RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2

Thread: Arsenal Mold

Boolit Buddy

Arsenal Mold

Ordered a new Arsenal Mold 368280 for my 375 H&H. I've never owned one and have heard good things. Has anyone had any problems with their products?

Boolit Master
    I have one and it is a very fine, high quality mold. Mine is a 124gr. TC for 9mm mold and it casts very nice. The first one I got dropped all undersize boolits but I contacted Jared @ Arsenal and explained. He measured one left in-stock and verified it was off. He was very apologetic and sent me a brand new one in a matter of a couple days and it is perfect. He even let me keep the 1st mold. The new one drops right at advertised diameter. I know there is dirt between Arsenal and NOE, some are swayed by this but only those two parties know the truths and we are subject to the, "he said, she saids" argumentative stuff but i'm not going to dig into that. If there was 100% irrefutable proof someone threw someone under the bus, it would sway my decisions but it's not info i'm privy to. Both make top quality molds, I don't get involved in the pizzing matches, ill buy from who makes good stuff for the price I want and has it in stock. I have a bunch of NOE's too. Jared had a boolit mold in stock of the type I wanted and NOE didn't at the time and I tried one out. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy from either and I'm very pleased with sales & service, along with the mold from Arsenal.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad to hear they provide good customer service. I've noticed as companies get larger their customer service tapers off. I deal with alot of places because they treated me right.

Boolit Buddy
    They are second to none when it comes to customer service and quality.
    Kirk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by shell70634 View Post
    Ordered a new Arsenal Mold 368280 for my 375 H&H. I've never owned one and have heard good things. Has anyone had any problems with their products?
    That is a tad small for a 375 H&H. My molds for 375 are .379. Heck the bore diameter is about .368, groove is a good bit bigger...

Boolit Mold
    I had Arsenal make me a custom 5 cavity 40 Cal NLG mold and it cast beautiful bullets. I've now casted about 9,000 bullets and it still throwing great bullets. Jared is great to work with and will treat you very well.

Boolit Buddy
    I meant 9.3. Guess I got to many gun projects goin

I can relate - good luck with your new mold and project
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I have 4 of his brass 4 cavity molds. (another on the way) They are all works of art and throw bullets exactly as expected. If you want to design a mold...he will also work with you.

I think he has laughed at some of my goofy designs (look at some of the smooth sided boolets in 22,30, and 32) but he built them exactly as I wanted.

Up to now, he is batting 100% with me....

Boolit Master
    I just received my first Arsenal mould a couple of days ago -- 5- cavity aluminum, 70 grain 25 cal for my 25/20's. Beautiful mould, dropped bullets at .259 with my hard bullet alloy. No drama: all bullets fill out nicely and drop from mould with a gentle tap or two. I'm sure this won't be my last Arsenal mould.

Got a couple of their molds, "Sliver" in 30 and the "Elvis" in 223. Both are very well built molds. I think the NOE molds are finished a little better ( recessed edges, Little more polished) but wait time for Arsenal is about 10 days if they have to make it. Can't beat that at all. Spent to much time just waiting for something at NOE to get in stock. Lifes to short to wait on a mold.

Boolit Buddy
    Jared made me a .257 mold. Had a small glitch....but let me tell you, Jared made it more than right and did not ask any questions. Later in the year he made me a .32-40 mold for fixed loads. Accuracy is unbeatable. Later this spring I will order a 3-cavity breech seat mold. I am very satisfied with the quality and service!!!!

Old thread I know but just received a aluminum 5 cavity 41 Keith type mould from him and it appears very well made. Fast shipping. I may try one of his brass moulds next. Just thought I would report since I see little on that company on this forum. I may cast this weekend and will report on my results.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    That is a tad small for a 375 H&H. My molds for 375 are .379. Heck the bore diameter is about .368, groove is a good bit bigger...
    Or you could wrap it in paper and shoot it in the .375 too.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

I don't know if Arsenal has changed their sprue plates but as an FYI mine had some sort of coating that I accidentally removed during initial cleaning before use. Hadn't effected anything and it's been a good mold.

I have both NOE and Arsenal, both good products. Not much for the bickering between them, if they both keep making good products then they'll both keep getting my $. If there is a grievance about intellectual property and want a leg to stand on then they ought to stop making blatant copies of RCBS, Lyman, and H&G products.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by buggybuilder View Post
    Jared made me a .257 mold. Had a small glitch....but let me tell you, Jared made it more than right and did not ask any questions. Later in the year he made me a .32-40 mold for fixed loads. Accuracy is unbeatable. Later this spring I will order a 3-cavity breech seat mold. I am very satisfied with the quality and service!!!!
    +1 on Arsenal molds Tried 6 MM bore rider bullets designed for powder coating yesterday. Bullets heavier than any listed for 6x45 so I started with two powders I had used in pass for lighter bullets. Just tried to go low enough charge to prevent blowing up action with the heavier bullets. Both starting loads shot approx 1" groups. I think they will really shoot gangbusters when good loads are worked up. Going to be fun! mold casts great and bullets just about fall out only one problem--20 pound pots hold a lot of 115 gr bullets--not much time to rest between batches.

They were so good, we ordered 5 more but in the 5 cavity this time--they work and are easy to deal with. Wish more vendors were this concerned about their business and customers.
    Last edited by Bama; 11-07-2017 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added comment

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    +1 on Arsenal molds Tried 6 MM bore rider bullets designed for powder coating yesterday. Bullets heavier than any listed for 6x45 so I started with two powders I had used in pass for lighter bullets. Just tried to go low enough charge to prevent blowing up action with the heavier bullets. Both starting loads shot approx 1" groups. I think they will really shoot gangbusters when good loads are worked up. Going to be fun! mold casts great and bullets just about fall out only one problem--20 pound pots hold a lot of 115 gr bullets--not much time to rest between batches.
    I agree completely with the good reports about Arsenal molds. Also agree about the finish on the sprue plate. Did not cause any problems though, and looked better after casting and luring with bull plate. I bought 2 of his .358-429 molds and am well pleased with them. Harles