Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Glock Do you like them or not

Boolit Master

Like the gen3&4. DO not care for my Gen2 model 23. It is the finger groves that made it for me.

Boolit Master
    Since i started this post the opinion are about 50/50 on the Glock. Most agree like i do they don"t fit the hand. They are ugly as sin. Now give me a steel 1911 or Browning Hi- Power that fit the hand of most people. Truth be told most of us buy pistol they can hold and feel right in your hand. And the Colt type 45 and Hi-power are good looking guns not ugly looking plastic made like it was made from a 2x4 I do admit they are dependable

Boolit Buddy

To give Glocks their due, they are quite robust and very durable. The "always hot" trigger frightens me, and I would never consider carrying one. I once had one as a range gun, and it was accurate and reliable. I got over the fact that it was butt ugly, but the thick grip was too big for my small hands. The rational choice in an autoloader today may well be a SIG M11.

Boolit Master
    You know , it says much about this forum that this thread has not turned into a Fan Boy vs Hater whissin match! That is the main reason my answer was short and concise
    They don't feel or look appealing in my hand, acknowledge they seem to function well and adequately accurate. I simply don't care for them and the only real complaint I have is the concept of the trigger being the safety as well. I know that is a personal issue, but it makes me more uncomfortable than a 1911 cocked and locked. I'm a revolver guy, blued steel and walnut. But , I have a Kahr CW45 and I like it. Plastic, ugly, no safety, slings my brass everywhere..... but the trigger feels like a DA revolver and it "seem to function well and adequately accurate" , just like a Glock
    So , for me, it's the feel in the hand and the trigger that settles it for me. CZ75 and Beretta 81 series guns are worth chasing brass for, and my ugly CW45 too. Just an opinion, and always subject to change.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master
    I guess I'm in the Glock fan corner. Have two of them and they are my only auto-loading pistols, except for 22lr. Carry a G43 in an Alien Gear IWB holster and have a G23 in 40S&W and a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel for it. They may be ugly, but they always go bang. Always.

Banned

so you wouldn't carry a DA handgun either. the triggers is allways "HOT" on them too. A gun doesn't go off on its own. It takes a conscious pulling of the trigger to make it fire, a trigger that typical takes 7-10lbs of pull weight which is the same as a da snubby. Keep your finger off the trigger and its about impossible for one to go off in a holster. Personaly I wouldn't buy a black gun that had a safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill*B View Post
    To give Glocks their due, they are quite robust and very durable. The "always hot" trigger frightens me, and I would never consider carrying one. I once had one as a range gun, and it was accurate and reliable. I got over the fact that it was butt ugly, but the thick grip was too big for my small hands. The rational choice in an autoloader today may well be a SIG M11.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The rational choice in an autoloader today may well be a SIG M11.
    Agree 100%. BHP and Sig M11 are the best autos available today in my opinion.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

I began carrying a G17 in 1988, picked up several more of their line up through the years and all I can say is they just work.

Boolit Bub
    Ugly as a mud fence, but I have 4 or 5 of em and wouldn't hesitate to go to war with one if necessary. They go bang when they're supposed to, are reasonably accurate and if you scratch up one its not going to break your heart. They don't inspire poetry in my soul like blued steel and walnut, but I consider them tools; adequate for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Trigger always hot? Don't carry a DA revolver then. Or a pre cross bolt safety Marlin 336. The Marlin has a lot more power w/ a lighter weight pull than a Glock.

Comparing aesthetics is plain foolish. A Glock is a tool, plain and simple. It's purpose is to protect your life. In this regard it goes bang every time and is accurate for this task. Comparing the trigger to a target gun is foolish as well. It's not a target gun. I don't think a 1911 has the ultimate trigger. I learn to use the trigger on the gun I'm shooting. Learning to ride the reset on Glock yields a lot of shots in short order in a small area on the target. I realize everyone has their preferences but comparisons need to be apples to apples.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have come to appreciate the Glock system. I did not care for the Glocks at first, they were and are about as aesthetically pleasing as a mud fence enclosing Greco-Roman statuary. Over time, their affordability--their reliability--and their indestructibility have won me over. Add in that a LARGE pool of factory-authorized armorers are at large in our country to maintain and refresh the arms as they get carried and used......it is a pretty good sitch for an owner and user.

They utterly lack the graceful designs of the Beretta 92-series or the Browning HP. They aren't a "Barbecue Gun" that looks nice in a finely-tooled leather holster. They are the Model 10 S&W or Rem 870 of the current day--unadorned, perhaps under-appreciated, but profoundly capable and competent. There are 5 at my house, and 4 SIG-Sauers, with a CZ-75B for the times that only all-steel will do. Add on the Colt and S&W wheelguns, and I have a range of choices. But I don't sell the Glocks short--EVER.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master

Hate them, hate the way they do business, and I hate the fanboys that worship them.

But I do own three currently and probably more in the future, although I try to buy used so Gaston doesn't get as much profit from it. So I treat them like my ex. Both are just a needed evil that is allowed to walk the Earth.

I think Glock peaked about 20 years ago and other manufacturers have surpassed them in their own game. They don't listen to their customers and they are never wrong. But cheap well made magazines and an aftermarket that makes Build A Bear collectors jealous keeps them up there at the top.

They are made in the USA now, well some, and they are dead reliable like the crack ***** of a pistol it is.

And I really hope the Gen5 rumors are true and they have a new model with non finger grooves coming soon.

Lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    I have shot 2 Glocks ( 21 and 22) enough to know they don't fit me. They point up and left when I first bring them up and I have to correct in order to be on target. My 1911, S&W28 and Springfield XDs all point where they are supposed to without forcing them and all are as accurate and reliable as a Glock. So, no I don't like Glocks. Good guns, they just don't fit me.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    My favorite thing about Glock is easy parts availability. You can get factory parts anywhere for very reasonable cost as Glock isn't deathly afraid of people working on their own guns like most makers are. I really don't understand why some makers like Ruger and Taurus want you to send in the gun for a broken $2.00 part, especially since nearly all autoloaders require no hand fitting of parts nowadays.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

I'm just the opposite. I get a chuckle at the anti glock boys. Bad mouth some that works. Claim they need to make big changes to keep up when they probably outsell all the rest of the black guns combined. Kind of like saying they need to do a redesign on an ak47 because you don't like the grain in the stock. I used to be one of those anti guys. That's until I owned the first couple. I was a 1911 guy through and through. Found I had to buy a few though to find one that shot well and was reliable out of the box. When I did the price was usually up near a grand. For 500 bucks I can buy any glock in any gunshop in the country and know before I even stick a clip in it that I could trust my life and my familys to it. don't buy them if you don't like them but id about bet not to many glock shooters see a need for major change

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    And I really hope the Gen5 rumors are true and they have a new model with non finger grooves coming soon.
    The rumor is true about the Gen 5's. I have some pictures holding one if you want to check it out.
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

I like my Glocks. USA about to replace Beretta with Sig. Wonder if President Trump will intervene?

Boolit Man
    Why on earth would he intervene?
    "America: The only country that matters. If you want to experience other "cultures", use an atlas or ham radio" - Ron Swanson

American manufacturing jobs. Be interesting to see what, if anything, American manufacturers even offered for consideration.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast