Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Lab Radar Chronograph

Lab Radar Chronograph

After having been a hand loader for 40 yrs. it was time to upgrade the chronograph, the one I never bought.Friends had them and I never did buy one I could get what I needed when they set theirs up.Big turn off for me was the amount time spent setting up and playing with them.Well that's all changed now and ingenuity of smart people have come up with a Doppler Rdar Chronograph.The Lab Radar made by Infinition Inc. they make radar guidance systems for military hardware purveyors.
    I did some research on their chronograph and it was not possible to find a negative comment other than price @ $560.00 at Midway. I was ready to have a chronograph that was easy to use.This one is easy to use.No hoops to shoot through, no cables, any weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0328.jpg  

You didn't look hard enough. The eat batteries like a kid eats candy, can be difficult to aim and require extras if you don't have enough muzzle blast to trigger them.

However, they are neat.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    You didn't look hard enough. The eat batteries like a kid eats candy, can be difficult to aim and require extras if you don't have enough muzzle blast to trigger them.

However, they are neat.
    If you use batteries you're an idiot. Run it off a lipstick charger for phones and you're fine. I've yet to use one up during a shooting session that lasted almost all of the afternoon.

Aiming, yeah that one can be a pain. A cheap square fixes the issue w/ little effort. This is really my only complaint about the unit.

Air guns and arrows are all that I'm aware of that need the external mic. I haven't shot a suppressor w/ mine so maybe I'm wrong. But there is a sensitivity adjustment internal to the unit. I've never had an issue triggering the unit. Now getting it to pick up every shot(aiming) is a different issue.

I put a piece of cut arrow shaft in the sight groove for a aiming device and taped it down,worked like a champ aiming was easy.I did go with the external super duper new tech lithium battery, two hr. session it still has a full charge.

I use a slim usb power pack that easily fits into the labradar bag. It was last charged in october and has been used for weekend range sessions since. I would estimate at least 15 hours of operation and it is still indicating one dot off full charge. £10 on ebay.
    Never had a problem aiming it, only ever used at 100 yards though.
    Most impressive for me is that it measures my 22 gas check boolits all the way to the target. 22 jacketed boat tails are off the radar at 30 yards.
    Picks up subsonic suppressed loads just fine.
    Only learning curve was with cast 22 loads and moving through 1500fps. Below that I set for pistol, when your test loads start moving up around this figure and you start getting impossible figures you need to switch the unit from pistol to rifle.
    Most annoying thing is that I only heard of the existence of the labradar 3 months after buying a new caldwell ballistics chronograph to replace my piece of junk gamma master chrony.
    Cant wait for the labradar tech team to update the software and enable the built in bluetooth.
    Heres the reply to an email query I sent regarding the bluetooth.

That is correct, it is put in each unit for future development so you will not have to purchase a version 2 of LabRadar, we want anything that we will do to the LabRadar to be upgradable so you will only purchase a unit once from us. Right now the manufacturer has put most of their focus on building units now that we are expanding to Europe but we are hoping to have the App done before 2017 or shortly after, we have not released details about what the App will all do but I do know that you will be able to control it from your smart phone or tablet.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fred2892; 01-10-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

Hopefully they switch the changeover from pistol to rifle. At 1800 fps it's at a bad spot for cast bullets. Shoot a load in that range and you won't pick up all of them on either setting.

Boolit Buddy

I love mine. USB pocket power works great. I did get the external mic for it. Needed it for airguns. Ended up needing it for my suppressed Blackout too. I really like that it gives multiple readings downrange so I can calculate BC's.
    "A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown"

Boolit Master
    I have one and love it. For sighting improvements check out this post.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...g-improvements

Thanks Doc, I wouldn't have started this thread had I'd seen that one. Will ordering one of the sighting tools.

Boolit Buddy
    I got one it works great. use battery pack with no problems.

If you use batteries you're an idiot. Run it off a lipstick charger for phones and you're fine.
    I am not familiar with a lipstick charger, are they solar, hand crank, or some kind of generator?

Boolit Grand Master

Lab Radar Chronograph

They're a small charger. They're called lipstick chargers because of their size.

Anker PowerCore 5000, Ultra-Compact 5000mAh External Battery with Fast-Charging Technology, Power Bank for iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy and more https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CU1EC6Y..._VnLDybZ1PXAF6

Boolit Grand Master

There are a lot of different sizes. I have one that's 26,800 mAh that I use for international travel. But the small ones are more than enough for an afternoon session. I'd imagine they're good for an all day session since the charge is still high when I'm finished.

Ah, only an idiot for using 6AA batteries not any battery.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Ah, only an idiot for using 6AA batteries not any battery.
    Idiot was a harsh term and I shouldn't have used it. But yes, using AA batteries isn't the smartest move. I took your OP as meaning AA batteries.