Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your 22lr Price Predictions?

I won't pay more than 5 cents a round. I'd rather load 9mm or 40 first.

Boolit Master
    I was buying like crazy before Obama. I have ammo cans stuffed with bricks of 22 I bought at under $10.00. The future? I'll bet around $25.00.

Prices will drop. Not sure where they will bottom out, but Cabelas has already sent out an email indicating there's no longer any limits on 22. They've not reduced the prices, but this tells me they are trying to move inventory first by keeping the price steady. Once people get their no-limit fill, the next thing they'll have to do to keep inventory moving will be to reduce prices. It's inevitable. Sell as much as you can at the current prices then reduce prices. Now I could be wrong, and there's an unlimited number of people out there that will pay current prices for every box on the shelf! We'll see.

I look for prices to come down. Maybe not to $10.00/brick like in the good old days, but substanially. You can see prices starting to waver and buying limits being removed now, and I think it will just get better as time goes on. Most folks have a pretty good supply now, due to panic buying, and that will create less of a demand.

Way I see it, anyway.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Yesterday, finally, I walked into Bi-Mart and they had .22 ammo on the shelf. There were no bricks. I saw 3 brands that I did not recognize that appeared to be 50 rd. boxes and they were priced in the $7-$8 range. I just ignored them because there were perhaps 10 boxes of Winchester Super-X at $7.48 per box and they were the long plastic 100 round boxes. I asked the girl behind the counter if I could have 3 boxes and she said, "No, but you may have two." That's the most .22 ammo I've been able to buy there in 4 years. So, doing the math, that's 7.48 cents per round X 500 = $37.40 a brick. Much, much too high, but at the time it seemed more palatable at the per box price. The same girl said that the supply is still iffy, but improving. If you pour enough water into a bucket with a hole in the bottom eventually it will fill up and overflow, so apparently the hoarders that feel secure with one million rounds per family member are finally being satisfied and letting some slip away for normal folks. I'm guessing it will eventually become commonly available again and the brick price will settle at about $25, plus or minus a little for brand and bullet type.

Last week I was in one sport store that I get some reloading supply and all. I talk with the manger of the hunting area about all he think that for how it is going that it will take about 2 years to get close to normal. Also the ones that was buying for the need to buy are not anymore. it is just the want now that is with guns and ammo.it is a big differents now he said. he did say that the 22 might get down to about $25 or lower. But that is the cheap ammo. But there is not much of that out there yet.So time will tell after the times gose. Also we have alot of new gun owners out there now.Thanks to Zero.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master
    Target sports has Federal automatch for $19.90/325 if you buy a case. Free shipping. Just a little over $0.06/round

Boolit Master
    Upward prices over here always

At 6 cents a round why not shoot 38 special? Or 9mm? Heck if you want to save on lead and are just plinking a 105 gr. mold + little smidge of Titegroup/Bullseye + primer and you are probably out less than the 6 cents a round.

Price will drop a bit I think, $5 per hundred seems about what I would expect. With maybe the occasional deal on bricks to bring it just under that. I think the folks that suggest retailers are just sucking the last little drops of profit out of the panic of 2013 are correct. Price and demand will hit an equilibrium as more people just walk buy it. Which in the local big box store price of $5.99 is exactly what I do, wonder past humming walk on by...

I get that ammo is more in Europe, what is it in Mexico?
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Demand is high, as long as it is the price will stay where it is or raise to meet it.

Accept what is, IS.

Ok?

So you maybe could have planned better. That is how you learn.
    The glory days of cheap .22lr ammo are gone. But I think now is a good time to build a stash if you can afford to.

Dreaming about the glory days, or being angry and frustrated at those who have learned how to work the system accomplishes nothing.

The reality is .22lr is readily available at 7 cents a round. Once in a while you may find some for sale cheaper. Usually off brands, new brands, or stuff that frankly I'd rather not gum up my guns with.

Yes I admit I am fussy, and yes I admit I no longer trust Remington ammo like I used to.
    I was a real remington fan boy. Well they burned that bridge not me, good luck getting me back across it.

My Ruger 10/22 is retired. Have not put 50 rounds through it in the last 3 years.

Last night I loaded 50 .444 marlin rounds. 210 grain cast bullet at about 3 cents ea for lead.

The brass I bought as a long term investment. With care it lasts a long long time. 50 of them happened to be primed and ready to go. So with a small charge of pistol powder I can shoot them for about 5 cents each.

WAY WAY WAY more bang for the buck. You shoot something with that, or the .357 or the 9mm or the .300BO you KNOW it has been shot.

There are so many alternatives nowdays.

So you have a choice, go do something, or sit and cry in your beer.

Me I'll load inexpensive lower speed centerfire with Red Dot or similar powders and go have some fun. I'll also shoot air rifle in .22 a lot more at 1.8 cents a shot. Just about a toss up for accuracy. A little less power and longer ranges but certainly effective inside of 50 and for most things inside of 75 yards.

$16.50 / 550 round bulk pack this is the price at the peak commodity prices, (Copper, Zinc, Steel, fuel) that is if demand is lower and companies are not paying overtime wages to meet production requirements.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by MarkP View Post
    $16.50 / 550 round bulk pack this is the price at the peak commodity prices, (Copper, Zinc, Steel, fuel) that is if demand is lower and companies are not paying overtime wages to meet production requirements.
    They weren't this price before they sky rocketed. $20 was the norm for the bulk packs. If they get back to that I will start buying cases again.

Boolit Master

Around here $15 or $16 per brick was fairly normal before things went nuts. Maybe it was more elsewhere, I can't say.

As to loading pistol rounds for the same price, that's all well and good if you have more time than money. With a houseful of kids I don't have a lot of either right now. When my kids go to the range with me we always take a .22 or two, and a nickel a round is still cheap compared to hours spent casting and loading for anything else.

It does grate a little, considering that just a few years ago I was buying surplus 8mm Mauser ammo for a nickel per round delivered from Century Arms. I miss those days.

On an island in a lake in a rainforest of liberals
    At $30/brick, adjusted for inflation, it is back to pre obama prices
    http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22lr

But if it is CCI CB short for back yard pest control you want
    http://ammoseek.com/ammo/22-short
    not so good

Boolit Master

We either have different memories about what "pre-obama" prices were, or there are some pretty extreme regional variations.

Boolit Master

About a year or so prior to the great 22 shortage I got a case of CCI Blaser Bulk 525 packs From Palmetto that came out to $16.50/500 delivered to my door. I shoot very little .22 rimfire any more
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

a year ago, i was very fortunate, i stumbled upon ( limit 3 ) 550 remington bulk ( whatever type ) 22 lrs. for 21.77 a box

i walked into walmart to buy food/fishing stuff for a boating trip and walked away with 22lrs lol
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Not bad....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psa.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	188980

Palmetto State Armory

Boolit Grand Master

That's $10 more than they used to be. Blazers were always priced below Remington's Goldenturds.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    That's $10 more than they used to be. Blazers were always priced below Remington's Goldenturds.
    It sure is. They were $20.00 the last time I bought em. Free shipping and no tax makes it a decent deal though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast