Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee 357 semiwadcutter for deer?

Boolit Master
    When talking about power... Dad was horrified that I would use a 22LR! "What do you need that kind of power for Boy?" He killed everything with 22 shorts.... Calves and hogs too... I seen his Army records... He shot Expert with M1 carbine, M1 Garand, and 45 pistol... he didn't like guns like I do...It was just a tool to him...

You put it in the right spot....and be close enough....You'll have meat just fine....

Dale

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I have the lee 358-200-RF if you would like to try some samples out in your gun.
    I have a Lyman 358156, a Lee 158gr RNFP, and probably something else I can't remember right now, and will extend the same offer to the OP if interested. Just PM me.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Boolit Buddy
    Little known secret to hunting bullet's. Any bullet of any type that will penetrate to the vitals and damage them enough will kill the largest animal's on earth! They could be made out of balsa wood.

I've only been doing rifle bullet's a short time and finding that, in my 308, to much velocity ruin's accuracy. Gonna start again when the weather clears, with some faster powder. Got a lot of Red Dot and should get at or close to 1800 fps with it. Was going to hunt deer with the 308 this year the the unit I got was to far so didn't make it. Next year I'm going for my back yard or not at all!

Boolit Grand Master
    I tend to agree that hyper-velocity isn't needed for a quick, clean kill. I like that boolit known as the bullet for all seasons from the LASC Fryxell articles.

Boolit Master
    This bullet works great with the alloy you mentioned and at standard 357 Magnum velocities.

It is lethal and designed to work specifically through the Henry Action.

I took a big farm country doe 25 yard sprint and piled up hit it right behind the front leg in the boiler room. I also shot yoddle pup with it stiffened up and was DRT.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...36-150DG-D.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12