Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Hodgson Annual Manuel

Super Moderator Emeritus

2017 Hodgson Annual Manuel

They just put them out in the store I shop in great info
    Grab one good reading

Boolit Grand Master

Supposed to be a new powder designed for the 300 BLK as well. Looking forward to picking up a copy

Banned

it features the 300blk powder it looks to be just slower than 1680 and right near 4198.
    I want to see if it has the red/green/blue data in it.

Boolit Grand Master

I don't believe the red/green/blue data is in it. There was another thread about the manual already. It has loads for 572 which were sparse. And three articles on the 300 BLK powder is a bit much. But it's full of loads from their online data center. Worth ever penny IMO since I pretty much use their powders exclusively.

Boolit Master
    Oops! Should have bought when I saw it the first time this afternoon at the Exchange. Next time

When the loading data is all available online why purchase the manual?
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffinNZ View Post
    I like to have the manuals in my reloading room which is about 75 yards from my computer

Boolit Grand Master

There is no substitute for a printed manual. Online data is convenient but subject to availability for many reasons. A printed manual is permanent as long as you take care or it.

Banned

I like to have data in hand also.
    I either copy it down or have the book open on the bench.
    I also note my powder weight and place it in front of the scale so I don't transpose 2 numbers.
    there is a big difference between 59.6grs and 56.9grs.
    besides in 15 years someone is gonna need some data for their recently aquired 30RAR and it ain't gonna be on the web data.

Boolit Grand Master

I'd expect the web data to stay. That's one of the advantages to it. Doesn't cost money like it does to print it. Over time the online data should be more complete. Assuming they keep all safe data posted. If they pull it down it's the same as printed except there will be no way to get it if you didn't print it out when it was available.

Moderator Emeritus

Well, Jeff, if you ask that kind'a question, you probably wouldn't accept the answer. What happens if one day you don't have electricity and need to load? Will you recall all your loads accurately? Are you sure? I keep a log of what I load that proves to be really good with a note which rifle it was shot in. And besides, you're not really interested in reloading if you don't enjoy reading about it. I have quite a few manuals, and still am buying more. We have about 200 different powders available to us now. No one (and not even a dozen!) manual can contain all the info we may need. So often, I've gotten a deal on some old powder, and I've always had data for it. It matters.

I learn before the internet or anything like what there is today. It is a manual and I learn most of what I know from the manual and still have them same ones i learn from and got some others also later on and still on the look out for some that might work for me.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I have some Hodgdon Trap 100 powder. It was discontinued in the late 1980's. Try going to Hodgdon's site and finding loading data for it. There is none.

My Hodgdon #25 manual (5th printing, 1989) has data for Trap 100. This is why I have it.

Online data can, and will, be changed, modified, or deleted. This change could be done by Hodgdon, or you could be denied access to that information by other entities - government included. You may scoff, but guns are useless without ammo, and ammunition is much easier to regulate.

If you own it in print, barring misfortune it is yours forever.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Bookworm View Post

Online data can, and will, be changed, modified, or deleted. This change could be done by Hodgdon, or you could be denied access to that information by other entities - government included. You may scoff, but guns are useless without ammo, and ammunition is much easier to regulate.

If you own it in print, barring misfortune it is yours forever.
    agree 100% .. in print its yours to keep ...on the internet ...who knows what the future holds
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Although I'm very happy to have the internet and be able to confab with all you fine folks out there. I too favor books and manuals. I've found that searching for specific information on the internet usually gets you that specific information and little else. Whereas with a manual you usually have to read or skim info not specific to the info you seek. I learn more by having to read through other material while I hunt for the specific bits of info that prompted my search.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

1720 miles East of Wall Drug, North of Cooperstown, NY
    I agree with Jeff!!! I have many manuals and have printed out many pages from the net. I find the net (computers) and smart phones are very fast for finding data.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Je suis Charlie
    Remember Lavoy!
    I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

Thanks for your replies. Just testing the water you see. I suspect younger people are probably happy with online. I like manuals too and especially the older ones for reasons stated above but these days I tend to go online and then print. BUT I still like manuals.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Grand Master

I started buying the online manual a few years ago and will buy one again this year in spite of my lack of interest in the 300 BO. I've been using manuals since way before Al Gore invented the internet and I'll always have one (or maybe six) nearby when I'm online or in the loading room looking for a load. I use the online sources now and then but I suppose I'll always prefer a hard copy.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

I love paper.
    I write down all my notes on paper.
    I know many here use digital spreadsheets, those are fine.
    Computers are fine, I really like them...but I love paper.

Most of my loads are referenced from a paper Lyman manual, I like to doublecheck and triple check some loading data (especially with old powders that are new to me), and the internet is nearly indispensable for that.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I'd imagine the folks that think the Internet and electricity will last forever are reloading for different reasons than most of us. I'm a pessimist and have planned accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast