Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingston Armoury M1-22

Boolit Grand Master

Kingston Armoury M1-22

Got the first one in today and they are really something...all steel and walnut, a full size M1 Garand in 22 LR! From 6 foot away you can't tell it from the real deal and it is a SHOOTER. One hole with iron sights at 30 yards (range froze in) and a 2.5 pound crisp trigger. Check them out!

Banned

Woah!

Boolit Master
    Nice looking gun.
    H&R made a prototype .22 trainer for the M14 that had much the same look about it. That rifle had the tubular receiver of the old model H&R .22 autoloaders.

Awhile back I ran across images of a under barrel cocking pellet rifle replica of the Garand. I think it was a Korea made product. These are very rare. If anything it looked more like a real Garand than the Kings Armory .22. Rather roughly finished though.
    I wonder if it was meant as a military trainer?

Besides the .22LR conversions for the AR15/M16 there were some pneumatic airgun conversions of that rifle. They fired .22 lead balls selective fire using a large air tank and hose arrangement.

The old Erma .22 M1 carbine was an interesting piece.

Super Moderator

Interesting, I just checked their site and they have an M-14 version also. Sorta looks like there is a 10/22 hiding in there.
    http://www.kingstonarmory.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    Sorta looks like there is a 10/22 hiding in there.
    Action is based on the Ruger 10/22.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...4-1022-rifles/

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Super Moderator

Does it go "ping" on the last shot?

Boolit Master
    Pretty cool, but pricey.

Perma-Banned
    So, where's the M-1 carbine version?

Boolit Master
    "So, where's the M-1 carbine version? "

http://chiappafirearms.com/products/127

I doubt Kingston can beat that.

Boolit Master
    If these came out a few months after they released the info I might have snagged on @ 750$ price tag. Almost 2 years later the interest had passed.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    "So, where's the M-1 carbine version? "
    You can also pick up a erma werke 22lr M1 carbine or a iver Johnson branded one.

http://chiappafirearms.com/products/127

I doubt Kingston can beat that.
    You can also pick up a erma werke 22lr M1 carbine or a iver Johnson branded one.

Boolit Master
    I think I'd prefer one of these to a rimfire all said and done.
    http://cinedux.com/dong-ki-air-rifle.php

Aside from airsoft replicas there were very few serious air rifle replicas of the M1 Carbine.
    My little brother had a Crosman M1 BB gun that was fun to shoot, its still in the family though I don't know who ended up with it after my older brother passed on.

I have a Marlin Model 99 M1 that I got cheap because the rear sight was missing and the stock was beat up. The exterior of the barrel was rusty but the bore is perfect.
    I reshaped the stock and handguard to more closely resemble the GI Carbine stock. A member of another board who builds motion picture science fiction prop guns had some leftover rear sights from airsoft M1 replicas and mailed me one free of charge along with a front sight. I haven't found a good method of mounting these yet. The rear sight is cast metal and reasonably sturdy, and has the same adjustments as the real rear sight. The front sight is plastic like the ones on the Chiappa replica .22. To mount the rear sight I'd have to alter the receiver. For now I just use a cheap tasco scope.

There are high quality replica Carbine front and rear sight sets that can be mounted on dovetailed receivers. I may get one of those sets instead of adapting the airsoft parts.
    As always the Marlin rifles are far more accurate than they have a right to be considering how cheap they were when new. I have about $20 in this one, but a replacement rear sight if you can find one is usually priced at two or three times that.
    When re doing the stock I found its cheap murky factory finish was hiding one of the finest looking highly figured walnut stocks I've seen on any .22.
    I would have had to alter the stock in any case since the comb of the Marlin stocks is way too high for me when using iron sights and not comfortable when using a low set scope.

The Chiappa does look good though. At that price theres no excuse for using any plastic parts.

Boolit Grand Master

Chiappa makes a M1 Carbine replica that is not a bad shooter although it has a lot of plastic.

I have the Garand in hand and it is all steel with a Jard trigger that breaks crisp at just over 2 pounds. It is dang cold here so I haven't much range time but so far if you put the sights on it and it is gone. The K/A is quality all the way with a nice real walnut stock. And I can shoot it almost as cheap as a real Garand. But at close to 10 pounds this isn't a woods walking plinker but it sure turns heads...where did you get the NEW Garand!

Boolit Master

awful expensive for a dressed up 10/22 knockoff.

Boolit Master

I have 4 of the Erma M1 carbines(one in .22 magnum) to go with the half dozen actual ones. About a dozen Garands have snuck into the house when the bride was not looking and I really want one of these .22 Garands ! Also had 3 of the little Marlins, refinished 2 and gave 'em to the nephews(maybe they'll get an Erma and a .30 later if they're lucky and come to the funeral !). The rear sights are hard to find for the Ermas and the Marlins - so many folks put scopes on the little buggers so they're out there somewhere !

At about the cost of an actual Garand it will be hard to justify, but I won't need to do that unless my wife is with me when I see one !

Boolit Master
    The H&R prototype M14 trainer I mentioned looked very realistic despite its cylindrical receiver.
    H&R built quite a few .22 training rifles with the same safety setup as found on the Garand and M14. Those were not intended to look like either of those rifles, just to give the same general feel.

The British used many commercial .22 RF and air rifle trainers but preferred to convert surplus SMLE and No.4 rifles to .22.
    The US also converted many Springfield rifles to .22.
    All the old military trainers are sought after collector's items. One I missed out bidding on was a school kid sized Arisaka about 7/8 sized that fired a special low powered cartridge. As usual by the time I made up my mind and counted my ready cash someone else snapped it up.
    Czar Nicholas had two child sized Mosin Nagant rifles made for his kids, chambered for the 7.62 Nagant pistol cartridge.

Boolit Bub
    Has anyone actually ordered and received one from kingston armory? I am a Garand enthusiast and as my son grows up, I am sure he would have a blast shooting "his" m1 while dad blasts away with my real garand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast