WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your 22lr Price Predictions?

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    What is this 22lr you are referring too?
    A very rare and precious ammunition, made from unicorn sneezes and beer farts of leprechauns. As such not easily reloaded holding some shooters hostage to scalper prices or sending fun firearms into a frozen space time continuum known as the lands of the safe queen.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    A very rare and precious ammunition, made from unicorn sneezes and beer farts of leprechauns. As such not easily reloaded holding some shooters hostage to scalper prices or sending fun firearms into a frozen space time continuum known as the lands of the safe queen.
    Well I am not far from Notre Dame should I go catch that Leprechaun? Its the Unicorn I might have trouble with, would a My Little Pony Unicorn suffice?

Boolit Buddy

Prices wont drop, we get 22 ammo here all the time still sell like hot cakes, , if you want to taken to the cleaners , go to gun broker and buy it from the hoarders
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Grand Master
    Our Wal-mart got some in. Luckily, someone missed the 1000 rnd brick at the back of the locked cabinet(was kind of hidden). Was $50.47+tax. First 22's I have seen at our Wal-mart in over two years

In Remembrance

Local Wallyworld has had 22lr on the shelf 3 of the last 4 times I was there. Bought some each time. LGS had CCI blazer for 22.99/500. Didn't have much money to spare at the time but I got 2 bricks. Don't shoot it very often anymore but am getting ready to start some of the local kids shooting this spring health premitting. I see a LOT of 22lr in this area.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Mold
    I don't know how old it was but I found a box of 50 with A $.89 price sticker and they still worked decent group

Banned
    My prediction, based on nothing:

$.02 per round by this fall. Inventory is stacking up.

If I am wrong I will give you your money back.

Steve in N CA

Perma-Banned

Unless it goes down...a lot...I will probably never buy another round. We used to buy ridiculous amounts of bricks. I have not seen a brick in over 3yrs...and would do me no good to see one...as I will not pay $25 for a brick of .22. And, I most certainly won't pay the price for the more premium ammo....y'all can have my share.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    Unless it goes down...a lot...I will probably never buy another round. We used to buy ridiculous amounts of bricks. I have not seen a brick in over 3yrs...and would do me no good to see one...as I will not pay $25 for a brick of .22. And, I most certainly won't pay the price for the more premium ammo....y'all can have my share.
    I agree!!! I bought an air rifle

7 cents ea is the new low. Come fall demand will force price up again.

I just invested in a new air rifle at 4,000 .22 pellets at 1.89 cents ea.

Rifle is a Hatsan 135 QE Vortex that shoots 11.9 grain pellets at 1050 fps average. I am guessing but I think that will put my 14.3 Crossman Premier Hollow Points in the mid 800's to 900 fps with a foot pounds of energy at muzzle around 23-25.

Cheap shooting, and if required I can shoot .22 round balls made with sharpshooter mold. Not quite as accurate but it would allow me to put meat in the pot as long as I have lead.

Perma-Banned
    I predict it will stay sky-high in my area unless & until the gougers who line up at Wally-World to meet the truck & scarf it all up get tired of haulin' it around to the gunshows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post

me too!!!!

i'm only using my 6.5mm and .204 caliber is a nosler. and as soon as my 20 vartarg shoots them, then its midsouth's 34gr hp.

Around here, 22's are available most of the time. It seems to rotate as to what is available. Most stores do not have a purchase limit now, or have a 500 round limit.

Around here, i've seen or purchased of recent,
    Aguila HV x 50 for 4.99
    CCI minimags x 100 for 9.99
    Winchester competitor to mini mags x100 for 9.99
    Winchester M22x500 for 30.00
    Bricks of CCI blazer for 30.00
    Remington thunderbolt bricks for 30.00
    remington golden bullets bucket x1400 for 80.00
    federal automatch x300 for 20.00
    american eaglex50 for 2.50

For my rifles, the only thing I can compare is a loaded down 223. Primer, powder, and gas check run over 6 cent per round. I can get 22lr for around that or a penny more.
    The 22lr shoot better for me and I don't have to load them.
    There seem to be plenty of 22lr in this area except for the Wal Mart stores. Everybody else has them.

Tazman I agree, for rifle I have several options including centerfire .223 .300bo, .357 mag, and 9mm. No gas checks needed, in that 6-8 cent area.

For pistol I still shoot some, wife still shoots some. So once or twice a year we order a couple thousand online. I have been getting my Federal Champion automatch from Bud's gun shop at 7 cents each. 325 per box, 6 boxes is just a hair under 2k rounds, shipping was 23$ spread over those 6 boxes and a couple of other items.

Higher than I like but not so high that I won't buy them. I'd rather have too many than not enough. I do not see prices going down anytime soon.

A few months ago, one of the "farm" store chains in this area had a sale on Winchester M22 ammunition at right at $60 per thousand rounds. Some of the stores had 1 k limits, others had 2 k limits. I had to make a run to visit my daughter that passed 4 of those stores, so I stopped at every one of them on the way. I ended up with 7 thousand rounds that day.
    It isn't the best ammunition, but it is far from the worst. Makes great practice rounds in the rifles and works well in the pistols.

Boolit Master

I shopped 2 LGS. I noticed they both had a good supply 22LR. Federal SV and HV target was 4.99 per 50. CCI SV was $39.99 per brick. They had about 10 bricks on the shelf. No signs that ammo was restricted. They also had a supply of the top dollar Eley, SL and Wolf.

Fort Worth Texas Academy has CCI mini mag $7/100. Aguila $4/50. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

FINALLY found some 22's at a local Walmart; Winchester 555 pack and I got the last one. $27.95, so just over $30 for the box.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast