RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nosler Releases The Brand New 22 Nosler | Fastest .22 Cartridge For The AR-15 Platfor

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    WOOHOO!! Another answer to a question that wasn't asked.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    220 swift ?

Boolit Mold
    Wake me when there's a 24 Nosler.

This case is a whole new design (I think, but I could be wrong). It has a rebated rim to work with .223 bolts but has a 6.8 body to it.... Kinda weird for sure. Not going to lie, variety is the spice of life and I'm tired of people complaining just because it exists and does not answer it a question that wasn't asked. I'm glad we see a lot of variety. Its fun. Dunno if ill ever get into it but cool non the less. Maybe people will be able to convert cases for it.
    Mickey Mouse School of Combat Graduate

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by Cag40Navy View Post
    This case is a whole new design (I think, but I could be wrong). It has a rebated rim to work with .223 bolts but has a 6.8 body to it.... Kinda weird for sure. Not going to lie, variety is the spice of life and I'm tired of people complaining just because it exists and does not answer it a question that wasn't asked. I'm glad we see a lot of variety. Its fun. Dunno if ill ever get into it but cool non the less. Maybe people will be able to convert cases for it.
    Simple solution. Don't read the post.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master

I have an idea, I want to take some roundish shapes and put a stick in the middle and fasten some to a platform of some kind and move stuff around on it. What will I call it?
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Quote Originally Posted by roysha View Post
    Simple solution. Don't read the post.
    Simpler solution. Don't complain.
    Mickey Mouse School of Combat Graduate

Banned
    yawn................

kinda reminds me about the 6.8 spc

Banned

Boolit Master
    I believe it is based off of the 6.8 case. AR Performance has had a 22-6.8 based wildcat for some time now. Numbers are pretty much the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

A fellow can "burn out" a 22-250 barrel using a 5-shot bolt action in a prairie dog town if he isn't careful. Think what you could do to a barrel with 20+ rounds on tap at a time with a 22 Nosler in a AR.
    Last edited by 376Steyr; 01-23-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Boolit Master
    I think the rebated rim is an excellent idea as it doesn't require a bolt with a larger diameter face which weakens AR-15 bolts. As far as the cartridge; I imagine it would make a great varmint round especially for coyotes.
    NRA Endowment member, TSRA Life member, Distinguished Rifleman, Viet Nam Vet

+1 on the rebated rim. Smart. Like a .204 Ruger or .17 Remington AR- no 30 round mag dumps unless you like buying barrels!

Boolit Grand Master
    Cool, another new case to wildcat!!! Maybe something like a 375 bushmaster off this case, like the 450 bushmaster is off the 284 case.

Would work great in those states that require 35 or larger calibers and max. 1.8" case. Would be like a rimless 38-55

Quote Originally Posted by warboar_21 View Post
    I believe it is based off of the 6.8 case. AR Performance has had a 22-6.8 based wildcat for some time now. Numbers are pretty much the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Nosler says the .22 Nosler is not based off of any parent cartridge. It is their design from the ground up.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Nosler says the .22 Nosler is not based off of any parent cartridge. It is their design from the ground up.
    Yeah I read this when I got home. I was thinking they claimed an already produced wildcat as their own.

Boolit Grand Master
    22-250 won't work in an ar15, ar10 yes, but not a '15. Nosler claims it is not based on another case, but lengthen the 6.8 a bit and rebate the rim and you have it. So, yeah, a new case, but not so much where I would consider it a "new" case.

Hmm, as I said earlier, open up the neck to take .375" bullets. Kind of between the 375 supermag and the 375win. Could probably just load with 375 win dies.
    Last edited by rockrat; 01-24-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Banned
    Well, yes it will. The Olympic is an AR15 not a 10. Have a look at the link.

Banned
    Ok, now neck it down to a 20 caliber. 4000 fps with a 40 grain bullet? There you go.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast