Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: You know you're hooked on reloading when..

Boolit Mold

You know you're hooked on reloading when..

you go to the supermarket and buy a product you dont really want, just because it comes in a hard clear screw top plastic container that is perfect for cast boolits, brass, complete rounds..and yeah sitting at the table eating "fruit salad" from said jar...not because i like it a lot, man that plastic screw top jar is a beauty. Merry Xmas

Boolit Master

You've got it bad!
    Last edited by Hickory; 12-25-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    I find myself wandering in the store looking at plastic containers to hold boolits.
    Leadmelter
    MI

Boolit Buddy
    Well I am glad to see I am not the only one doing this, I was wondering about my grip on sanity. Now I know I am just as crazy as the rest of ya'll. LOL

Boolit Master
    I use those screw top plastic containers for oxyclean/vanish washing powder very robust and stackable.

Boolit Master

Nothing nuts about it. It's usually cheaper to buy a product for the container than it is to shop for a container in a specialty store.

I bet I have 2 cubic yards of boxes, bottles, jars and cans. Makes me happy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nueces View Post
    Nothing nuts about it. It's usually cheaper to buy a product for the container than it is to shop for a container in a specialty store.

I bet I have 2 cubic yards of boxes, bottles, jars and cans. Makes me happy.
    My wife needed a spay bottle, so she asked me to pick one up when I was at Wal-Mart. I looked at the one that they had and it seemed a bit overpriced, so I went over to the cleaning supply area and found a bottom of generic ammonia glass cleaner for cheaper than the empty spray bottle.

I also find myself buying mayo and mustard in the large screw top containers at Sam's so that I can use the containers for storing brass once they are empty.

My neighbour buys fruit in those screw top containers so I got lots from him. Perfect for holding cast boolits, I just tape one to the front so that I know what's inside. My wife buys yoghurt in plastic containers which have snap-on lids. Not quite as good as the screw ones but still quite useful.

Boolit Master

Sometimes, you can ask the restaurants to save you the large screw type condiment containers. I knew a Chinese Restaurant that had a very large stack of 5g soy sauce buckets outside waiting to be hauled away.

Boolit Buddy

anyone here go thru the trash at the range and keep the empty ammo boxes, I have big cardboard boxes full of them that I reuse, I would rather have them than the MTM plastic boxes
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

Boolit Master

Yeah, I've done that. But it's a private range, not like I'm dumpster diving at the grocery store. They may have cameras and, jeez, I may want to run for Sheriff someday!

Nuts? Ya, a little around the edges. Speaking of nuts, those big plastic jugs that Planter's peanuts come in work great for brass and boolets. I love peanuts so I get another jug about once a month.

I'm not a coffee drinker but my wife is. I love those plastic containers her coffee comes in with those snap-on lids. I make her save every one for me and I also get them from the guys at work.
    Got a whole bunch more than I may ever use but you never know.
    Great for storing Cast bullets, nuts & bolts and anything that will fit in them.

Boolit Master

Heh! I even use them to store coffee!

I cut up a pair of Community Coffee bags (ethyl and decaf) and taped them around red and green Folgers plastic cans.

Boolit Master
    You're got it bad when you ignore the factory loaded ammo in the stores and lust over primers and powder.

I sweep up all of the brass at the indoor range where I shoot. One day I may even sell off some brass in my cull cans.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

Been known to buy cool whip so I can use the #5 containers for tumble coating bullets. Also buy empty #5 bowls in wallyworld for same reason
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Get annoyed and growl at wife because she bought a can of different coffee that won't stack right with your regular collection of red Folgers plastic cans. Or you decide to get the larger Folgers because you need something taller for long rifle brass that will fit with all the shorter cans already on the shelf.

Nuts that come in clear plastic screw top jars are healthy which is ok I guess but SEE THROUGH! Gotta love that.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Yeah, I love those cubic screw top jars that nuts come in. Put one through the dishwasher once, came out heat warped. Sob...

There is a rifle manufacturer that tests their AR15 variants at the range I infest. They often leave the empty ammo boxes stacked on the shelf instead of throwing them away because they know someone will take them home. I may have a few tucked away somewhere.
    They also sweep up all the brass that lands on the concrete but leave behind the brass that lands in the grass in front of the firing position. If you time it right, you can pick up up to 300 rounds after they leave. I may also have a few rounds of brass stored in a box at home also.

Boolit Buddy
    I didn't see anybody talk about the red Folger coffee cans.( Plastic snap top). Comes in 1 lb and 2 lb sizes. Have seen bigger ones, but not in flavor I like,so didn't buy it. Keep all cleaned/ primed brass in them. Just label them with black sharpies. When changing contents I just wipe sharpie off with brake cleaner. They are kinda moisture proof so I just throw a small desiccant capsule from a asprin or vitamin bottles. Keeps everything dust and moisture proof until ready to use.
    When I pickup my brass and range brass I cut slits in top of a yellow coffee can and push everything through top .Yellow can means dirty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast