WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: Been on a knife buying kick

Banned

Been on a knife buying kick

Have been buying a few knives lately. A few Moras when they had a special on amazon. Bought 3 of the MG HD companions and a Condor Basic in 5". Both in SS and carbon for the Moras. The Condor is carbon as well.

Now this is one that I doubt many will know of. It if a Finnish Puukko. Full tang. They sell out of these VERY fast when they come in. First to go is always the carbon steel ones. I like how the carbon knives sharpen but the SS just for me is a better knife.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...kos-and-leukus

I am still waiting for this to be delivered. It is hung up in customs at JFK. They are supposedly 1-2 weeks behind.

I get on knife kicks from time to time. My flavor of knives run more in the direction of the automatics like microtech. My son has claimed most of my knives so I have to hide these from him. He'll have to wait.

Banned

these are the latest. Varusteleka Terävä

I got the SS and a carbon versions. Both in the 140mm length

I like knives. I have at least half a dozen Mora's, craftline 511's and Companions mostly. I also have the 2 curved blades and the little carver that comes with the set.

I have a couple of Russel Green river blades which I adore, some old Remington butcher knives and Old Hickory's.

My last pair were a step out of the comfort zone for me. I tried a Stainless Steel assisted open by Ganzo (Chinese Knock off) G728 one in black handle one in green. These have 440c steel in them and with just a little bit of work acquire a very very nice edge. Cost me a whole 15$ from Amazon.

I have one of the little thrunite t01 keychain lights hanging off the lanyard hole, runs for 40 hours off a single AAA battery, and a small firesteel on a lanyard.
    That is my EDC. Cut whatever needs cutting, see in the dark and build a fire. The bare essentials. It goes on with my pants and comes off the same way.

I have carried both the Black and the Green, switching as I choose.
    Neither have given me a speck of trouble.

I can reach back, feel the flashlight, grab it, pull, and flick the blade out in a shade under 2 seconds. That is dang handy. It is an easy one hand open/close. Seems rugged, and holds an edge well.

All I have done is strop it once a week for a month. Then once a month after that to just keep it clean, shiny and sharp. You can slice your finger off with this blade dang easy. So I am very careful with it.

Attachment 186581

So if you want a solid knife without paying a half a weeks wages check them out.

Boolit Master
    Recently I discovered the mora companion, I ordered one for me and one for the boss, he's a knive junkie too! I like the carbon steel blade, but next time I think I'll get the SS one. I'm a big fan of the buck 110, there's a pawnshop in town that seem to come up with nice older 110's. I started collecting case pocket knives when I was younger, seem back then nobody was into it, now everybody into it!

I've been on a knife kick myself lately. Just bought an ontario sp10. I like knives of all varieties.

Just got a new Mora Companion Heavy duty in green. It, a firesteel, and a Hand crank LED flashlight/seat belt cutter/window breaker went into the car. Just tools that might come in handy someday.