Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingWidenersSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Do you like them or not

Boolit Master

Glock Do you like them or not

I had one years ago the only reason i bought it was it was dirt cheap. Now i have to admit it was accurate and dependable. I just don"t care for the feel of a plastic frame. Other guys i know either like them or not like them. My understanding they don"t like cast bullets. They deform brass been know to blow up brass. More cops have shot themself with Glocks because of the trigger design. A Glock is not the type of a gun you shove in your waist band. Their been cases that a cop has hit someone over the head and the Glock slide came off.

Boolit Master

I have a G23, never experienced any issue though it was on the recall list for possible AD. When I returned from duty in Japan I sent it in and they sent it back with a new lower, except for the finger grooves in the new lower (which I didn't care for) and a new SN, I can't tell the difference. I must of fired well over 3k commercial cast bullets from it with no problems, but it does deform the brass a bit, but there again never had any issues when I resized them. I also have an XD in .40 and like the Glock it is also polymer and so far no issues there either.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

I like my Glock alot. Never had any problems with at all, including the ones you mentioned.

I've also only heard of the 40 cal glocks severely deforming brass. I would buy one and not look back.

Boolit Master
    Have a gen IV Glock 17 and am happy with it. I powder coat my cast bullets and clean the bore after each range session to alleviate concerns with kabooms. I wanted a simple reliable 9mm and at the advice of folks who trust their lives to firearms I chose the 17.

As far as cops and handguns, sadly more often than not cops are great examples of how not to handle or shoot firearms.

Love them. Ugly, and the G19 needed an hour with a dremel sanding drum and a wood burning tool to fit my hand.

Unfailing reliable. No aftermarket BS required save replacing that plastic guide rod. No worries about scratches or otherwise hurting the appearance of my daily carry pistol....it was fugly the day it was bought.
    For reliability it will match and usually beat anything out there. I prefer the 19 myself, it beats any revolver for capacity and is very easy to carry. Fairly light, especially in comparison to a 1911 which is like carrying a boat anchor.

Glocks are like framing hammers. No one takes pride in their appearance but when work needs doing, they are there. Every time.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

I grant that glocks are generally reliable, dislike them personally
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Affordable, accurate, reliable, Glock Inc has shown a willingness to listen to end users and make improvements. Keep your boogerhook off the bang switch and they won't go off.

I don't like them, don't own any and helped steer my agency away from Glock five years ago. My EDC was a 1911 but this year I changed to an HK VP9 and am perfectly happy. I save my cast boolits for my revolvers and rifles.

Boolit Master

I don't care for the grip angle, one of my sons really likes the ones he has.

Years ago, when they first appeared, the gun magazines referred to them as "the plastic pistols", and being an all-steel 1911 fan I was consequently educated-biased against them. But as fate would have it, when I was an FFL holder, two guys ordered used ones from J&G through my dealership. One guy came up short on funds and refused delivery, so since it was hanging around I decided to try it out. A G-22 .40 S&W 2nd generation. I liked it! Still have it to this day. Then the Glock matches started being fired in my area and my Mrs. actually bought me a brand new G-21 .45 ACP. Just a bit large for my hand, but manageable and I also liked it. Both are ugly but very reliable. I still have them after about 20 years, so that says something. But...I'm still an all-steel 1911 fan!

Boolit Master

I would rather own different pistols but to each his own. The Glock was revolutionary when introduced.

Boolit Master
    They are really great guns in most all respects but for me, i just don't care for the grip angle either. I did however fall in love with the M&P 's. They fit like a glove and are every bit as good. Stock triggers on both suck but can be remedied however because the Glock trigger design, it preloads the striker when you press the trigger through to the rear, akin to a faux double action, the pull & break will never be as good as the other striker fired guns with a standard tipping/falling sear which can be made very, very good. My M&P race gun is almost as good as a well tuned hammer fired gun. That said and despite my grip angle preference, there's a few Glocks I'd like to get.
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 12-30-2016 at 01:02 AM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    Your not gonna find people who dont like them due to their reliability or availability of parts. It generally comes down to the grip and how they look. Thats my issue, the grip. I wonder if glock sat down and said 'hmmm how can I force people to buy my guns exclusively'? So he made a gun that has a grip different than everything else. So you buy glock, or you dont. Wont find many people who use glocks and other semi autos. People I know who shoot glocks, thats all they shoot, the others shoot other pistols and dont own glocks.

Now if glock had any sense, I worked on German cars for years, they dont have any. Their thinking is, this is the way to do it, and the only way to do it. And why they keep producing such unreliable cars. Most polymer pistols now have replaceable back straps for a custom fit. Glock finally went part of the way with the flimsy snap on upper piece. But did nothing for the grip. When they should have made that hump on the bottom something you could change, without resorting to a bench grinder. I would buy another glock if it felt the same way as all my other pistols do in the hand. Dont see it happening, so only option is one of the 80% lowers with a traditional grip angle.

Banned

Glock not for me. To each their own. If you like your Glock, you can keep your Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    Glock not for me. To each their own. If you like your Glock, you can keep your Glock.
    OMG! You can't say that! The glocksters will come and go off on you.... It's a sin not to like the mighty Glock! No one can like a 92 or 1911... NO!

Boolit Master
    Hi...
    Never actually owned one but did buy one of their 10mm units for my son last Christmas.

I have shot a few others as well...Just not my thing.
    I am basically a 1911/ revolver kind of guy, although I do own a couple of other autoloaders in 9mm and .40S&W.
    Just can't myself like plastic guns...Some kind of character flaw, I guess.

Sorry, forgot to answer the question... (looking over shoulder) If you like your Glock you can use your Glock. They work and work well, just not my cup of tea.

Boolit Grand Master
    An ugly duckling that is the most reliable and accurate thing around. Yes, I know many others are accurate and reliable, but for a go to war pistol, in standard calibers, it's hard to beat. When I had to trade out my beloved S&W revolver for the plastic pistol, I realized I had as much firepower in my hand as I had had on my duty belt. The only failures generally come from limp wristed shooters or obstructed slide travel (like in a close quarters fist fight). For reloader's, the bulging brass can be an issue.

Boolit Master
    I'm OKAY with a Glock. I wouldn't refuse to carry it, if issued one. I shoot better with my 1911A1, which probably has everything to do with the better trigger on my 1911A1, and the fact that I like it better than any Glock.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

I built several, owned three and no longer own one. I was brought into this world with a 1911 in my right hand, a tit in my left and nothing else fits right, oh, I can shoot most anything but the 1911 is just a pleasure and my comfort zone. But seriously, I would not carry a 92 Beretta into a combat zone anywhere, period. They have started doing all kinds of hinky garbage, like shearing barrel blocks off, one after the other, fracturing slides, etc and that is just a 9mm...... I would absolutely take a Glock 19 G-4 over a 92 Beretta any day, in combat.
    Ed
    "Let us speak courteously, fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Teddy Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Boolit Master
    I dont know anyone can own just one Glock? I have 4, G19, G21SF, G22 and a G35.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast