Inline FabricationLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Hodgdon 8lb label

Boolit Master

Hodgdon 8lb label

I saw a 8lb can of H110 with a label that I was curious about. It's a very simple black and white label, didn't look retail. Very basic, no lot number info or anything. The molded date code on the bottom of the jug indicates 2010. It's full, looks and smells exactly like H110 should, so I have no reason to suspect anything hinky other than the label unlike what I'm used to. Industrial label maybe?

Boolit Master

Looks like a typical surplus powder label but I have no idea if 110 is sold bulk or surplus.....
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    Could have been surplus powder for M1 carbine. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Call or e-mail Hodgdon http://www.hodgdon.com/company/contact-us/

When I have my replies have been from Chris Hodgdon chodgdon@HODGDON.com

Chris will be going to the SHOT Show, if he's not already in Vegas. I'll be talking to him on either Tuesday or Wednesday, since I have some stuff from the early days for him. He may answer after he gets back from the show, after he gets caught up.........

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Grand Master

W/ H110 being as sensitive as it is I would want want confirmation before loading it. There has been surplus available. But I don't remember if it was actual H110 or an equivalent where you were supposed to use H110 data.

The date molded in the jug was when the jug was made. So it's of no consequence.

Moderator Emeritus

That looks like some I have seen before. In the early 90s there were a couple of re-sellers that were buying 55 gallon drums from Hodgdon and repackaging it in 4 and 8 lbs containers. May very well be commercial H110 that was repacked by a retailer.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master

May very well be commercial H110 that was repacked by a retailer.
    I figure it's something like this. What surprised me was the lack of a lot number anywhere on it, but it must have been a sticker that fell off or something. I'm not terribly concerned about it because it was full, sealed, and under a magnifying glass looks identical to the H110 that I already have.

The date molded in the jug was when the jug was made. So it's of no consequence.
    The only significance of the jug date is that it tells me it was packaged (or repacked) no earlier than September of 2010.

Boolit Grand Master
    I believe Wiljen is correct. Although I wouldn't bet a large sum on my memory, I seem to recall seeing similar packages for sale at a gun show in AZ though I think the ones I saw were at an earlier date. IIRC, they were priced about 10% lower than Hodgdon's.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.