Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full size 22 LR M-1 Garand

In Remembrance

Full size 22 LR M-1 Garand

In this months Dillion `Blue Book` there is a product review of Kingston Armoury M-1 Garand in 22 LR caliber. It weighs 1/4 lb. more than a standard M-1 does but looks a lot like the real thing. The suggested price is $699, so you either want one or you don`t.Robert

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I read the review , most of the rifle looks nice . The receiver still looks like a 10/22 .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master
    I'd hazard a guess that this rifle will be uncommonly accurate more for its weight and balance than for any special qualities of its components.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a real one and piles of ammo, so I won't be getting a 9 lb .22lr. I do like the looks of the M1 carbine 1022 "kits".

Looks like a 10/22 with a bunch of "Garand looking" parts tacked on all over it.

Why?

Boolit Master
    I wish they would make an FAL in 22....

Boolit Master

I'd like to see how it loads. Do we get a bag of mini enbloc clips?
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

I checked with them and msrp is $699. I think I will stay with my 10-22.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Master

I am willing to bet that thing is nothing but a 10-22 in heavy disguise, having not seen one except for pictures I could certainly be wrong but take a GOOD look at that receiver!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Mehhh. Not for me. I love the real Garand.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Boolit Master
    From what I read on Keystone's web site the receiver is made of steel, not aluminum like the Ruger 10-22.

They are designed to give the feel and weight, along with sight radius of a real M-1 or M-14 rifle. They should make great practice for off hand shooting, and indoor shooting ranges will allow them making good off season/winter practice.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    I'd like to see how it loads. Do we get a bag of mini enbloc clips?
    The description said a 10 shot Ruger style clip bottom located on the rifle.Robert

Boolit Grand Master

The receiver is NOT 10-22 it is steel and the dimensions are just a little off on the outside. It does take 10-22 magazines and the factory mag with the gun has a steel floorplate attached to duplicate the bottom of the Garand receiver. The barrel attachment is different and much more solid. The stock is again solid good quality WALNUT. This is not a gussied up 10-22 and some of us Garand fans are already using them for short range practice. Not for everyone but neither is my Winder Musket.

Boolit Master
    Well there's certainly nothing wrong with the 10/22 action or its rotary magazine, very reliable and solid. If any parts interchange that's a big plus factor.

I saw our range boss on the opposite side from me, just today, and think I now know what he had. I forgot to ask

Interesting concept. The cost of this one is more than service grade CMPs, maybe 10 years ago. Don't know if you can even buy service grades anymore. I like the idea of shooting indoors during the winter with one of these.

Looked at a German MP 44 in .22 and it just didn't do it for me. Now if they made it in the original caliber I'm all in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

Boolit Master

Probably a decent practice tool for those few still shooting Highpower matches with Garands. Sure, the reload is a little different, but close enough for cheap training.

I mused for a time about the possibility of a "Ruger Mini Garand", complete with little enblocs to take 10 rounds of .223.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    I always considered the .22 military style replica guns to fall into two categories, fun guns for youngsters or full use military primary marksmanship training.
    Not sure if this rifle fits either category, since the Garand is no longer a primary military rifle and its too heavy for most youngsters to handle other than at the bench.
    Guess this one falls in the big boy fun gun category.

The M-14 version has more relevance to the military since the M-14 made its comeback as a designated marksman rifle.

.22 rimfire replicas of the M-1 carbine have always been popular, mainly because the size weight and handling qualities of the carbine are great for a small bore hunting and plinking rifle.

I kinda like the airsoft replicas of famous battle rifles, but those with wooden or properly made synthetic stocks and durable metal actions and barrels cost near as much as the real thing, and in some cases several times as much as the real thing.

A really interesting field for collectors is the air rifle trainers built to mimic the appearance and handling of the real thing. A few very nice replica Mauser and Mosin Nagant air rifles have been produced lately but they are very pricey.

If someone with younger sons collects Mausers or Mosin Nagants an air rifle replica of those rifles would really get the kids interested in shooting and help them learn the basics before moving up to the real deal.

Boolit Man
    I was lucky my father in law gave me an original before he passed. I think if I had 6 or 700 to spend I would save up for a real one, but it would be a nice gift to a youth. happy trails.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast