MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What are your 22lr Price Predictions?

Boolit Master

I never thought I'd ever buy .22lr ammo for less than 2 cents each, but I pretty much have a long term supply now. I picked up 8,000 rounds of the Federal "Black Pack" ammo on a black Friday special. I already submitted the online rebate, comes to about 94 cents per 50 round box, after rebate. That's about the cheapest I ever remember paying when I started shooting back in the 80's, and 94 cents was a lot more money back then.

Not that I worry much about the cost of 22 ammo. I really don't shoot in enough quantity for it to matter much. 8k rounds will probably last me at least a decade or two, depending on how much my kids are interested in shooting.

Boolit Master
    Last Monday I saw Rem Thunderbolts for $19.95 / 500, I think CCI SD was $30.
    Now if Center X was cheaper ................
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

Boolit Buddy
    Just resurrecting this old thread amidst the new craziness. Who’s now longing for the prices were complaining about in this thread?
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Thet still are 4-5 cents a round at Walmart. When they are in stock. I got some 22 wmr there last week or 2. For 12.00 bucks. Same price as always.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

I loaded up with 10K-12K rounds when they were hovering around 3¢ to 3.5¢ per round. Then the pandemic hit and I still have almost all of it. Right now I'm sitting on mucho powder and primers. Have about 700 rounds of 9mm loaded for the grandsons and starting on both 9mm, .40 & .45 for myself and sons.

I haven't checked purchased PC bullets except for the local guy that operates just down the road from me. Loading for sons and grandsons is easier when using the Black Bullets. Is anyone else using them. I have nothing to compare with but would like to know how his quality compares.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Wal-Mart had Winchester 555 boxes for $23.97 two weeks ago. I figure the new normal will be somewhere around 5¢ a round for cheaper stuff.

Moderator Emeritus

Had to stop in my Walmart the other day. There were maybe four long guns. Zero ammo. Bunch of knives in counter. Reloading area had 3 or 4 rcbs dies, beam scale looked like, and a couple of misc pieces. Been like that for awhile now.

Quote Originally Posted by thekidd76 View Post
    Just resurrecting this old thread amidst the new craziness. Who’s now longing for the prices were complaining about in this thread?
    I'm not longing for those prices because I don't need to buy any.

My Walmart hasn't had any ammo since about April 2020. The gun case has one Mossberg in it. They have never had reloading supplies and most don't. The Atwood's here hasn't had any ammo in so long they reconfigured the shelving and put other items out instead.

Like the credit card commercial goes here in Central NYS.....PRICELESS !!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Had to stop in my Walmart the other day. There were maybe four long guns. Zero ammo. Bunch of knives in counter. Reloading area had 3 or 4 rcbs dies, beam scale looked like, and a couple of misc pieces. Been like that for awhile now.
    My Walmart was my main supply of Hornady XTP bullets, CCI primers, Unique and Titegroup powders, RCBS supplies, etc.

They have gotten rid of ALL reloading supplies over the past year, despite being one of two places for 50 miles to buy supplies in a very gun-rich environment. They are purposefully harming gun owners for political reasons.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Master
    Unless there are more new Bidumb laws (EOs) I think new prices on bulk 22lr will be around 6 cents per round possibly 5 cents on special sales.

Boolit Master
    Fifteen cents a round.

Boolit Buddy
    I can VERY occasionally find walmart having .22LR or .22WMR at standard retail prices (5 to 9 cents per round) - up until mid january that was a couple hundred rounds a week. since mid january it has been 3 boxes of 50. Scheels occsinonally has some CCI in, and it's running right at $10/50. I've seen people pay 20cpr at gun shows, recently (SAR and a northern AZ show) . I've seen it sell on GB for 30cpr. (not match grade)

I predict that *IF* none of it gets to store shelves and into the hands of people buying 100, 500, or 1000 at a time within.... 4 or 5 more months, 30cpr will be an average quality ammo, retail, cash price. (still lower at larger "buy it if you see it" big box stores, but if you want to go buy it, not drive around for 6 hours a week hunting for it, 30cpr.)

I predict that if things keep going the way they are in this country socially - not in terms of laws and EOs - the price will come down to 12-15cpr for federal blue box, maybe a few pennies less for winchester "tigerclawboombuster" or whatever they label the worst inconsistent ammo next week

If the legal situation is another round of "all talk, no action" becuase no one wants to lose an election? in a year or two 10cpr for federal blue box, 12-15cpr for the more inconsistent (but higher priced) CCI, and 17cpr for "mini-mag" (best marketing profit ever, cci!)
    --
    Shoot more!

Boolit Buddy
    As worthless as congress is, I doubt they'll touch off an inevitable civil situation, should they try to touch guns or ammo in the manner that Joe is asking them to. We've survived these before. I am guessing we will return to normal prices in the 5 cent per round range in the next year or two, when the left loses the house.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't think it's going to go down to previous prices. I really think the 3 year price ..... it's gong to be 10% to 20% up on .22 - one thing I do expect the left to pull off is restrictive industry regulations that will drive plant closures and increased costs. And I think it will take 3 years minimum to get back down to whatever the new normal is. lots more people are learning, and stockpiling 10,000 (30 range trips with kids) rounds of .22 doesn't sound stupid to "regular people" anymore.
    --
    Shoot more!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456