Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: LDC 1300 platform review.

Boolit Master

LDC 1300 platform review.

I received a LDC from Frank Jones. This is my thoughts on this LDC for my Crosman 1300kt 22 caliber. The LDC is 3/4 OD. While not as quiet according to Frank as some of his other products Frank felt those that own the Crosman pumpers and C02 guns would appreciate the smaller size and it does not interfere with CO2 cartridge changing. It fits on the barrel nicely with a snug fit and is held in place by 2 Allen Head (hex key) set screws.

Taking the front sight off the Crosman was easy using a piece of wood dowel and a plastic head hammer and a couple of light taps it was off. It is just pressed on.

Now for the testing. I shot my 1300kt with out the LDC and at 10 pumps it makes a noticeable snappy sound. Using the LDC the sound was a dull thud. The pellet hitting the phone book I was shooting into made more noise I thought that the 1300kt going off. This does work well.

I definitely am satisfied with this product and it will be reasonable in price too in the 35 to 40 dollar range.

Frank, also makes bolt handles and probes, safeties and straight stocks for 13/22xx as well as some other parts and mods. He is working at getting a web page going but for now can be contacted on Face Book. Look for Frank Jones and a Don't Tread On Me avatar.

If you want to quiet down your 1300 platform this is a well made and a affordable priced product.

One final thing this LDC does not affect accuracy my test shots were side by side of each other touching.

Some pictures.

A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

Boolit Master
    Cool, it gives the gun a Man from uncle vibe.

I've been considering the integral suppressed Umarex Fusion CO2 rifle.

Normally I like a bit of muzzle blast when shooting airguns to give them a more powerful real gun feel, but I guess I'm growing out of that. Airguns are real guns, they don't need any sound effects to make them more than they are, and while people around here have never been jumpy about noise that can change at anytime. No complaints yet but I expect one at any time.

Also loud noises scare off game and send vermin into hiding. A quiet rifle gets the job done better.

Man those look just like to TKO LDC's. But at a lot lower price.
    http://www.tko22.com/index.html

Boolit Master
    I had once considered putting a longer barrel on my S&W 78g and a detachable plank butt stock. I would have added a fake suppressor/barrel shroud to hide the skinny barrel extension and offer it some protection.
    My reasoning was that the 78g gas cylinder is capable of driving a .22 pellet to fairly high velocities but only with a much longer barrel.
    Of course it would not be kosher to alter a 78g that's in good condition, and I spent too much time heating and reshaping the warped grips into a perfect fit to cut into them to add a stanchion for attaching a butt stock.

With stock spring the 78g will drive a standard .22 pellet to just under 400 FPS. By stretching the spring I got considerably more than that , but any heavier a strike would likely damage the valve stem.
    The 78g will never be a high velocity pistol, but its a fine informal target pistol when good pellets are used.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Tried to find Frank, have you any idea how many Frank Jones on face book without a Don't Tread on me avtar?
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

A gun is like a parachute: If you need one and don't have one, you won't be needing one again.

link does not work.

Boolit Master

Works for me maybe you have to belong to facebook.

Boolit Master
    I've noticed something about the sound of the muzzle blast of airguns and CO2 pistols.

If fired in an open space on a warm day they make little noise, but if fired in the subfreezing cold when standing very close to a fence they can, though not always, make a distinct loud report that sounds like a .22 RF at a distance.

I figure the sound reflecting from some surfaces is altered in frequency making what was inaudible now audible.
    I noticed a similar same effect when firing a .22 with a suppressor when standing near an oil drum half full of kerosene.
    In that case the metal of the drum rang as if it had been struck with a piece of wood.

I've noticed this with my CO2 BB pistols and the Daisy 880 and the 1377.

When firing from my back porch the report is even louder than when standing near the fence.

It could be that my hearing is more sensitive in the range of the altered frequency.
    Has anyone else noticed this?

Boolit Master

I have not noticed will have to keep this in mind when shooting.