Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 Mil/Mil

Vortex Viper PST 6x24x50 Mil/Mil

Anyone own one? What are your likes/dislikes?
    Good optics for the $$$?
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

I would also be interested in this. I saw one today and was a little impressed by it, but know nothing about them.

Boolit Master

I have one on my .204 - I think it is the best scope on the market for the money. I liked it so much, that every scope I've bought since has been a Vortex.

Boolit Master

I had 2 of the PST first focal plane scopes mounted on 20 MOA bases. I did not care for the fact that the eyebox did not show a round view on lower? magnification. The top was shadowed in the picture and it was just odd for me to look through the scope. These were for target shooting and hunting, but 6x on the low end is a bit too high for me on a hunting rifle.

The tracking was great and the glass was clear. If mounted on a zero MOA base, the issues I had would have been nonexistent. Great scopes for the money.

Boolit Master

I have one on a Rem 700 in .308, like it, enough to get another Vortex, a crossfire II for a yet to be decided on rifle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rem 700 AAC Barrel Rifle.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	185637
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Banned

I'm not a fan of lighted cross hairs.
    but I'm a huge fan of Vortex scopes, I have either been buying them for new rifles or replacing my old scopes with them.
    for the price point they are real hard to beat and their better ones compare with leupold at the same price point.

i have their binoculars for hunting and it kind of sucks to see stuff clearly in the 10 power binoculars but struggle to be able to find it in a 12 power scope.
    that prompted me to start changing to their scopes.

Boolit Grand Master

The Vortex PST 6x24 is an excellent scope. I have helped mount, zero and program 2 of them to 1000 yds on two different rifles. They are well worth the $s.

Larry Gibson

Boolit Master

I just wanted to say that I did not intend my review to be negative, just something for a prospective buyer to be aware of. I still have my 4-16 Vortex Viper PST on my 300 whisper rifle and really like it.

Boolit Master
    I have 2 Vortex both are HST-LR-moa FF. One is a 4-16 and the other is a 6-24. I like everything about them. At the match's I have looked through everything, Nightforce, Zeiss, Burris, Leupold, Sightron111. For the money the Vortex is hard to beat, mine are clear, I like the FFP LR reticle and zero stops. I prefer MOA over Mil, must have taken to much shop class in High School.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one on a .308 Ruger M77 in a custom stock with a match barrel. It shoots 1/2 MOA all day. Everyday.
    I can not know what I don't know.

I went ahead and got the Viper PST 6x24x50 Mil/Mil and put it on my .338 Lapua.
    I am very happy with this optic. Very clear glass. Tracks well, and I've made hits on steel past 1700 yards. Well worth the money. Attachment 189624
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    I'm not a fan of lighted cross hairs.
    but I'm a huge fan of Vortex scopes, I have either been buying them for new rifles or replacing my old scopes with them.
    for the price point they are real hard to beat and their better ones compare with leupold at the same price point.

i have their binoculars for hunting and it kind of sucks to see stuff clearly in the 10 power binoculars but struggle to be able to find it in a 12 power scope.
    that prompted me to start changing to their scopes.
    I have a pair of their 12X50 Binos and Absolutely love em!

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    I went ahead and got the Viper PST 6x24x50 Mil/Mil and put it on my .338 Lapua.
    I am very happy with this optic. Very clear glass. Tracks well, and I've made hits on steel past 1700 yards. Well worth the money. Attachment 189624
    NICE lookin setup!! A friend of mine has one of these, his looks nearly identical to yours. He is driving nails with 300 Grain Nosler Accubonds

Boolit Master

I have the non lighted version. Viper HST Mil/Mil. Excellent scope.

Quote Originally Posted by 54bore View Post
    NICE lookin setup!! A friend of mine has one of these, his looks nearly identical to yours. He is driving nails with 300 Grain Nosler Accubonds
    I am using 300gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets at 2700fps using H1000

Boolit Master

Not a Vortex but Nikon just released a scope that looks to be a direct competitor for this Vortex, I just ordered one. The Black X1000 6x24 50mm with illuminated mrad reticle. It should ship in about 2 weeks. It will be going on my new 22 Nosler upper.

Boolit Man
    Don't leave out the VIP warranty, Vortex take care of their customers. A guy know very well bought a used Viper HS-T, started having tracking problems. So, i wrote an email to the cust service dept for him, had a reply in about 8 hrs. I answered back, mentioned the VIP warr, and the fact that out of 3 of us, we have a total of 7 Viper HST 4x16x44 scopes, all are super scopes. We use them at 1,000 measured yds with great repeatable success. In less than 10 days they sent my friend a brand new replacement Viper HS-T. That's good service, any way you look at it.