Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Two 6 cavity Lee moulds

Two 6 cavity Lee moulds

This video for the new guy Mr. Woodchuck. This is how I run two moulds at a leisurely pace. Its easier to show you than type it out. There are different ways to do this & there are probably better ways but this works for me.

https://www.facebook.com/57537624261...0684761748987/

Boolit Master
    suprized the sprues cut that easy with hard lead and a 6er

Those moulds are hot & stay hot if you keep them rolling. This is however 'bout as slow as I can run them.

Boolit Master
    Great video LHA

Turtlezx - On the 6 bangers, they have a cam style sprue cutter, as long as you ensure the sprue plate is all the way closed, it's quite easy to cut the sprue, even after the lead has cooled significantly. I have even cast pure linotype before to test hardness, it let out a horrible crack as it cut the sprue, but it still did all 6. Never did it again though.

BUT

If for some reason you have not fully closed the sprue plate, the cam action will not work by pulling the handle, if you just pull on said handle, you can snap it off (ask me how i know....) If you get one like this, use a flat head screw driver between the cam and the mould then pull the handle to cut the sprue.

Boolit Buddy

Looking good , what size are they ,
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Nice vid.

Boolit Mold
    LAH,
    Great video explaining your technique. I really appreciate it!

Boolit Master

Nice video. I'm old and broken and sit down while I'm casting. Moving around that much would cripple me quick.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    Nice video. I'm old and broken and sit down while I'm casting. Moving around that much would cripple me quick.
    Bless you Marine & thanks for your service to our Country. The time will come when I won't be able either. I do this standing because it hurts my back & hips if I sit.

Boolit Master
    I sit down and use 3 2 cavity molds in rotation like that ,cast about 300 an hour .224/358/309

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by LAH View Post
    Bless you Marine & thanks for your service to our Country. The time will come when I won't be able either. I do this standing because it hurts my back & hips if I sit.
    Thank you.

I hurt everywhere, all the time. Broke my back in the Marines. Then killed my joints carrying mail on a walking route for 20 years. Sitting hurts less than standing and bending.

I've been trying to do at least 3-4 hours of "work" a day to lose some weight. I've lost 20 lbs in the last six weeks! I can't really work, but I cast, coat and size boolits. Cast and finish fishing lures and jig. Reload. Build an occasional shelf/table/bench out of wood.

I really need to pick up some more boolit molds. I only have two. A six banger Lee 200 gr SWC and a two banger Lee 200 gr RNFP.

I'd like molds in .44, .357, 9mm, 10mm, .308 and .225. That way I could cast for each firearm. I've been pretty satisfied with the Lee molds. I just need to convince SWMBO to part with the money for additional molds. We're paying $12k for dental work for her right now so the extra funds are tight. Can't forget the NOE sizing bushing for each caliber either.

I cast some stuff today for a friend who has a tackle business. Used 40 lbs of lead. He'll replace the lead/hooks and wire I used. I do it to keep busy. Otherwise the chronic pain and depression that goes with it puts me into a pretty dark place.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGrunt View Post
    Thank you.

I hurt everywhere, all the time. Broke my back in the Marines. Then killed my joints carrying mail on a walking route for 20 years. Sitting hurts less than standing and bending.

I've been trying to do at least 3-4 hours of "work" a day to lose some weight. I've lost 20 lbs in the last six weeks! I can't really work, but I cast, coat and size boolits. Cast and finish fishing lures and jig. Reload. Build an occasional shelf/table/bench out of wood.

I really need to pick up some more boolit molds. I only have two. A six banger Lee 200 gr SWC and a two banger Lee 200 gr RNFP.

I'd like molds in .44, .357, 9mm, 10mm, .308 and .225. That way I could cast for each firearm. I've been pretty satisfied with the Lee molds. I just need to convince SWMBO to part with the money for additional molds. We're paying $12k for dental work for her right now so the extra funds are tight. Can't forget the NOE sizing bushing for each caliber either.

I cast some stuff today for a friend who has a tackle business. Used 40 lbs of lead. He'll replace the lead/hooks and wire I used. I do it to keep busy. Otherwise the chronic pain and depression that goes with it puts me into a pretty dark place.
    sorry to hear you're in pain--that chronic pain is hard to deal with. Meds will only go so far

Army let me jump our of perfectly good aircraft a goodly number of times. Got a new knee because of that years later. Other than walking like Chester on Gunsmoke I do OK.
    Walking through Agent Orange did a number on my platoon. The long range effects shortened many of their lives.

I'll be thinking of your during my prayers.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master

Thanks.

I was too young for Vietnam, but have many friends who served there. Sadly I've lost several to AO related illness.
    Semper Fi!

Again thank you guys who served. I was US Army, 1968-71 & never fired a shot in anger. I was 20 when discharged & after some sorting out I began loading & casting in 1973. Been at it ever since.