Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luck of the draw!! 32 Winchester Special

You have a very fine rifle. It will shot cast bullets at full factory velocity with sterling accuracy. I have a 1959 Winchester 94 Carbine in that caliber. I use the RCBS 170 FNGC as well. Upon suggestion from a friend, I tried that bullet on top of 30/H335 and first time on the bench it turned in five shot one hold groups at 50 yards and 2 MOA groups at 100 yards. I have not tried any other power or charge, as I don't see that improving much if any.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Yeee Hawww, what a family treasure
    Enjoy it, shoot it ALOT and have fun with it
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

I also have an 1894 in 32Win Spec but mine is a SRC. Odd little rifle that I do know a little bit about. I bought it from an estate and was told it had been in the family for years. It came from upstate New York and I thought that an odd home for a SRC. The lady I picked it up from explained that all the meat the family ate during the Great Depression was shot with this rifle, explaining the notches in the butt plate as 7 one side for bear and 26 on other for deer, IIRC. My question was why in the world would anyone sell such a treasure and she said no one still alive had any interest in it. It had musket type sights as well as a tang sight. My oldest brother had the same gun but in a rifle, not a carbine. I offered to cut the cards with him, high card would get the others gun for exactly what we paid for them, he refused, knowing that I knew he paid $29 for his in a pawn shop! Would still liked to have had both of them hanging in a rack!

Boolit Bub
    My 50s vintage 94 shoots very nicely with the RCBS bullet and 4895. I haven't tried 4064, but imagine it would do well.

Boolit Master
    32 special you say. Great caliber. Has better stats at all ranges than either the 30-30 or 35 Remington. So that makes it the better big game harvester than either two previously mentioned. Enjoy the luck you just experienced. Yes sir. Grandpa is smiling down at yaw.

Has anyone loaded Black ???This was Winchesters Change over caliber !! It could do rather well! I have a a 32Ws in a Rifle and in a SRC..! Did have a 20'' carbine Takedown and like a fQQl I sold it !

Ol Deuce
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03753.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	187114
    Do the Best with What you have !

Boolit Buddy
    Terryfromok,
    What a beauty and treasure!
    Pistolero49

NRA Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer * GSSF Member
    Good Sam Club Life Member
    Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.

Boolit Buddy

Ol' Deuce - I think my heart just skipped a beat when I saw that photo of the takedown.
    Valley Forge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12