MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Handgun

Stolen Handgun

Last night someone broke into my work truck (right in my driveway) and stole my XDm, along with a lot of tools.

It's a two-tone (Stainless/Black) 9mm, Serial Number MG902019 if y'all wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for it.

Really bummed as this was one my guns that I would have never sold.

I hate thieves.

Boolit Master

Tip it was probably Eric Holder himself.

Now really bummer.

Boolit Master

sucks, but never leave anything you care about in a vehicle. too fast and easy to break in or just steal the whole dang thing.

Boolit Master
    Yep I hate sticky finger idly. Food is one thing but money and or luxury items, price should be high.

Moderator Emeritus

It's amazing how bold thieves have become these days! Right in our yards! And with homes built with better and better insulation, it's impossible to hear what's going on outside, just feet away from us while we watch TV or sleep or whatever. I'm glad I have a young pup that's a really good and very alert "watch dog." All I want is one that'll alert me, and I'll handle it from there. If you don't have one, you might want to consider getting one?

Thieves are the biggest legitimate "insulters" we have. They take the things YOU have worked so long and hard to get, and think they can get away with it.

Hope you reported it to the police as stolen, along with its SN#. There's at least a chance you might get it back with that info in their possession. But they HAVE to have that info.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    sucks, but never leave anything you care about in a vehicle. too fast and easy to break in or just steal the whole dang thing.
    Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post

Hope you reported it to the police as stolen, along with its SN#. There's at least a chance you might get it back with that info in their possession. But they HAVE to have that info.
    Yes, sir. Called them first thing.

Did they get any prints? Did they say if there were similar operations in the same area?

I assume it went with loaded magazine(s) - holster or carry case?

What kind of tooling did they get - might be easier to track a specialty tool down.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    A few years ago I had an outboard motor stolen off my boat sitting in my driveway. Commented to the investigating officer that I couldn't believe someone would risk their lives for a worn out motor... He replied that they probably didn't realize their potential exposure here but, 3 nights prior, someone had stolen the battery out of his patrol unit parked in front of his house. That's what we're dealing with...

Boolit Master

I have had guns stolen from my house, bicycles from in the yard, tools form in my garage, and an irreplaceable hunting knife my dad gave me from inside my vehicle. I swear, if I ever catch someone stealing my stuff they are going to catch it for all the ones that got away.

Boolit Master
    Things like this Almost tempt me into the idea of leaving the guns loaded with ammo that has a complete case full of Titewad or some other really fast powder. Just a notion as it would be too dangerous for me and others and probably grounds for punishment if discovered as a boobie trap or something. I wouldn't shed a tear for the scumbag that steals it and it grenades in his hand.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Keep a good lookout on the pawn shops in your area for your tools. Not likely going to pawn the gun, but find the tools and figure out who had them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moleman- View Post
    Keep a good lookout on the pawn shops in your area for your tools. Not likely going to pawn the gun, but find the tools and figure out who had them.
    TRUE and you might as well face facts that you need to do some leg work because the POLICE likely will not.

Boolit Master
    Fella' set his spray painter up on the front porch of a house he was working on. Went to the back of the house to get ready to spray and when he started he got no paint out. Went to the front porch to check his set up and the pump was gone.

Boolit Master
    I worked in a gun shop in the early 90's, we took in a Colt 1911 on trade. Later ran the #'s, and it came back stolen in AZ in 1967. I know you would like yours back sooner than that, but it did happen

Boolit Master

Is there a database of serial numbers of stolen firearms that we can check when purchasing or trading for a used gun?

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

They found mine that was stolen but I didn't get it back. Pawnshop was allowed to keep it. To me , that ain't right. Has also happened with stolen jewelry, this was Florida , Georgia. I feel the shop takes the risk, if I bought stolen goods , they would take it in a second.

Sorry for the mini rant.

Boolit Master
    will your insurance cover it ??

homeowners or auto ??

above FLATLINE pawn shop can keep stolen items ?????? REALLY
    IF THATS THE CASE WE SHOULD ALL BE ABLE TO BY STOLE GUNS AND KEEP THEM

Things are so bad around here, they break into homes and tear out the copper water lines to
    sell for junk. If they are polite crooks, they turn off the main, most don't.

Boolit Master

Check here Jim:
    http://www.hotgunz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SciFiJim View Post
    Is there a database of serial numbers of stolen firearms that we can check when purchasing or trading for a used gun?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sparky45 View Post
    Check here Jim:
    http://www.hotgunz.com/
    I run any firearm on this site before making a purchase from a private party. If they won't let me, I'll just walk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast