WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting out of casting, need help figuring out how to sell my equip.

Boolit Mold

Getting out of casting, need help figuring out how to sell my equip.

Time, family and work have gotten in the way. Also I am loosing my location to continue casting. So as much as it saddens me, I have to unload my set up.
    I have well over a half ton of lead between range scrap and cast ingots, two melting pots (an old saeco and a brand new in box pro melt), burner and pot for making ingots, handles, molds, sizer, thousands of gas checks, lyman lube sizer, star lube sizer and a bucket full of bullet lube sticks. Also have a cart that I had alot of the things set up on. Probably a hell of a lot more that i'm forgetting while typing this up. I need to get a chance to do a complete inventory and take pictures of the equipment. Im asking the forum to suggest if I should sell as one big lot (obviously shipping would be extremely difficult) or break it down item by item?

In Remembrance

Location for a possible Face to Face?Robert

Boolit Mold
    Southeast Pennsylvania

Boolit Buddy

Sounds like a great deal if someone in your area would take it all, Im just getting back int casting Myself, My dad died 27 years ago and after that I helped my mom liquidate my dads stuff , Ilost interest in relaoding and guns after his passing and didnt get back into shooting and reloading until Sandyhook incident , and boy did the bug hit me hard this , thank god I have a wife that likes the same things that I do now or I would have already been divorced again , Good luck in your sale and sorry that your dont have time for your hobby , It will turn around , unless you just need the money , you might just want to store your stuff somewhere if you have that option
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Mold
    Money isnt the issue. Not enough hours in the day to juggle two jobs and family as it is. I know I have an excellent set up for someone who definitely wants to commit to casting. Great hobby for sure and requires alot of discipline. Makes you appreciate each round you make. At this time in my life, i need to move it to someone who can really use it an appreciate it.

Sounds like time is the problem, and it takes time to sell it in piecemeal.
    However, if you sell it in one big lot...you can plan on losing about 1/2 the $ you could have gotten selling it in several small lots.

-Butchman

Boolit Grand Master

At some point you will regret selling it. Store it until you need it.

Boolit Grand Master

Getting out of casting, need help figuring out how to sell my equip.

Shoot me a price and list of everything. I'm in SE PA so a FTF is doable. I'm talking for everything to make it easy.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Put an ad up at your gun club
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I am in CNY so FTF is doable for me as well. I would like to see a complete list, details etc. before I drive down. If your other offers fall out or get sticky, or partials.

pm sent... I live in wilmigton del,
    Peter DiMatteo

Your love of the sport will not go away, your current situation WILL change. Store the minimum you need to start up again and get rid of the rest. At some point in your life you may meet someone who could use the equipment or you could find yourself with time on your hands or you want to mentor someone. Don't make a rash decision just to feel the deck has been cleared and you can move to a new life, it is impossible, you can't do that. That bug bit you tooo hard. Maybe get rid of the press and buy a Lee Loader for each caliber. Maybe get rid of the triple beam scale in favor of a slim digital. Maybe a Lee Perfect Powder will store in a smaller space and is usable for the small amount of loading you'll be doing. I realize I do not know what equipment you have so these suggestions are an attempt at examples to scale way back but not jump out all together. Once you have reduced your inventory after a few years you may decide your decision was right or wrong and you can proceed with knowledge available at that time.

I was a professional industrial photographer then a portrait photographer. I owned soooo much equipment. When my wife and I decided to move to a warmer place we chose the cream of the equipment with an eye toward portability and storage, thinking we most likely were done with photography. We held many, many garage sales and eBay was such a help. We underpriced everything only for those who were just getting started in photography, everybody else paid a higher price. Now 3 years into our "new" location we still have use of that equipment because we are asked what we did before we moved here. That has spawned a few portrait assignments every year and I am so pleased we have good equipment. I still get an itch to photograph scenes and objects even though we closed the studio in 2011

Best wishes, make a decision and stick to it, you'll experience more peace because of it.
    Last edited by bbogue1; 01-14-2017 at 09:40 PM.

I am in No VA and a ftf is possible fo me as well. Please provide a list when available.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    At some point you will regret selling it. Store it until you need it.
    This is my thought was well since it's not a money issue.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Bub
    I'll chip in my two cents for saving it. Before I seriously got back into shooting sports I juggled two jobs before being married and having kids, situation changed great work life balance now and I'm slowly building my casting/reloading set up.

Boolit Master

I too had to take a break from reloading and casting for 15 or so years. Money isnt the issue for you so just store it away somewhere dry and safe. You don't have to feed it and it will be there when the day comes that you have more time...like me. Years from now when you do have time, money will be the issue with cost going up every year. If at that time you want to get the most up-to-date setup, you can always sell your old equipment for a better price.
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

Mine sat for awhile - I vote keep it all.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    ill be in Malvern pa Tuesday and Wednesday for training, if that's close shoot me a pm and ill stop by and probably buy something.

In Remembrance

O.m.g.!!! Keep it!
    Life Member NRA.
    Member: RWVA.http://www.appleseedinfo.org/smf/
    Member: WRSA http://westernrifleshooters.blogspot.com/
    Founder: Guns of the Golden West (Show group).
    Founder: Nosehills Gun Club.
    Founder: IPSC in Alberta.
    Retired from Instructing, and just about everything else!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Another vote here for storing it. You're going to take a bath on a lump sale. I know that piecing it out takes time, but you'd definitely be rewarded for that.
    But..... if any way possible, and you're not in a rush to dump it.... store it in a climate controlled storage for a while and see how you feel about it later.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast