Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Load Chamber test

Boolit Bub
    Thank you forrest again for your help. You have help me more then you think. I was able to to shoot my cast + PC without leading and very little streaking from PC in the barrel.

"Un-throated bbl's do extremely well with aligning rn/2r bullets in them. But they are touchy with tc designs. Perhaps you should measure 20 or 30 of your loaded rounds and see how consistent the oal's are. It's not uncommon to see a =/- .005" difference in oals."

is very true. I am able to load them between 1.05 to 1.04 with very good results as you can see with .356 on both pistols.
    I could stay with .358 but i would need to get my barrel chamber
    throated. Maybe when i have more money and without drooling over another gun, i would get the shield throated...i always want another gun. I am planning to shoot my current load and consider it as Long term test" and may improve it in the future.
    I was considering round nose design Lee 356-124-2R, but i didnt see many who reported a good accuracy as the 356-120-TC design.
    I wonder how much it costs to
    throat the barrel in the Shield? vs buying a new Lee mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Javater View Post
    Thank you forrest again for your help. You have help me more then you think. I was able to to shoot my cast + PC without leading and very little streaking from PC in the barrel.

"Un-throated bbl's do extremely well with aligning rn/2r bullets in them. But they are touchy with tc designs. Perhaps you should measure 20 or 30 of your loaded rounds and see how consistent the oal's are. It's not uncommon to see a =/- .005" difference in oals."

is very true. I am able to load them between 1.05 to 1.04 with very good results as you can see with .356 on both pistols.
    I could stay with .358 but i would need to get my barrel chamber
    throated. Maybe when i have more money and without drooling over another gun, i would get the shield throated...i always want another gun. I am planning to shoot my current load and consider it as Long term test" and may improve it in the future.
    I was considering round nose design Lee 356-124-2R, but i didnt see many who reported a good accuracy as the 356-120-TC design.
    I wonder how much it costs to
    throat the barrel in the Shield? vs buying a new Lee mold.
    I have shot over 10,000 rounds of the Lee 356-124-2R, and have been extremely pleased with it, including its accuracy. There are a lot of threads about people having trouble with this boolit, so I guess I got lucky. I'm able to load it to 1.130 OAL @.357 and it functions perfectly through my S&W M&P C.O.R.E 9L and my son's CZ 75 P-01
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12