Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scored a nice smith today

Banned

scored a nice smith today

went to the gunshop to just look and they had a used 2.5 inch 66 smith there. It was like new. Don't know why I even picked it up because I thought it would have a HIGH price tag on it but it was marked 350 bucks. Even as broke as I am after Christmas I couldn't let that one slip by. Real nice gun. Hammer mounted firing pin and not even a scratch on it YET!

That was a great price. (at least in this area) There's something about S&W that I can't resist, if I see one I have to look at it. That will be a nice addition for you.

Boolit Master

One followed me home a few weeks ago but about $200 more than your awesome deal. Congratulations on your find the 66 in a 4" is my favorite revolver.
    Jeepyj
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Bub
    That was a real good price Lloyd, I wouldn't have passed either. I don't see anymore S&W 66's around here any more and if you do five plus. WTG
    "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper

Banned
    Good buy Lloyd. You can never have enough good S&W

Boolit Master

S&W 66 snub

Hi Lloyd you got a nice S&W 66 How dose it shoot and where's the pictures???

Boolit Buddy

That was a a good buy , I picked up a smith Mod 28-2 a couple weeks ago in mint condition with target grips for 6 out the door , dont know if that was a good deal or not but I have been wanting on in a 6 in barrel for a while , my LGS owner and I have become perty tight and all I have to do is tell him what I want and he will git it for me. Alot of the trade ins he get he wouldn't normally trade for but if he knows I want it he will take the trade
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

We have one and that little sucker is a shooter. A short barrel with adjustable sights can surprise you with its accuracy.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Grand Master

That's a heck of a deal. Nice snag.

Boolit Master
    Great deal Lloyd, I have a 2-1/2" 19 I like a lot. A similar 66 would be a very welcome addition. Especially for $350

Moderator Emeritus

I've had a 2.5" Model 66 since about 1979, and it will never leave my safe until I'm no longer a part of this world. The best shot I ever made with it was a coyote at 85 long paces, through the heart and lungs. He just dropped right where he stood. They're great guns, and if you can find it's older brother, a 2.5" Model 19, they'll both be happy.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master

Nce score. Been looking at those for awhile.

I have around 40 S&Ws, all the ones I keep are 5" or longer, adj sight models. But a 66 for $350
    is a killer deal. In Ohio 5" is minimum legal to hunt with, so I only end up with 4" and shorter on
    trades. Always willing to trade short barrel guns for same model in longer barrel. Actually the
    shorter barrel guns are in higher demand, because of CCW market.

You done real good. The same gun would be $600+ here. I mean this with affection- you lucky skunk! Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

Very nice. I bought a nice used 4" 66 about five years ago for the exact same price at a local gun shop. I bought it quick for that price and have been very happy with it. It just seems to be about the ideal size and proportion for what it is.

Boolit Master
    Nice!

Boolit Buddy
    Great score! Congratulations !

Boolit Master

Great gun, great price, CONGRATS!
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Banned

cant get you any pictures because I put 200 bucks down on it to hold it and wont get it till the end of the month. Shooting it probably wont happen till spring. My range is snowed in right now and I'm not walking a 1/4 mile through the snow. used to keep it open all winter but found as I got old it was harder and harder to drag myself over there and I ended up spending much more time plowing then I did shooting.

Boolit Master

I already have a 2.5 & 4.0 " 66s as well as L & N frame 357s and I would of bought it at that price !