Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: Inherited old PACT precision chrono

Boolit Mold

Inherited old PACT precision chrono

I have inherited a PACT precision chrono that I can't get to work. This thing has all the appearance of being from the 80s. My late grandfather in law passed it down to the one he knew would use it and my first attempts failed. I have it plugged in as instructions direct, overcast day, no shade or sun screen. I have cleaned the sensors. I have shot .22lr, 44mag, airsoft gun and even swung a baseball bat and can't get a single reading. I understand this is an old device and many would say just get a new one. This is not an option for me at this stage of life. It is this chrono or no chrono . I was just wondering if anyone out there had any experience with this unit and had any recommendations. Thanks in advance.

Boolit Buddy

Wished I could help but I cant , but I do hope you get it going , maybe it just something simple
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy

looks like they are still in the business of selling cronys so if all else fails you can contact them ,...http://pact.com/
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Banned

all pact equipment I life time warranty so send it in. One warning though repairs are SLOW with them.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Pact chrono from the same time frame. If I haven't used it for a while, it acts strange until I put in a fresh 9v battery. Worth a try before you send it back.

The Pact is sensitive to vibrations and muzzle blast. Always put the main unit on a different location rather than on the bench you are shooting from.
    The sky screens need to be set up about 8-10 feet in front of the muzzle.

Hope you get it to work.

Boolit Mold
    Thanks everyone for the help. I was in town last night and purchased a new battery. I plan to try it out with the new battery one more time this weekend. I also talked to Pact about the unit and the parts are no longer available - the unit was made in the mid-80s, so they cannot repair. They do offer a 30% discount of any other unit they offer, if I will mail in my antique unit.
    If the battery preforms a miracle I will update.
    Aaron

Boolit Buddy

God this making me feel old... I have the original PACT PC from '87, wiring on one sensor finally failed just ordered new upgraded skyscreens. It's been a great unit, a lot of rds. over it in the last 30 years....

Vendor Sponsor

It should have 2 buttons on the front .. if so you have to push them both at the same time
    Then it should read chrono running if not push them both at same time again
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    I had a Pact, little later model I think. It quit working so I sent it back to them. They couldn't fix it because one of the chips failed that they couldn't get a replacement for. They offered to sell me a new one for cost, but I bought a CED instead.

So much for lifetime warranty.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Grand Master

My pact professional from the late 80s early 90s finally gave up on me. Like said above they will sell you the new one at cost ( I believe my quote was $169.00 for the new comparable model) and you have to send the old one back to them. I really like this unit but replaced it with a lab radar unit. Clean the plug ins and battery terminals a new battery and try again.

Boolit Buddy

Make sure you don't have front and rear plugs reversed.