Load DataWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Lyman .410426 Bullet Mold

Boolit Mold

Lyman .410426 Bullet Mold

I'm new to this forum and the processes to get answers, so bear with me. I'm looking for a Lyman bullet mold .410426 for my .41s. I thought I read in this publication that a group had purchased new versions of the old mold. I would like to buy one of these new molds, but I don't know who or how to contact them.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Boolit Buddy
    My apologies for the delayed welcome to the website; I saw your first post here earlier this week and thought then that you probably wouldn't receive many replies in this particular forum. There was apparently a group buy for the 410426 in around 2009, and you can easily find the appropriate threads by using the Google search window which is just at the right hand upper part of this page.

This forum, and the related group buy planning forums, were at one time a hotbed of activity, where the individuals who had successfully organized and received the molds from group buys were able to post their mostly enthusiastic responses to orders that were months or in some cases even years in coming. NOE and Mihec are the ones with which I am most familiar, and each has their own method of creating hollow point designs for those who prefer that. During the earlier years of my being here, it was common to get enough divergent casters under one tent to get out a group buy to Lee. This allowed sharing of the Lee setup costs. Results in my case were good; some were disappointed.

Others may have different opinions, but I believe that the decline in that consensus type activity has occurred because there are other excellent mold makers who allow you to design within broad limits almost anything that you want in handgun molds. You may also discover the work already done for you and will not even have to redesign something that has already been produced. Accurate Molds and LBT by Veral Smith come to mind, and there are certainly others, and some that have come and gone over the years. These mold makers do not require the consensus of 15 or 20 persons before producing an order and therefore can usually have your design at your house within 10 days or so. As far as I know, these "design your own operations" do not offer hollow point designs, but that is an aftermarket option from at least one vendor ..

I hope you're still with us after such a delay in getting any response and that I am not too far wrong in my information. But I suggest that you look for a sticky dedicated to 41 magnum and 41 special loading, and also use the Google search feature to find more that you are looking for.