WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: LEE Loadmaster press

LEE Loadmaster press

Hi!

while just loosing my time on the interwebs, i've seen in the LEE website that their Loadmaster progressive press can do 303 british. How does it work? You feed the press with lubricated cases and you clean them after? Anyone use this press to make 303 or other military rifle caliber reload? Anyone reload rifles cartridges in a progressive press??

thank you

The only rifle case I've ever run straight through has been 223 cases with a lube die. When I had a loadmaster I'd still pad and neck brush lube, size, tumble, then run though the press.

Boolit Master
    One reason I never invested in a progressive press is sizing. I generally will size the cases, trim and tumble them, then put them aside for another day. Vs doing it all at once. And its a bit hard to size then trim in a progressive or defeats the point of a progressive if you have to stop and remove them after sizing to trim.

Boolit Master
    I've done .308, .243, and .300 Savage on the Loadmaster. Lubing inside of case necks with dry moly, graphite or mica along with outside case lube makes things run much smoother. First set-up takes time and fussing, then things go pretty quick.

Boolit Grand Master
    I think you would be happier with their Classic turret press for reloading .303.

BTW, I have two Dillon progressives (better than the Loadmaster IMHO) and still load rifle ammo on a single stage tool.

Don Verna

Boolit Master
    I have done 30.06, 6.5X55, 7.5X55 and 223 on the LM. I set up two stations with lubed cases. #3 universal decapper #4 sizer. Then clean, trim and uniform primer pocket off press. Then back on the press. Station #1 Decapper just in case #2 M die and prime, #3 powder drop, #4 boolit seat, #5 crimp. I've set up the case feed for 223 but 30.06 is hand fed. Of course using filler in the big cases adds another step. Rifle is a PITA.

I use a Redding T-7 for all rifle case prep and then load on one of my 550's.