Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How do YOU carry?

Boolit Grand Master

Outside holster. Never cared for pocket or IWB although I will carry a derringer clipped to my pocket at times. I prefer a paddle holster but a Yaqui Slide is ok. I do like the trigger guard covered. lately both my wife and I have started using a belt with the inside waistband paddle to hold it on belt or not. Seems pretty decent to me
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Buddy
    For G19: IWB @ 4 o'clock.

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    Summer with light shirt over pants Mid back on belt 32 acp.
    Winter shirt tucked either in coat pocket or IWB same weapon both When I'm at work

Not working side carry 38 special S&W 15 If it shows you knows!
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    I carry a Commander size 1911 in a custom IWB holster that can be strong side, cross draw, or strong side behind the hip.
    I also carry a Ruger LCP in my back jeans pocket.
    Sometimes when I want a lighter gun than the .45 it's a snub titanium .38 IWB, another custom holster. It also works well as a boot gun.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Grand Master
    Either 40 or 45 Shield or for hot nasty humid days a Smith 638, all in a Bianchi 100 Professional save for the 45 which does not come in that style.....yet. For now I am getting by with a one size fits Blackhawk synthetic cheapie but will change that soon.

Appendix IWB as this location does not prohibit access when driving a vehicle like strong side or 4 o'clock locations do. Seat belts do not get in the way but one must remove the garment from the seatbelt's coverage and drape it over the belt to get access to the gun when seated in the car. SOP after buckling up.

Had I a gut appendix IWB would result in a sweaty less accessible piece. A thin baggie protects the holster from sweat, especially the 638's holster which has no high paddle like the autoloader holsters do.

Perma-Banned
    Stainless Ruger GP-100 6" .357 Magnum, passenger seat of my truck, and a shoulder holster.

Boolit Master
    38 sp. derringer in the front pocket. if you see me, its on me

Depends on how I'm dressed. Shirt tail out IWB strong side Colt Defender. Shirt tucked in I use a wallet for my Mustang. Fits in my back pocket just like a wallet.
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne

Boolit Master

I'm looking at the Alien Gear Cloak tuck for while I'm at work with dress slacks and a button down, and a Galco Summer breeze for when I'm just out and about, and can throw a shirt tail over it.

Whats a good way to conceal with that sized handgun during the summer.. Virginia Summer's aren't exactly temperate, and I don't want to be overdressed.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Grand Master

Short pants and no shirt? C'mon, Chris, who are you joshing? You'll need to carry a man purse or a tackle box! Your supertuck should do it if you have a shirt - even a beater as long as it has something between the gun and your skin.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    I'm looking at the Alien Gear Cloak tuck for while I'm at work with dress slacks and a button down, and a Galco Summer breeze for when I'm just out and about, and can throw a shirt tail over it.

Whats a good way to conceal with that sized handgun during the summer.. Virginia Summer's aren't exactly temperate, and I don't want to be overdressed.
    Well probably IWB is the way to go and you need a good gun belt. After that it is up to you and all depends on how you like your gun to ride. Remember you will not wear it if you do not like the feel. Recommend you get your hands on as many holsters as possible to try different types. I personally like my IWB's behind the hip for comfort. OWB can ride more forward.