Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your 22lr Price Predictions?

Boolit Buddy

LGS's aroung here have all the 22 ammo you want even 22 Mag seams to have leaveled off here, prices are a tad lowed than 2 years ago, one store even bought 10k round from one of the local horders aroung here for 275 bux guess he speculated a little wrong , as did I by hording AR's but they dont eat anything and we will have another scare one day then I will cash out.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master
    Since the great panic of 2013, I have only fired 8 .22s. 2 dead woodchucks and 1 cyl of a Rev I inherited. I have not bought any since problem 2009ish. I refuse to pay that much money for a one time cheaply made product that especially for big green has poor quality control.if they go under 15 a brick I'll buy some but I forsee them only going to 20 or 25 a brick. People have become accustomed to over paying and will think that's a fair price.

Boolit Master
    Gun store I was in had these for $22 each 325 box. Lots in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockrat View Post
    Target sports has Federal automatch for $19.90/325 if you buy a case. Free shipping. Just a little over $0.06/round

Boolit Master
    It is improving quite a bit for .22 LR's in the stores. Every store I visited has it in stock. Even some in the local Walmart too. Academy used to keep the .22 ammo behind the counter and now it is out in front at the end of a aisle too. Some stores even had .22 WMR ammo out on the shelves in limited amounts.

But as for the prices, I doubt the prices will ever go back to the old days prices. The cost of materials and new taxes will preclude that. But maybe the prices will be better and lower than the previous exorbitant rates that were being charged during the shortages.

Perma-Banned
    paying 5 cents/round for high speed in 5000 lots.

the internet is your friend

https://www.ammograb.com/22-lr/

Boolit Master
    I will pay up to $40 per brick of 500 for CCI SV, Mini Mags, or Blazers. In fact, anytime I see any for up to that price I grab a brick or two.
    East Tennessee

Boolit Master

Bass Pro Manchester NH son bought 500 rnd box Rem Thunderbolts for $29.99 last thursday

Boolit Grand Master

WIth the new manufacturers and increased production implemented during the runs or scares. Once these die down and supply is satisfied we may see cheaper 22 ammo than before. My question is what will the quality be/ Cheap ammo isn't worth a dang if its not reliable and accurate

I was in the Walmart that I show up once in awhile had 22lr for a change.Rems brick 525 about $29+ in change a box and CCI 50 count box $3+ change.I did not need any did not get any. But that was the first I seen some in there.Still to high cost to me.I did see the Cabelas have drop there price some .But not far enough. I had talk with the ammo guy there he told me that they are over stock with ammo and have no place to put it. SO hope they will drop the price or they will eat it.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

At the last Atlanta gun show, all ammo and guns were priced as if nothing had changed. There were fewer vendors though. I suspect the next gun show will be much different. Hoping they all learned their lesson this time. I didn't buy anything and it appeared i wasn't alone. 22 prices will drop right along side everything else. Just going to take a little more time.

Boolit Mold
    My local Meijer made the mistake of setting 6 bricks of those 50 rd CI boxes on the shelf marked $5.99 last summer. They honored the price for the three of us buying 2 each. Can't beat 1.2 cents per.

Boolit Grand Master
    Sigh, I envy you folks back east that are finding good deals on 22s. Here they run .08 to .10 a piece, for run-of-the-mill plinkers. Target ammo runs 20-30 cents each, but you don't have to worry, it's never in stock anyway...
    I still have a few thousand left from 2010 purchases, but the day will come when the well runs dry, unless I make a road trip with a pocket full of hundreds.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrra View Post
    LGS's aroung here have all the 22 ammo you want even 22 Mag seams to have leaveled off here, prices are a tad lowed than 2 years ago, one store even bought 10k round from one of the local horders aroung here for 275 bux guess he speculated a little wrong , as did I by hording AR's but they dont eat anything and we will have another scare one day then I will cash out.
    I just don't see how another AR shortage is even possible in the next 30-40 years. I know people who have stock piled 30-40 lowers. Plus AR's can be bought today for $500-600

my local Cabela's store is full of 22LR at 'reasonable' prices. My personal cost targets are 8-10 cents for "quality" ammo such as CCI SV and mini-mags, fed powershock, and aguila 38 max, and 5-6 cents for bulk ammo like Automatch, Fed packs of 36 CPHP, and Winchester. So far I have been able to buy all I want for the last couple of years by waiting for sales and free shipping, and the occasional Walmart score.

I lowered my Wikiarms price alerts when I started getting 25+ emails a day at 8 cents each, then I knew the great price gouge/panic days were truly over. I slowed my rimfire shooting during 2013 by a bit, but I have 2 teen boys with hungry semi-autos, so when we do a range day we probably burn at least a brick at a time. Been going thru the cheap stuff first when I bought Fed lightning 511b bricks for $15 sometime around 2012. The last ones I saw were closer to $40 last week since they have now put 510bs in "powershock" category.

I ain't skeered though, I'm still buying rimfire guns at a 1:1 ratio with centerfire. There's always the reloading kits *snicker* from http://22lrreloader.com/
    Last edited by ikarus1; 03-24-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Caster View Post
    I just don't see how another AR shortage is even possible in the next 30-40 years. I know people who have stock piled 30-40 lowers. Plus AR's can be bought today for $500-600
    They can be built quite a bit cheaper at a higher quality level. PSA has had some CHF FN barreled 18" middy uppers with FF handguard complete for $400. Would make a heck of a DMR

Ammo is pretty much an international commodity. In Germany prices for 50 rounds boxed rimfire ammo increased from €2.00 to €3.30/4.00 (depending on quantity breaks) in the last ten years. CCI manufactured Top Shot .22 l.r. ammo is readily available. That includes import duty and 19%VAT, so go figure.
    20 years ago ammo in the U.S. was considerably cheaper.

Boolit Master
    I'm still waiting for availability as well as price , I miss getting new shooters behind a 22 with a few pop cans laying around .

Boolit Master
    I bought a case of CCI standard vel right before the drama. I have shot it sparingly since (dammit, I love my 22's).
    I can load 9mm and 45acp/Colt for around 6-8 cents a shot. I have a 22 Hornet that loads cheaper.
    I'll pay $30 maybe $35 bux for a brick of CCI (not happening in Ohio yet).
    With the supposed increase in production the factories put in, I forsee 22's going down in price, I just hope it's soon.
    Cogno, Ergo, Boom

If you're gonna be stupid, don't pull up short. Saddle up and ride it all the way in.

For the price of them now I would not buy them too high price still.I got enough anyways for trapping and what ever to last me for some time.I got them before this whole thing broke out also have some that my dad and I got back in the late 70's and 80's.I still use them.I will wait for the price to drop before I get anymore.I have my reloads that I can make it to use a light loads and will not cost as much to shoot also.Thanks to this site that I learn to do that for light loads.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I can remember prices well under $0.02 per round for cheap plinking ammo in the not-too-distant past, but I don't expect to ever see that again. I'll buy a LOT of ammo is prices ever get below $0.04 again. I doubt that I'm alone there, and, because of that, prices will probably never drop much below that again. Likewise, if mini-mags and good target ammo get down near $0.06 per round, I'll buy a lot of them, too.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast