Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Looking to gift a reloading/casting item as a thank you to this subforum, any needs?

Boolit Buddy

Looking to gift a reloading/casting item as a thank you to this subforum, any needs?

Edit (jan 7th): The item has been received, so I won't be checking the thread too often anymore. This ended up working out very well I think.

I really appreciate having this chapel subforum and wanted to do something tangible to give back. So, I wanted to offer to donate a reloading item to someone on here or someone they know who could use it.

The spirit of this is "passing God's blessing onto others at Christmas". I feel like God gave me so much this year and some of the things were reloading/casting related and I want to pass some of that on for Christ's Glory.

The way I feel led to do this is a little non-standard. Instead of listing what I'm willing to give I hope that some people who could use something, or know someone who could use something, mention the item in need and if God lines that up with something I can offer then that will show me that is the item I should give.

So, please write back to this thread if you have a reloading or casting thing you could use (it doesn't have to be something you "need", it is okay if it is just a "want") or that someone that you know could use. Just post the item you want and if I happen to happen to have it, it may well end up being yours.

Please just ask whatever feels right to you, whether it is a $10 item or a $200 item. Once the right item pops up I'll write back to this thread saying it is complete and update this first post accordingly.

Thanks to everyone here, I am glad to be a part of this group and I'm looking forward to seeing how this works out,
    Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 01-07-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Boolit Buddy

Please post anything you might want. I'm just looking for this to be a friendly gift, like if we were all chatting at the shooting range and you mentioned you were about to buy a set of reloading dies and I happened to have that same set and so I gave it to you. Or if you told me your friend is starting reloading but needs brass for a certain cartridge. I have brass, lead bullets, jacketed bullets, dies, die sets, molds, gas checks, reloading equipment, lead alloys, alloying materials, casting equipment etc.

Thank you, Andy. Your generous and caring post has made me realize that you have given me everything I may want or need. God bless you and may you and your family have a Merry Christmas.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you Pine, God has been very kind to me and I want to pass that on to someone else.

Guys I really want to give something or multiple things away and hope to do so through the chapel part of the forum so it goes to a fellow Christian or someone they want to gift to during Christmas time, please let me know if you could use anything, I have a lot of excess stuff and would like to help someone out in a friendly way. I guess if no one writes back I'll list this in pay-it-forward but i would much rather it works out here.

I know that many good men don't want to get something for free from someone else but I know God wants us to be generous with each other and accept the generosity of others when it is offered in good spirit. I would really like some people to please tell me anything they need and I will send it to you if I can.

If you don't feel comfortable posting to the thread just PM me what you could use and I'll keep your name 100% out of any public discussion regarding this.

Boolit Master
    Dang it I'll bite

if you have a 9MM mackarove reloading die I would use it
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I am with Pine Baron, sometimes it is the thought that counts.

I am pretty well outfitted. Certainly no needs and no real wants.

Seeing that the spirit is alive and well in others, well that is priceless right there.

Boolit Master

I am blessed and humbled to be a part of this family! I have often thought it would be very cool to have the opportunity to meet you guys and do some shooting together. I have no 'needs' but am sure someone will come along to receive a big blessing from a kind, generous and godly brother!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Buddy

I don't have a 9mm makarov die but I would absolutely have sent it to you if I did. Thanks for being the first to take a stab at my offer, I was feeling like no one was going to mention anything. Any other requests?

Boolit Buddy

Andy your indeed a generous man, God will continue to bless you because you continue to be charitable and giving. I will try your offer. I love to shoot cast in my '06 but I have no 30 caliber molds. I could use a light for caliber mold or anything in the 150-180gr range. As a thank you for making this offer, I will also attempt to fill a a request that you can't. At the very least I want to be equally as generous according to the generosity I have been shown. Thank you for being here brother Andy, your example may just catch on.
    Jeff
    Last edited by NC_JEFF; 12-30-2016 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Typo

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Stewardship , paying forward , it's an impressive thing to see practiced .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I don't have a 9mm makarov die but I would absolutely have sent it to you if I did. Thanks for being the first to take a stab at my offer, I was feeling like no one was going to mention anything. Any other requests?

Your welcom. And thank you for your offer. making that post was one of the hardest things I've done in a while. ( pride ) I don't need the die, I just a want. I have some 45 ACP brass and boolits up for a gift,in the helping hands thread. I would have loved to have sent them to someone that wanted them. But we are men ( pride ) we don't need anything. And the truth is that it ( pride ) robs people from the joy of giving.

Thank you again for what your doing I hope you have a blessed year
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Bzcraig "I am blessed and humbled to be a part of this family! I have often thought it would be very cool to have the opportunity to meet you guys and do some shooting together."

Amen brother!

Boolit Grand Master

That's a nice offer, Andy. I could use a 30-06 collet die if you have a used one kicking around. I am working on a new Mossberg Patriot and my first attempts full length sizing with sb dies was a trial even with an old ECHO. The good part was doing my initial sighting in. With 150gr Hornady Boat Tails and 4064 I got it within 2MOA on the first charge I tried. I just switched from the Dead Ringer scope it came with to a Nikon and with a little more experimenting I have no doubt I have a MOA gun or better.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

I'd like to buy a Benjamin air rifle from you.

Andy Check with Oklahoma Rebel, I believe he is in need and is going through a hard time, unable to work. I know he is wanting to reload for 7.62x39 for his SKS and I believe 7.62x4r for a Mosin.

Might be he needs a new star die or something in the right size.

Boolit Buddy

Thank you for the replies everyone, it took a little while but I'm glad to see everyone taking this in the way I meant it and a good discussion coming from it.

jedomegd: this is exactly what I hoped would happen from this thread (showing how God lines these things up), in fact the man I got most of this reloading stuff from was almost exclusively into casting for his 30-06, so I have a good number of single cavity molds that he tried out that will probably be within your range. I will look at the numbers tomorrow and send you a PM, but I'm sure I have one in the range you mentioned so this is going to work out. I didn't want to say I had a lot of a particular thing because I wanted to let God work and see what happened, but the thing I have the most of is .30 caliber molds for a 30-06 so this is really a nice resolution to this. Thank you for posting what you were looking for.

RL69 I couldn't agree with you more and that's one of the big reasons I posted this, we should never be too prideful to accept God's grace/gifts to us and he taught me that in a big way this year. I used to always want to "earn" or "repay" every single thing I got in life that was "more than I deserved" and now I sometimes just let myself set back and accept that God is doing something nice for me above and beyond any needs I have just to show his love.

Jonp: sorry to say I don't have a 30-06 collet die, but thank you for asking.

Ghosthawk: thanks for the tip, I'll look into his posts. I don't have much in the way of those chamberings but I'll see if there is anything else I could do.

Boolit Buddy

And I'll be looking here often to see if I am able to be a help to another brother. In the right spirit the Lord will move here, let us all glorify Him

Boolit Buddy

Just wanted to complete the thread by saying we found an appropriate mold and I shipped it out yesterday. I listed a few molds and the one he wanted was the one I had the least use for, so it is now on its way to the right home.

Being retired and on a small income I could really use a 250gr 35 cal bullet mold.

Boolit Buddy

Mold arrived today, I am more than grateful for the opportunity to participate in this endeavor whether giving or receiving, as I did by receiving this mold, let's keep the spirit of this forum alive guys, if you need it say so, if you see it then let's all help out.