RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been at the right place at the right time?

Have you ever been at the right place at the right time?

He wasn't.

A Puzzle perhaps?

I've shot squirrels, deer, and crows on my range but never a coyote. Way to go! What gun?

A 9mm carbine.

Banned
    a poor little old 'yote tried to save targets by running into a mean target shooter. the target shooter was carrying a akr -17 that goes fully semi-automatic...sorry, i couldn't resist...

good job!!!

Banned

only a dummy would run in front of someone going to shoot 2 star wheels.
    I have enough problems with one wheel and 2 magazines.

Boolit Master
    I kind'a figger'ed live and let live 'till they ate my cat. Now I try to give 'em an overdose of kinetic energy.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    nice coyote, nice shooting, great range, they always get maximum effort when seed by anyone in my family.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Banned

Looks like that coyote committed suicide. Good job.

Boolit Master
    I'm in the right place at the right time often, but I don't shoot coyotes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    A 9mm carbine.
    Even cooler. The 109yr old cartridge still gets it done. As a farmer/cattleman coyotes, pigs, and skunks are on the shoot on sight list. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

If I see em I shoot em,I have lost several pets that I laid off to the yote's being hunger.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

In Remembrance

When in basic at Ft. Polk (Jan 1967) many birds that remained on the rifle range when the "comment firing" was announced became a puff of feathers as multiple rounds found their mark.

Boolit Master
    Right place at right time - It happened a few years back during muzzleloader mule deer season. I was on a clearcut on the east side of Washington's Cascade Mountains when I spotted two enormous bucks, both easily B&C qualified. Both out of range, I moved to get closer but was "made" so the two split and took off so I pursued the larger in spite of it being a lost cause. I heard another muzzleloader go off down the hill where the "smaller" buck went. The other hunter was beginning to dress the huge buck as I arrived so I assisted. I had my camera so took some fine pics and when I asked him where he lived, I found out he was an avid reader of my weekly newspaper outdoor column. I had the picture of his buck on the front page of the sports section of his hometown paper before he even got home. That is what I call service by your local newspaper! BTW - The buck scored 184 if memory serves and I will always wonder what the big one that got away would have scored.

Perma-Banned

quilbilly...good on you for what you did to help the hunter and seeing that he was recognized for his good fortune.

I love it I did not notice until I scrolled down.

Boolit Master

Well done sir.

Boolit Master
    November 17, 2016, the day after my 70th birthday, I sat at the edge of the trees surrounding my ND farmyard to avoid the very cold north wind. I was about 100 yards from my truck camper that was parked in the otherwise abandoned farmyard. After about an hour of comfortable sitting, a very respectable whitetail buck walked by, about 30 yards from me. The Browning BLR 358 Winchester that I bought last March proved itself.

Moderator Emeritus

Great shooting and good judgment. Coyotes take a LOT of deer. Here in Ga., a study was recently done by the DNR, and they were surprised at how many deer coyotes take each year. We got a 12 deer limit when the deer population exploded over a decade ago now, and they haven't changed it back yet. I don't think our legislature holds game laws to be much of a high priority. We hunters know differently, but it's like pulling teeth to even get the wildlife folks to even listen to you now. They DO have more pressing issues, to be sure, but .... neglect the wildlife and flora, and we'll wind up VERY sorry for it. "Welcome to the new millenium" I guess???

Boolit Master
    Blackwater,
    Coyotes take a lot of fawns in almost any location. Whether they take adult deer or not is variable. That matters in that, for most mammal species, juvenile mortality is almost always very very high, yet populations can still grow, and rapidly, even in the face of huge juvenile death rates. But either way, are predators actually limiting the deer population? That is not a trivial question to answer. Automobiles and humans (hunters) take a hell of a lot of deer also, but they may or may not be the greatest limiting factor for a deer herd.

I like upland bird hunting and waterfowl. So, I like coyotes. They are the best thing since CRP for ground nesting birds - yet they kill some birds. So, how does that work? Not everything in wildlife biology is as simple as connecting two dots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast