Load DataLee PrecisionReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are LEE Precision products made??

Boolit Buddy

Where are LEE Precision products made??

I ordered some Lee 6 cavity mold handles on Amazon. The tracking information says the shipment is coming from China. I thought all LEE Precision products were made in the USA, so why is a product made in the USA shipping from China? Seems odd.

Boolit Grand Master

http://leeprecision.com/ But I can't answer your specific question. Why would Amazon sell something in the US that had to be shipped from China? Sounds fishy to me...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Buddy
    yup, it seems fishy to me for a seller to ship and stock a US made product in China and then send it back to north America. The first things to cross my suspicious mind - is it genuine Lee? or does Lee have manufacturing contracts in China?

Boolit Grand Master

I just got a Lee Auto Prime , still in the box. The address on the box is Hartford , WI.
    I looked all over the box, inside and out and on the tool, nowhere is China printed or stamped.
    I am sure if something comes from China it has to be at least marked on the box.
    Going out on a limb and saying Lee products are still made in the USA. Buying stuff from Amazon you really don't know where the company you're actually buying from is located.
    Gary

Boolit Master

Well they're doing it to chickens.
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Banned

One of the few all USA companies. Possibly:
    Redding
    CH4D
    Rest have outsourced. RCBS, Lyman, etc.
    I am sure there are other smaller companies that are USA only

Boolit Buddy
    Are they aftermarket handles or a Actual Lee product???

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie17 View Post
    Are they aftermarket handles or a Actual Lee product???
    I haven't received it yet. The ad says "Lee Precision commercial mold handles".

Boolit Master
    Lee products are proudly made in the USA.
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition

Boolit Buddy
    The shipment is past due, the seller's Amazon storefront is gone, the feedback is 100% negative. The store was new and there was no feedback when I made the purchase, but now there is and "scammer" is mentioned.

I'll wait another day and then file a claim to get my money back from Amazon. Not sure what's really going on but it looks like there isn't going to be any mold handles arriving soon. This has me scratching my head, I don't see how the scam works if that's what it is.
    Last edited by jethunter; 01-25-2017 at 01:04 PM.

My opinion is that two different things are going on. One is algorithm testing. Occasionally you'll see products for rediculously high or low prices. Take a chance or advantage of the low price and the seller disappears.
    The other thing is marketing research. Post a known product at various price levels and see what happens. They get the purchasers name, address, and what ever else Amazon gives them and possibly what the purchasers looked at in addition to their product. Add the data to your growing dossier collection to be sliced and diced and sold to "real" companies.

Boolit Bub
    My only thought on the matter was that they were made somewhere up north still in CONUS. I like their products and grew up using them for most of our handloading needs. Figure I'll pass it on to my little ones when they're old enough.

side note not sure amazon would be willing to stick its customer satisfaction out in the line for some research dollars like that.

Boolit Grand Master

Pay attention to who you're buying from on Amazon. If it's not from Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon I need to really want it to buy it. Amazon has to many third party sellers IMO. There are a lot of direct from China sellers.

Boolit Master

Jethunter,
    In the future I would suggest that you purchase your Lee products from Titan Reloading, one of the forum's sponsors. They sell most if not all the Lee products at a very competitive price and have excellent service as well. I hope you will be able to get you money back.

Ken

Boolit Buddy
    I've gotten two sets of handles off amazon in past couple years. Both shipped from stateside sources.

Boxes looked like all the Lee boxes I've had without in depth examination. Metal pieces of both look identical, wood type and shape is different.

They were either Amazon or fulfilled by.

I bought two of them as well. No package. I guess I'll have to put in a claim with Amazon.

Banned
    Based on the quality that is available in the Lee products I suspect they are made in some sweat shop in India for .08 and hour.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Based on the quality that is available in the Lee products I suspect they are made in some sweat shop in India for .08 and hour.
    Your comment does nothing, concerning the OP question.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by powwowell View Post
    Your comment does nothing, concerning the OP question.
    On nonsensical reply deserves yet another? A tip for you....yours does nothing either. Move on.

Boolit Master
    Titan
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast