Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do YOU carry?

Depends but right now usually glock 19 remora holster middle of back

Boolit Buddy
    We aren't allowed to carry in this great state
    I guess our lives aren't worth as much as you guys.
    We must not be as trustworthy either
    Ohh the shame of it all.. I'm deplorable

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4524.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	185199

Name:	IMG_4525.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	185200
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4524.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 00buck View Post
    We aren't allowed to carry in this great state
    I guess our lives aren't worth as much as you guys.
    We must not be as trustworthy either
    Ohh the shame of it all.. I'm deplorable
    I moved from LINY 26 yrs ago. Best choise ever looking back. I found out quickly that I was able to protect myself and family and 911 was not as fast a response to danger as drawing my holstered weapon to do so.
    Sorry 00, keep a cell phone and extra battery, no consealment needed. Pepper spray, whistle ? Lol

I carried a G30 since they came out iwb mostly, winter carry in a shoulder holster.
    When out in formal dress, slacks allow an ankle holster with a G-27 in .40 cal. With all the new compacts and getting older and arthritis starting a G-42,43 in the pocket,ankle or iwb.
    A NAA .22 mag revolver as a last resort to cell phone in my hat, swim suit,( yes always carry at the pool or beach) boot or any other place except a neck holster. I remember one time I had it inside my glove,in my hand. The report alone will deafen a person.

Be safe and always carry, Mike

Boolit Master
    CZ82 IWB around 5 o'clock I made a holster like the super tuck or alien gear, I like it. Im always in a long sleeve shert tucked in the only problem the clips on the outside of your belt give you away
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Bub
    I carry my LCP in my back pocket, and my Glock 27 and 23 in a Bulldog OBW holster.
    "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper

Banned
    00buck,
    '
    And you're still in NJ??
    (Are your feet nailed to the ground??)

yours, tex

These days I carry a Colt Commander .45 and it's usually in a Blackhawk inside the waistband holster right behind my right hip. I have many ways to carry, a "Miami" shoulder rig by Galco, a clip on pancake holster along with several others, but the Blackhawk is my current favorite. Made in Italy of quality leather that keeps any part of the gun from touching my flesh in case all I'm wearing is a T-shirt and the clip is strong enough to hold even without a belt. If I remember right, the price was under $50.00.

Over the many years I've carried a handgun, one thing I have learned for certain. I honestly do not believe there is a simple answer to carrying just one gun every day. Several things come into play which influence ones choices in what to carry. One is a persons size and how they are physically built. What one person can carry comfortably and it go unnoticed, but on another it would stand out like a 3rd foot.

Something I read decades ago (sadly I wish I had written it down, they were a very wise individual) was when it comes to self defense handguns, all one truly needed was two handguns. A full size 1911, and a small frame 5 shot 38 Special. I would have saved myself a young fortune over the decades had I heeded those words long ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one bit upset about having owned a heck of a lot of various 'carry guns' over the decades. Handguns have long been a passion of mine. Not just for self defense carry, but for hunting, competition and plinking.

One thing that has changed the past quarter of a century, has been how many choices one has to choose from. The passage of concealed carry by dozens of states prompted various gun makers to try and come up with the perfect concealed carry gun. The newly legally armed CCW holder, seemed to all want the same thing. Small, light in weight, and powerful. Enter the plethora of 380 and 9mm micro handguns out there on the market today. I would not hesitate to pick some of them over even my trusted S&W 5 shot 38 Special.

Gun position is another dilemma. Enjoy your search. But a good strong side behind the hip is never a bad choice. Neither is a nice shoulder holster. Then, there are the new micro 9's and such that will fit great in a front pocket.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned
    I carry various guns. It depends on what I'm wearing & what I feel like carrying.

I usually carry something that starts with a .45!, but also carry 9mm, 38, 380(usually as a back up, but not always)

In the winter or when wearing long pants &/or a jacket, it's always a .45.

In the "shorts" time of the year, I will carry a LC9 in a cargo pocket, but often carry a .45 on the belt.

Rarely will put the S&W 380 in the pocket, but with the 9 I usually carry it in the opposite cargo pocket.

I also use a lot of different holsters, depending on clothes & situation.

In .45s, any of a number of Kimber Ultra or Colt officers, S&W 325PD, S&W 4513TSWs or 4516s.

38s are various airweight S&Ws. 9 & 380 as above.

My outside belt carry is usually just in front of my hip, IWB hip or in front.

Have a lot more holsters & guns to fit them.

Carry what your good & comfortable with & that is totally reliable. I my picture I'm carrying a Kimber Ultra & with those banded bottom polos they can't be seen.

I don't carry anything that hasn't been tested with hundreds of rounds with various bullets & no FTF, & will flat put them in the heart locker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1000745.JPG  
    Last edited by tygar; 01-15-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Boolit Master

When I can wear a jacket I'll carry the Sig P220 in a crossbreed. Otherwise the J frame gets the nod in a Blackhawk IWB holster, which is the most comfortable all the way around - especially when driving.

Unfortunately I can only carry when I'm out of my home state, which is a liberal mecca that does not believe I have the right to protect myself.
    I've been on a business trip to Utah these past few weeks, and it's been so refreshing being able to carry 24/7...

Name:	164844806.YcThDopg.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	185383

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Not much help as I carry on the belt - usually with a shirt-tail or jacket over it.

You on't state what your work situation is - but if you are an "employee" of a company - you'd better be checking with your employer as to what their carry policy is. Not to be a wet blanket but many companies do no allow it peimarily due to liability - and if it is against policy, a legitimate reason for immediate dismissal.

Boolit Master

DAO HK P30 rebarreled to .357 Sig in DM Bullard IWB leather at 3 o'clock. I will frequently put an extra magazine in the left front pocket.

For those days when I have been at work and have to get gas, go to the store, etc on the way home I will put a Bodyguard .380 in a Don Hume pocket holster in the right front pocket.

Trouble doesn't announce it's coming...
    At one with the gun.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Except for the shotgun you are well balanced!

A compact rifle will help with that.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

When my shirt or jacket will conceal it I generally carry a Commander sized SR1911 in a tooled El Paso Saddlery holster on a matching belt. Other times I keep and LCP in my pocket.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Check out Aliengear holsters. They are cheap and very comfortable. Custom made to fit any pistol and you can trade back for different shells if you change pistols. I can wear mine all day with a J-frame and nearly forget it's there.

Boolit Master

Well boys, I did it. I bought a G23 Gen 4. First pistol purchase of my adult life. Haha bought a cheap Serpa holster too, but I'll probably get rid of it. Now to wait on my CHP.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Buddy
    IWB KingTuck. Love it. MP9c

Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    Well boys, I did it. I bought a G23 Gen 4. First pistol purchase of my adult life. Haha bought a cheap Serpa holster too, but I'll probably get rid of it. Now to wait on my CHP.
    I have a serpa for my 1911, it works, but. I never trusted the paddle, but the belt attachment works fine, but it is still not leather.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast