boolit Man

Howdy GhostHawk,

I'm wondering what sort of accuracy are you getting from the Phoenix autos? They're sure priced right, if they're reliable and accurate.

Lemme know what they'll do.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Boolit Grand Master

About 1965 I remember reading in the American Rifleman , an ad for a complete set of drawings with complete instructions for a make it your self Single Shot 22 pistol. No machining was required and it could be made with hand tools, the barrel was the only thing you couldn't make yourself , but they listed some places to order a blank from. I mailed in the $2.00 and kept those plans for decades but never actually made the gun. It was a tip down with an manual extractor, worked sort of like a single barrel shot gun, I don't remember the locking method.
    Someone from that era must remember those ad's...did you keep the plans ? If so post them.
    I might still have them pack ratted away ....but finding them would be the problem.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Well my Ruger Mk III 22/45 with 4-5 inch barrels they are NOT. The rugers will put 10 inside a pop cap at 20 feet. These, more like a coffee cup.

5" barrel was a bit better than the 3". Not as much help as I was hoping. However I prefer the way the gun feels with it. I also need to blacken the front sight ramp and add a small dab of White out. Old eyes and Iron sights need all the help they can get.

Not what I would consider a target shooter. However I suspect at zero to 30 feet I could put all 10 rounds into the head. Good enough for me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Gunn View Post
    Howdy GhostHawk,

I'm wondering what sort of accuracy are you getting from the Phoenix autos? They're sure priced right, if they're reliable and accurate.

Lemme know what they'll do.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    About 1965 I remember reading in the American Rifleman , an ad for a complete set of drawings with complete instructions for a make it your self Single Shot 22 pistol. No machining was required and it could be made with hand tools, the barrel was the only thing you couldn't make yourself , but they listed some places to order a blank from. I mailed in the $2.00 and kept those plans for decades but never actually made the gun. It was a tip down with an manual extractor, worked sort of like a single barrel shot gun, I don't remember the locking method.
    Someone from that era must remember those ad's...did you keep the plans ? If so post them.
    I might still have them pack ratted away ....but finding them would be the problem.
    Gary
    JACO Derringer?

Sure, I have them as pdf's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mudc4tcjr1qopq8/Jaco_Derringer.pdf?dl=0

And other JACO plans

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p4tc0mo2ci..._Mini.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaze4zqcga...stern.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99p9rulb53...t%201.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/avzz3zdjeq...t%202.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yqtbhofkt...istol.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cb8z8jiauc...Rifle.pdf?dl=0

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jaco Mini.jpg 
Views:	3328 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	191544

I even solid modelled the Mini, but haven't built one yet. That would be highly illegal here DownUnder!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast