RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Information for CVA mag hunter barrel

Boolit Buddy

Information for CVA mag hunter barrel

I've had it in my mind to for a project for some time to build myself an inline 32 or 36 caliber muzzle loader to squirrel hunt with. I've thought about buying an Allen inline action but then I would have the problem of finding a stock to fit to it. But, it's still an option.

A friend gave me a CVA mag hunter 50 caliber muzzle loader that he got in a trade that someone had shot, but didn't clean afterwards. The barrel has quite a bit of pitting. Upon looking at it the idea came to mind to use it for a donor action, and stock. It's all right there already made.

My question for you guys is, is the barrel on this particular model rifle screwed into the receiver or is the action and barrel all one piece? I've put a pipe wrench on the barrel but couldn't get it to budge. I spent a couple hours so far on the net searching to see if I could find out to no avail.

If it is screwed in, that would be great. If it's all one piece, it's still not much of a problem. I have a full machine shop.

If it's threaded I don't want to chop the barrel off and put threads on top of threads inside the receiver. If it's all one piece with the receiver it will be a piece of cake to bore the front of the receiver, and thread it.

Anybody with any experience with this model muzzle loader would be appreciated.

Banned

No experience with the CVA Mag Hunter but there are guys out there that can reline the bore to a smaller caliber. Good luck!

Boolit Grand Master

You might check with someone who does rebores and and relines. They should know.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    You might check with someone who does rebores and and relines. They should know.
    I don't know anyone that does that. Could you point me in the right direction to them? I would like to talk to them.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't know anyone personally but if you do a search here of Bob Hoyt, He does allot of rebores and linings. I don't know about inlines but he may. From what I gather, he's a really nice guy and would be glad to help ya.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned
    Google Bobby Hoyt, he does the barrels.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you guys. I knew I could count on someone here pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate the information.