Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MyFilestore.com redirect..

Vendor Sponsor

MyFilestore.com redirect..

Each time I log on to CB from a different computer or browser, this site takes over and wants me to either update Flash or install some "update" that is available, they are no doubt a malware site but how can we get them from taking over search results for castboolits forum? If I close the window or open another tab and search again for castboolits forum, it goes right to the forum.

This is what greets me when I search for castboolits forum:

http://myfilestore.com/download.php?id=2b5c7c20
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    If I go to google to find something out and the results are Castbootlits it redirects me to my file store. If I type it in directly in the address bar I come here. I've had no other issues with other websites. If it is a virus it is in the board not my computer.

Super Moderator

Yep. it's some sort of a bug. Don't update flash from the re-direct, or any other links! Many have been bringing up this concern, and admin says they have run diagnostics with no problems found.

Boolit Master

When I get that message I turn my computer off and restart it,some times I have to do it a couple of times to get the malware to go away.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Vendor Sponsor

Well, it's not really malware UNLESS you install their a-hem "update." I can usually close the google search window and re open it, and then it will go to the forum and not the MyFilestore site. I don't think it anything wrong with the forum, how they pirate a search and redirect it to their page is beyond me.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Buddy
    The good idea would be to not download/install any software from any forum, forums don't need any special software.

Edit your Host file

If you're running an Apple device you can go to this website and follow the directions. http://www.wikihow.com/Block-a-Website-in-Safari
    Enter 127.0.0.1 myfilestore.com when appropriate, then follow the remaining directions to save your editing. For Windows users Google how to edit your Hosts file. All the obnoxious websites get added this way, keeps them from loading and redirecting. Hope this helps
    Best regards,
    T Herder
    Last edited by T Herder; 01-18-2017 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Addtions

Banned

I finally had it come up for me. Just like was said. If you do a google search it happens all the time now.

Yep I think it is something that was imbedded in the post. Like some members used myfilestore.com to store pictures for display in a post, then the company went belly up and the malware people jumped on the name when it expired. Now pages with myfilestore.com picture embed links are triggering the malware/update page.

External content from another server and web site. No real trick if you own that web site now to set up web server so that all requests for any picture return a re-direct to bounce you off the forum, to the current myfilestore site. Try Google cached copy (small down triangle next to the title/link) the Google stored copy of the page doesn't do it.

Windows host file is located C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts with no file extension. You can edit with notepad BUT in later version of Windows you will have to open notepad with a right click, select run as administrator. Then from in notepad do the file->open and navigate to the hosts file. Can't save to that file if not doing the edits as administrator. Even if your user is an admin it doesn't matter, you still have to do the run as administrator on the latest versions of Windows. Hosts file trumps everything as far as where things are on the internet, if that file was easy to edit people could drive all your traffic through their server. Collect every place you go if nothing else, maybe steal banking or amazon passwords in a worse case.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    here is what the search on google states
    Search Results

apparently not letting me post the results but it say the site has been hacked

This site may be hacked.
    Cast Boolits. A place for the discussion of our favorite pb projectiles. Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena, The Silver Stream graciously hand
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I get the re-direct every time I go to the site on my I-Pad, not good.

Boolit Bub
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, I haven't had it on the laptop, but get it frequently on my phone, thought I had some malware or something on my phone. Even started putting anti malware apps on it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    When I get that message I turn my computer off and restart it,some times I have to do it a couple of times to get the malware to go away.
    If that's the case it isn't gone.

Quote Originally Posted by kayala View Post
    The good idea would be to not download/install any software from any forum, forums don't need any special software.
    Exactly! I'm An I.T. guy for a large company and tell my users that all the time. Whether printer drivers, Adobe or anything else, never search for updates or accept them from any source but the actual publisher.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Grand Master

A search for "vbulletin Myfilestore redirect" will yield many results. It's a known issue w/ the forum software. If the site administrator has gone through the process to secure the site and it's still happening I would be contacting vBulletin.

Boolit Grand Master
    I guess I just stop coming here
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Grand Master
    This redirect is getting annoying !!!!!!!!!
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    This redirect is getting annoying !!!!!!!!!
    I knew you couldn't stay away!

Banned

it's from fileshare or filestore whatever you call it.
    their site was picked up after they let the domain name drop.

Boolit Buddy
    Mozilla Firefox allows you to keep your bookmarks "in the cloud". Bookmark once and use it from any computer. Full disclosure: I don't use this feature neither do I use google search (I use DDG instead).

Boolit Bub
    Glad I'm not the only one to get this strange redirect. Hasn't stopped me though!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast