Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Another powder tested

Boolit Master

Another powder tested

One of our fellow PCers asked me to try out his powder. Said it was from a commercial source that uses it on washers and dryers and the like.
    Given what it is used on white is the only choice.

Ran though my normal routine and results are below. Powder is 'fluffy' and pic shows them ready to go into oven. They were tapped well on side of container before going on cooking mat

Shot of them post-cooked. the bare spots seem to be where I touched them with the hemostats along with some open areas that were 'just there' after cooking

Close up of cooked ones. I would not hesitate to use these as driving bands are well covered
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Look pretty. I have a hard time finding a decent white as well. The HF white works GREAT when you mix it with other things. The regular whites that spot like this are not bad if you run them through a second coat afterwards. I prefer Sugar Maple. It is an excellent top coat for many thinly coating or hard to coat colors. Solar Rain would probably be okay as well.

Boolit Master

I find that one coat covers well enough to prevent leading and stop there. I know others are going for the 'fantastic look' and a second coat works well on that.

My reasoning is the target isn't going to know if there are a few thin spots on the bullets.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Boolit Master

I've got some cloud white from Prismatic. I'll pick up some more BBs today and give it a try.
    Semper Fi!

Currently casting for .223, .308, .30-06, .30-40 Krag, 9mm, .38/.357, 10mm, 44 Mag and 45 ACP.

I like strange looking boolits!

NRA Patriot Life Endowment member.

Boolit Master

looking forward to seeing how that works out.

I'm got to cut the white with some color as see if coverage is smoother on bullets
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747

Banned
    I have a lot more of this powder than I can use and would like to sell some at $5 a pound plus shipping.
    My results with this powder were similar to Walters.
    Remember, using this powder by itself will give you a good coating for shooting but for some reason is not 100% Pigmented covering. It behaves great when mixed: 2 parts this powder with 1 part smokes powder (and most polyester gloss powders that are good for DT PCing). http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Traffic-Purple .
    This stuff is aggressively attracted to the lead and will economically stretch how far your good working powder goes.
    If interested in buying some PM me.