Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Repackbox
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 22 cal BTSimple! Affordable high quality swage dies!

Vendor Sponsor

22 cal BTSimple! Affordable high quality swage dies!

MAKE FREE 22 CAL BULLETS
    AT HALF THE PRICE!

First offered in the spring of 2017 these dies continue to be a great investment at an affordable price for those that wish to make quality 22 cal bullets from free scrap 22lr brass.

I call these dies BTSimple!

The new design and of these dies has allowed me to reduce material and labor costs. The result is high quality set of dies that gets the job done and will continue to do so!

Rest assured, there is no compromises in the quality of these dies, matter of fact the dies are made from the same quality steel with same quality Black Nitride finish, cut from the same reamers, all on the same machines as my premium BTSniper dies.

This high quality and affordable 22 cal swage die kit includes all the dies and tooling necessary to turn 22lr brass into perfect 55 grain jacketed bullets. All one needs is a decent reloading press, a lead pot, a supply of 22lr brass and bit of scrap lead.

This complete kit includes a point form die with 6s ogive and a .092 meplat, a core seat die, a derim die, a three cavity core mold bored to a predetermined depth to make 55 grain bullets (eliminating the need to swage cores), three base punches and a 1/2oz. tin of swage lube. That's it! With this basic kit one is on their way to making great bullets easier then anything ever offered before.

Best part about this kit is the ability to use any decent reloading press with no Auto Ejection System required! This is due to the slightly larger .092 meplat and ejection pin and the perfect polished finish of the point form die. Of course an auto eject system does make the job go a lot faster with less fatigue and greater production rates. Auto Ejection kits are available for purchase separately.

These new dies represent, and are the result of 10 years of experience in the business of selling and machining quality swage dies. Everything I have learned in this time has gone into the design and quality of this new line of BTSimple swage dies. I am certain these dies will offer a very affordable option to anyone that has ever been interested in the art of making high quality precision bullets. These dies also represent an additional offering to those already making their own bullets that might be looking for a new set of great 22 cal swage dies!

BTSimple 22 cal complete swage die set
    Makes perfect 22 cal bullets from 22lr brass
    Simple and Easy

Two payments of
    $872.50

Price current as of December 2022

Complete 22 cal package set includes all items pictured above, a 6s ogive .092 meplat point form die, core seat die, 22lr brass derim die for making jackets, three cavity core mold (even though two and/or four cavity molds my be shown, three cavity is now the standard offer as mentioned in post #122 on 3-11-18), necessary base punches, lock rings and bullet samples of each step of the process. Also included but not pictured is a 1/2 oz. tin of swage lube.

$20 S&H via USPS flat rate

If purchased separately prices are as follows....

$699.00 point form die
    $499.00 core seat die
    $249.00 derim die
    $89.00 per base punch (one required for each die)
    $199.00 three cavity mold

Dies come with 30 day money back guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase simply return your order within 30 days for full refund. After 30 days dies are not covered from ordinary ware and tare but should you experience any problems simply let me know, in all these years I have never had a customer experience a problem that wasn't a simple fix with little to no cost for repair.

I am able to accept Paypal (friends and family or add 4%), check, money order, or credit card over the phone.

Payment in the amount of at least half the purchase price is expected at time of purchase with remaining balance due at any time up to the day completed order is ready to ship . Payment arrangements are possible if needed, simply contact me to let me know.

Canceled orders will result in 20% fee to cover my investment in any canceled orders.

Feel free to contact me here via PM or online via my email address at BT_Sniper@Hotmail.com to place orders or should you have any questions.

Thank you for your support.

Good shooting and swage on!

Brian Thurner
    PO BOX 1783
    Hood River, OR.

Paypal address is BT_Sniper@Hotmail.com

BTSNIPER llc.
    541-436-4095
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 12-16-2022 at 08:13 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Back in stock with new low price!
    Click link below!
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Star-Crimp-Die

also check in and say hello on my new face book page!
    https://www.facebook.com/BTSniper-153949954674572/

Boolit Master

I already have one of your auto eject systems will it work with these new dies? selling calves soon so hopefully there might be enough left over for one of these kits.

Vendor Sponsor

Yes anyone that already has an auto eject for their press will work perfect with these dies.

BT
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Grand Master

Posting to follow so I can see the prices when released

I will be watching this closely.

Vendor Sponsor

Here is a look at the new BTSimple 22 cal swage die package. Dies have not been Nitride processed yet so the polished black finish will look even better.

Complete kit comes with everything shown above that includes a three cavity core mold (even though two and/or four cavity molds my be shown, three cavity is now the standard offer as mentioned in post #122 on 3-11-18), derim die, core seat die, point form die and associated base punches.

A look at the cast lead core, seated core and jacket and formed 55 grain 22 cal bullet.

Awesome hollow point for explosive results! It is also the secrete to allowing one to use these dies without an auto eject should one desire.

Simple perfection!

I put this kit together as an affordable option for the customer that wants to make great 22 cal bullets with minimal initial investment. The kit includes everything one needs to make perfect 22 cal bullets. Only thing customer needs to supply is a press, lead pot and supply of scrap 22lr brass and lead.

I am almost done machining all parts necessary to complete over a dozen of these great 22 cal swage die sets. So far the material cost and labor cost as been within my goals. My goal is to offer this great quality kit at a more affordable price then any other 22 cal die set on the market that makes bullets from 22lr brass. I am certain I can achieve this goal and will have more details regarding offered price very soon.

Keep posted!

Brian
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 12-31-2019 at 02:22 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Vendor Sponsor

Three cavity mold is now standard

One thing one may notice not included with this set is a core swage (bleed) die. It is completely possible to cast lead cores to a weight tolerance well within a couple tenths of a grain or less. This small variation is less then the variation one will typically see in the weight variation of the 22lr brass. Excellent accuracy can certainly be obtained from bullets made from cores cast directly from the mold.

I plan to bore the cavity of the mold to drop cores to allow the customer to make 55 grain bullets. Should one want to make a slightly heavier bullet it is simple. I have in the past altered bullet weights by adding small lead shot under the lead core before seating the core. A typical #6 lead shot weights 2 grains. I will supply a small package of these #6 lead shot with these dies. I could see these dies making great 55, 57, 59 and 62 grain bullets! I suspect the 62 grain should be a perfect 100% fill of the 22lr jacket.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 03-27-2020 at 06:31 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Hopefully your core mold will be available for separate purchase for those of us already with dies.

Vendor Sponsor

To keep costs low I have included only what is necessary in this kit for the customer to make quality bullets. The customer is free to customize their complete set with the following options.

Auto Eject System
    BTSniper improved Lee Classic Cast press
    11 cavity core mold
    7/8-14 Lock Rings
    Control bullet
    3 die black plastic box

I'll have prices posted soon.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 01-02-2017 at 04:33 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    Hopefully your core mold will be available for separate purchase for those of us already with dies.
    Certainly!

Just so I'm on the same page and understand your request..... a customer may already have a set of 22 cal swage dies and wants a simple core mold that will drop cores of an exact weight so they don't have to worry about swaging cores with their existing set of dies?

Is this your thoughts?

If so.... yes, completely possible and will be available.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 12-31-2016 at 05:30 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Vendor Sponsor

edited
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 08-22-2022 at 02:01 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Master

tracking.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy

Posted to bookmark this thread. Maybe the next set will be 270

Sent from here to there by me using smoke signals
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Space for Witty Signature Line FOR RENT...........Cheap

Quote Originally Posted by BT Sniper View Post
    Certainly!

Just so I'm on the same page and understand your request..... a customer may already have a set of 22 cal swage dies and wants a simple core mold that will drop cores of an exact weight so they don't have to worry about swaging cores with their existing set of dies?

Is this your thoughts?

If so.... yes, completely possible and will be available.

BT
    Yes, that is what I'm thinking. I use lead wire & cut & swage cores. I'd like the capability of casting cores also.

Vendor Sponsor

Future BTSimple die offerings !

With the savings in material and labor cost in this new design I plan to have a couple more offerings in the future. One such offering that makes a lot of since and I can see a need for would be simple bump dies to take readily available cheap commercial bullets and bump them up a few thousandths to make a bullet for a new caliber. For example taking cheap 30 cal bullets and bumping them up to .311, .312 or .313. Or taking 22 cal bullets and bumping them up to .228 for the Savage high power and many more possibilities. I think I could offer this simple bump die for a very reasonable price of less then $300.

The only other full set of BTSimple dies I am considering at the moment would be a set of 30 cal dies.

The rest of the calibers I already offer in my top quality BTSniper line of dies.
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 12-31-2016 at 08:15 PM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Boolit Buddy

Following.

Boolit Master

I could live without the nitrade finish if it lowers the price a good amount, unless it is for rust prevention, then its probably needed.

Boolit Master

Following this thread as well

Moderator Emeritus

Brian,

I think I see my first purchase after my seperation (and then divorce in September) next month! Still have not had a chance to try the 45 set I got from you .

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    I could live without the nitrade finish if it lowers the price a good amount, unless it is for rust prevention, then its probably needed.
    I have been considering this same option. To allow customers the choice to save a few $ with a non Nitride treated set of dies. It would certainly save a few dollars and possibly even speed up delivery times as I wouldn't have to wait on shipping to and from as well as processing.

The difference between a nitride finished die and one as pictured above......as far as rust prevention is probably like the difference between stainless steel barrels and non blued (in the white) chromoly barrels. If you can keep a chromoly barreled firearm from rusting then you should be able to keep these dies from rusting but the advantage of Nitride in preventing rust is like 95% of what stainless steel is capable of so it is very good. One would certainly have to keep a set of steel dies (without Nitride finish) well oiled and stored in a dry location when not in use.

If one practiced very carful technique to ensure all brass and lube is extremely clean before use with these dies they will get good use and their money's worth out of them. You would have to ensure the brass is clean before you derim it and certainly after you anneal it. Stainless steel tumblers are the best for ensuring clean jackets when using 22lr brass.

Now the advantages of a Nitride finish...... well they are awesome but I suppose we can make that up to the customer to decide. They are more resistant to ware, more resistant to scratches, better weather protection, smoother finish, less surface friction, etc.

The dies "as is" are hardened to a low to mid 30s RC, the Nitride processing produces a case hardened finish in excess of 60 RC while still maintaining the 30ish RC hardened core to the dies.

I will do some thinking on how much potential savings a non processed set of dies might be. Maybe 10% ?????? I'll look into it and think on it a bit more.

BT
    Last edited by BT Sniper; 01-01-2017 at 12:37 AM.
    BTX Star Crimp Die
    Click link below!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast