Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Cabelas Wooltimate

Perma-Banned

Cabelas Wooltimate

Anyone else tried this stuff? I own the whole line, even the Stand Hunter Extreme (nearly 500.00 suit) I do quite a bit of ice fishing, Cold weather hunting (0-20s sometimes - temps) Nothing I've found comes close to this stuff! Highly recommend it for cold weather gear

Boolit Master

Not familiar with it.
    Windproof?
    Does it only come in camo?
    I don't do camo.

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    Not familiar with it.
    Windproof?
    Does it only come in camo?
    I don't do camo.
    It is camo only, it is wind proof with windshear.

I have wanted to try it for a long time but man thats a lot a cabbage
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Perma-Banned
    I got all of mine on sale for WAY less than normal price. I just used the coat the other day out on the lake ice fishing, a little breeze picked up after an hr or so of being there, i would have been miserable in regular wool, i didnt even notice it in this wooltimate with windshear stuff!

Moderator Emeritus

Good wool has always been spendy. I've toyed with getting a couple of heavy wool blankets, and forming them into a cloak to wear when it's really, really cold. Here in the south, our humidity acts like a heat sink when it gets really cold (below freezing) and just sucks all the heat from within you, leaving you trembling very rapidly. High humidity and low temps really CAN hurt you, and hurt you BADLY! Hypothermia is far from unknown here in the "sun belt!" And wool is and has always been THE warmest stuff I've ever worn. Plus, it breathes pretty well, and is a fair wick, too, if you wind up perspiring. Not likely here in really cold weather, unless you wear unbreathable outer garments. Thank God for wool!!!

Banned
    One way to save a little money, go to https://www.raise.com/buy-cabela-s-gift-cards and by gift cards @ 10 to 14% off and use as cash.
    10% off the price (even sale prices) helps. right now they have a few 12.5% and a lot of 10% off face value.
    The % off changes from hour to hour depending on what they get in.
    I used to work outside for many years and would much rather work in the snow than when it's raining and in the 30's/40's

Boolit Grand Master
    I have used a Cabela's Wooltimate shirt for hunting for years
    it's a fantastic shirt best thing is you can machine wash the stuff
    a big plus instead of going to the dry cleaners
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Wow! I picked up the Wooltimate outfit, pants, vest, and coat, and my opinion of it is different from yours. Not saying you're wrong, just that it's obvious I'm not doing something right!

Yesterday was the Pa early muzzleloader opener, and it was 34 degrees @ 05:15 when I climbed into the ladder stand. I felt the cold right through the coat, (didn't know I would need the vest too), and as a slight breeze started I found myself shivering by 6:30. Was wearing thermals, and a thick flannel shirt as well.

The Wooltimate was to replace my Arctic Shield coat, which I would have had to leave open at least half way or been sweating. The reason for replacing the Arctic Shield was simply it was noisy for deer hunting.

So, guys, what am I doing wrong? The salesman swore the Wooltimate with windshear was more than I needed for Pa winter hunts.....he LIED?

Boolit Master

Another option. Kind of spendy, MADE IN USA.
    https://weatherwool.com/

I've resigned myself to using the Wooltimate only under specific circumstances, like no cooler than 40 degrees F, not real windy. It's quiet, and the deer don't seem to notice the outfitter camo, but other than that I decided to get the H6 version of the Arctic Shield parka and pants.

I know Arctic Shield will keep me warm below zero with only limited layering, so movement won't be restricted like heavily layered Wooltimate. The onlything about Arctic shield is they didn't make it much quieter, and there is now some kind of grey on the parka, which, had I known about beforehand I would have passed on. I bought it on clearance, sight unseen, so not much I can do about it.

Threw a bunch of money away on something that didn't measure up to the hype with that Wooltimate.