Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Careful when you go to SW site!

Every thing on the Internet is true. Let me tell you about meeting Helen Mirren and Halle Berry in a hotel bar....

Boolit Man
    I know a Neurologist that asked a simple question and was made to look like an idiot!
    Here is a man that didn't even get out of schools until mid 30's and was treated like a dunce.
    Everyone with knowledge just remember that with knowledge comes a responsibility to use it wisely.
    You may know more about shotguns but when you get brain cancer you need the knowledge of a person with way more experience in that field.
    All excel in something.

Boolit Master
    A big part of the internet arrogance is the fact its real easy to talk alot of scat hiding behind a computer somewhere. People tend to be a bit more civil in person where you can easily knock out a few of their teeth. Seen way to many just be complete jerks, knowing there aint nothing you can do about it. I learned long ago in the marines, theres always gonna be somebody better than me, maybe they can shoot better, run faster or longer. So you can get over it and move on, or spend a lifetime trying to compensate for it. Unfortunately many spend alot of time trying to compensate.

Boolit Buddy
    Eastern Boulder Cnty,CO. Can be found shooting at GMSC. Erie
    Thanks for all the responses. The question asked (by a dunce like me that has been casting, reloading and shooting for over 35 years) was:
    which Lee bushing could maybe drop close to a 3/4Oz?
    Since I am somewhat smart and was given a good idea to line with tape the 7/8Oz or 1 0Z bushings, I went into the garage looking for duct tape. What I found was an errant 28 gauge hull and cut a length to fit the 7/8Oz bushing; this was a very tight fit so I slit the hull, cut a small piece and I got measured drops of #7.5 shot that averaged 322 grains.
    I am not board bashing, calling anybody dumb or in general being disrespectful. I have learned a ton of information from other people's posts here and on other forums.
    I just came here to my internet forum HOME; too vent, express an opinion or whine if you want to call it that.
    Oh! I also get the feeing that some persons inhabit both forums
    Muchas Gracias por escucharme!
    When I sit down to look at my rifles in the safe.....
    I can very consistently shoot one inch groups at 100 yards.
    When I sit on the bench at the shooting range.....
    I always wish I was sitting down looking at my rifles in the safe.

Boolit Man
    armexman you asked a simple question but the answer is that it can become confusing on bushings.
    Some powders meter real easy and some don't do very well so I use a bushing and and weigh the pour 4 or 5 times to get an overall weight and go bigger if necessary or smaller to get the right drop.If you are bumping max loads then be more careful on powder weight.
    Your not a basher and the folks here are very respectable and with a wealth of knowledge.
    Some sites get very abrasive with replies but I don't get that here.This is a great site and folks here will go the extra mile to help you.

Boolit Man
    Tackleberry41 that's the reason I only go to this site.
    I have been a member on a different forum for many many years and was verbally attacked on that site and I reloaded handgun and rifle ammo since 1971 so I'm no rookie!
    If that person was looking at me face to face I doubt he would have ever talked the way he did.
    I have only been here for a short while but have found more knowledge and humble people that will help a new boolit caster/reloader.
    This is home for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Again everyone.
    One small point to make which nobody can see: I am trying to get 328 grains of SHOT, which is 3/4 of an Ounce.
    I was kicked around the thread at SW because they all thought this "NOOB" was trying to measure powder LOL

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by armexman View Post
    Thanks Again everyone.
    One small point to make which nobody can see: I am trying to get 328 grains of SHOT, which is 3/4 of an Ounce.
    I was kicked around the thread at SW because they all thought this "NOOB" was trying to measure powder LOL
    They may not have read your post right, and mistaken what you was asking, I have gotten that.

Boolit Master
    Try the Luger Forum.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by armexman View Post
    I guess like in many forums your post count equals your reloading experience.
    Not really. Objectively, it just means you spend a lot of your time on that site.

Boolit Buddy
    jsn,
    En serio

That site has been abandoned for years. A half a dozen guys have stopped in there recently, but only a handful of posts. I have been on CB almost 4yrs. Great site.
    "Appetites for gun collecting are often whetted by mechanical ingenuity, artistic features or historic associations" Norm Flayderman.

Boolit Buddy
    I started reloading in pistol in 1974, and rifle in 1976. There was no internet and no forums. Trial, error, manuals and a little luck got me some decent loads.

I decided I needed to load shotgun shells using a MEC sizemaster in 28 ga in 2008. With GREAT HELP and guidance from members of shotgun world, I was able to purchase good equipment and proper components to do what I wanted to do. I still had the manuals and the confusion, but, also had access to immediate help. There are some great guys over there. I am sure there are also some "pills" who may belittle people, but, the old timers got me up and running in short time and with a minimum of side trips based on my being confused by what I was reading.

I joined Cast boolits to learn to Cast Lead. I had been reloading cast lead store bought for 20 years but I have only been casting for maybe 5 years now. I started the casting process by joining this forum. Based on suggestions from members on this forum, I bought my bottom drop pot, selected molds, acquired metals and learned to blend them, learned pencil hardness testing, learned pan lubing, LLA variants, and now powder coating all HERE on Cast Boolits. Great guys here.

For those of you that are not old enough to remember what life was like before home computers, much less IPHONES, IPADS, and all the rest, it was solitary. Read the manual, make your mistakes, re-read the manuals, hope to meet an expert on a range who would share.

I belong to and value many of todays forums for all they provide me. I too have gotten my tail twisted (and may again for this post).

For my purposes, Shotgun world is the best I have found for shotgun reloading and shotgun stuff.

Cast Boolits for me is hands down the best for learning to cast and shoot the galina.

I have several other forums that I frequent for different reasons: precision rifle, long range hunting etc.

I will not run down any forum, but, suggest that we can enjoy each for what they offer.

My 2 cents.... rch
    Last edited by rhouser; 02-02-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Banned

SW I'm almost sure is Shotgun World. I am a member but hardly access the forums except for info, since I basically had the same treatment. I have a place to get a lot of shotgun hulls. Once I had enough to suit me I offered some on SW site. I was immediately told the hulls I had were very cheaply made and not worth much. A few days later while surfing the site I saw a post selling the same hulls I had offered. It was posted by the same guy who told me these were almost useless, and he was asking more than I had. Went back several times, most of those guys are helpful without being condescending. But a few act like they are always talking down to you. I belong to several different firearms forums, and most are full of info, as is SW. So now when accessing that site I don't ask questions of these few individuals. And I just take sarcastic posts with a grain of salt. No intention here to change any views or opinions like rhouser said, just my $.02.
    Last edited by tankgunner59; 02-02-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I went to SW just to see what the hoopla was all about. Lots of good info there, I must admit! Boy, do they get huffy if you try to make a statement they don't agree with! ( I didn't join )Saw some posts on there that were downright ugly! So, I agree with the statement to enjoy each forum for what they have to offer, and be polite to each other even if you disagree!!!! I joined Cast Boolits to learn,just that, how to better cast and load cast boolits! This is, I my opinion only, the best site!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Man
    When Jay started Shotgun World he took great care to watch for the spammers and folks that sounded like they wanted a fight and right now and would deal with them personally but with Shooting World and Pistol World it grew beyond any ones abilities to control.
    They are good about keeping the spammers off Shotgun World and the fighters are mostly gone now but every now and then some gets reports of folks leaving saying they will never go back so I guess there are some there with knowledge and they are proud of it and say so.
    If there was a way to keep spammers of Shooting World I would go there again but haven't been there in many years.
    So far this site has great folks and a whole lot of knowledge!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12